Mango meltdown...vodka or rum?

bangzoom6877

Does anyone know the exact recipe for a Mango Meltdown? I cruised in May and this was my favorite drink, but I never asked for the recipe because I figured I would just google it when I got home. Imagine my surprise when the recipe does not come up. I have tried other recipes, but they are not as good as the ones on NCL. Please someone help me or I will have to take another cruise!

Does anyone know the exact recipe for a Mango Meltdown? I cruised in May and this was my favorite drink, but I never asked for the recipe because I figured I would just google it when I got home. Imagine my surprise when the recipe does not come up. I have tried other recipes, but they are not as good as the ones on NCL. Please someone help me or I will have to take another cruise!

That's the way I make this drink

Ingredients

2 1/2 small ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), plus 1/2 mango cut into slices with skin, for garnish

4 ounces best-quality golden rum

4 cups fresh pineapple juice (from a 4 1/2-pound pineapple)

Fresh tropical fruit, such as dragon fruit and star fruit, for garnish

Directions

1. Puree mangoes, rum, and 1/2 cup water in a blender. Pour 2 ounces puree into each of six 12-ounce glasses. Fill glasses with ice, and top off with pineapple juice. Garnish with tropical fruit.

Edited by Orleanscruiser

I'm thinking that was an excellent question and the drink sounds SO yummy! I have been telling my husband about all these awesome drinks people have been posting in the boards and I can't wait to try them...I'm not a big drinker so he said he was going to make me wear my life jacket "just in case". ..

I'm thinking that was an excellent question and the drink sounds SO yummy! I have been telling my husband about all these awesome drinks people have been posting in the boards and I can't wait to try them...I'm not a big drinker so he said he was going to make me wear my life jacket "just in case". ..

Same here! not a big drinker but with the UBP we might just need to try many of these drinks and the life jacket is a GREAT idea;)