A few questions re Summit 7 day to Bermuda

celebrity

I've tried to search this forum but have yet to come up with the answers to the following questions and hope someone can help:

What deck do you embark at Cape Liberty?

Is Blu open for lunch on embarkation day?

Does anyone have copies of the Blu menu?

Is there a pool band at sailaway on deck?

Is there an Elite event on a 7 day sailing and if so, what is it?

Thanks in advance.

What deck do you embark at Cape Liberty?

It depends on the tides, port requirements, other factors. It might even change during the process, so those who embark early may go onto a different deck than those who embark later.

Is Blu open for lunch on embarkation day?

No

Does anyone have copies of the Blu menu?

There are multiple Blu menus. Do a search on this board and you can find photos of some of them.

Is there a pool band at sailaway on deck?

Depends on the weather and the whim of the cruise director.

Is there an Elite event on a 7 day sailing and if so, what is it?

Elite coffee break (breakfast) every day except for disembarkation day. Elite cocktails, every night except one, when there is a different event for Captain's Club members. Other Elite events (teas, wine tastings, backstage tours, etc) may be offered, you will get a letter in your stateroom on embarkation day outlining these.

Thanks in advance.

Surprising that there would be different decks to embark as we sailed on Quantum in April and each sailing passengers embarked on deck 5.

I realize that weather plays a factor in sailaway but some cruises never offer a pool band at sailaway opting for a DJ instead.

As stated, I did multiple searches for recent Blu menus using various search words and came up with zilch.

Perhaps I should have worded my question better to prompt responses from recent Summit passengers.

I appreciate your reply and hope someone else chimes in.

As to your food preferences:

Two options:

Have your TA contact X now so they have time to address your concerns, and they will have them addressed prior to the cruise. No TA? Try calling during the week and seeing what X can do.

Or...

Let the Maitre d' in Blu know your requirements and they will have things sorted for your next meal.

As to the embarkation:

With the new facility, the ramps adjust based on the tide, kind of like walking to an airplane in a European airport, where the ramps are longer and adjust based on the size of the plane. I have only departed on the Quantum from Bayonne since the new facility opened, so I can't speak for the Summit.

Enjoy your cruise!

Derek

As to your food preferences:

Two options:

Have your TA contact X now so they have time to address your concerns, and they will have them addressed prior to the cruise. No TA? Try calling during the week and seeing what X can do.

Or...

Let the Maitre d' in Blu know your requirements and they will have things sorted for your next meal.

As to the embarkation:

With the new facility, the ramps adjust based on the tide, kind of like walking to an airplane in a European airport, where the ramps are longer and adjust based on the size of the plane. I have only departed on the Quantum from Bayonne since the new facility opened, so I can't speak for the Summit.

Enjoy your cruise!

Derek

Thanks Derek. Will contact my TA ASAP.

BTW love your screen name and hope you enjoyed Quantum as much as we did!

Edited by celebrity

Embark on deck 4. Lining the wall you will have tables out for excursion sales and other things. As for being a vegetarian, I also am. I spoke to the matre,d embarkation morning and she made arrangements for breakfast lunch and dinner. I was in Luminae but almost sure they will do the same for you..You can contact your TA and have them contact Celebrity also. Hope this helps

Victoria

MDR on the Summit was open for lunch on embarkation day. We went to lunch there on the first day. It was not crowded. Great service. It was much better than going to the buffet. Last year we ate at Bistro on 5 on embarkation day. It was okay. However, Bistro costs $10 now. Plus if you dine on embarkation day, you pay the $10 plus 7% tax (NJ). MDR is free.

Thank you so much. I think this may be a problem for me. As a vegetarian, the options are limited.

We were on the Summit last week and are also vegetarians. There is a vegetarian menu for Blu, ask the Maitre d' for it when you are being seated. There are two choices for each course. The salads and soups were excellent. The main courses were okay, nothing wonderful, but certainly filling. They are mostly pasta or grains, no tofu dishes.

We enjoyed lunch from the Aqua Spa cafe which is in the solarium. They serve really good salads and fruit plates.

There is a grill by the pool which does have veggie burgers. They aren't precooked like the hamburgers, you have to order them and wait 15 min for them to cook.

In the Oceanview Cafe there is a pasta station towards the back on the right side. You select which vegetables you would like and they saute them. You can add sauce if you like. We only ate lunch there when in Bermuda. It is a total zoo on sea days

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Warpspeed

We were on the Summit last week and are also vegetarians. There is a vegetarian menu for Blu, ask the Maitre d' for it when you are being seated. There are two choices for each course. The salads and soups were excellent. The main courses were okay, nothing wonderful, but certainly filling. They are mostly pasta or grains, no tofu dishes.

We enjoyed lunch from the Aqua Spa cafe which is in the solarium. They serve really good salads and fruit plates.

There is a grill by the pool which does have veggie burgers. They aren't precooked like the hamburgers, you have to order them and wait 15 min for them to cook.

In the Oceanview Cafe there is a pasta station towards the back on the right side. You select which vegetables you would like and they saute them. You can add sauce if you like. We only ate lunch there when in Bermuda. It is a total zoo on sea days

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks so much for the info. Getting very excited!

I don't like tofu, so no loss in that regard.

Not worried about lunch in the Oceanview Cafe as I always make a salad.

Thanks for the good wishes..I know we wil have a blast!

• 4 weeks later...
MDR on the Summit was open for lunch on embarkation day. We went to lunch there on the first day. It was not crowded. Great service. It was much better than going to the buffet.

Was the embarkation day menu one of the normal sea day MDR menus, or something different? I guess I can go to MDR and ask to see the menu before being seated and if we don't like it, just go upstairs to Oceanview. We'll be on the ship early so it won't be crowded.

Thank you so much. I think this may be a problem for me. As a vegetarian, the options are limited.

My wife who is a vegetarian and I are Aqua passengers.She always gets a large salad,steamed and grilled vegetables.Just ask your maitr'd.