Crown and anchor upgrade?

I have just joined crown and anchor having just recently completed our first cruise with Royal Caribbean . We have 12 points which is gold status. My wife has received an email saying she has been upgraded to platinum which would be great but we still both show as gold on our separate but linked c&a accounts. Has anyone been upgraded in this way and if so surely we both would share the same status? I have emailed the c&a help desk to ask for clarification but wondered if anyone else out there has had the same experience. If it is not a mistake what would cause you to be upgraded - we booked another cruise for next year a week after coming back - don't know if this is a factor or not.

Thanks in advance .

That would be a first. Booking another cruise would have nothing to do with someone being "upgraded" to a new status. If you're still showing gold on your accounts that's likely remain the case and correctly so.

Edited by bouhunter

Mistake was what I thought but I can't help wishing!! Will see if they reply to my email. Fingers crossed!

I don't want to rain on your parade but I can't to be honest remember any particular benefit to being Platinum over Gold. It only really becomes worth anything when you are Diamond (60 nights of cruising).

Maybe there is a Platinum benefit that I never really noticed because it didn't interest me? But I doubt it. Its more stuff like "5% off when you spend $100 on photos" and that kind of thing. Don't hold your breath ;)

I don't want to rain on your parade but I can't to be honest remember any particular benefit to being Platinum over Gold. It only really becomes worth anything when you are Diamond (60 nights of cruising).

Maybe there is a Platinum benefit that I never really noticed because it didn't interest me? But I doubt it. Its more stuff like "5% off when you spend $100 on photos" and that kind of thing. Don't hold your breath ;)

The biggest platinum benefit is when the balcony discount kicks in.

I have just joined crown and anchor having just recently completed our first cruise with Royal Caribbean . We have 12 points which is gold status. My wife has received an email saying she has been upgraded to platinum which would be great but we still both show as gold on our separate but linked c&a accounts. Has anyone been upgraded in this way and if so surely we both would share the same status? I have emailed the c&a help desk to ask for clarification but wondered if anyone else out there has had the same experience. If it is not a mistake what would cause you to be upgraded - we booked another cruise for next year a week after coming back - don't know if this is a factor or not.

Thanks in advance .

Call and have them apply your balcony discount before they realize their error :)

The biggest platinum benefit is when the balcony discount kicks in.

I also like wearing the bathrobes onboard instead of packing mine. Also, check-in is in the same line as Emerald and Diamond. The Gold line is about the same length as first-time cruisers. Just made Platinum and enjoying these little perks.

I like my upgrade better......

2015-07-13%2018.23.23.jpg

If it's written on paper, it's true, right? Do you see the mistake?

Gwen :)

Congrats on being upgraded to Pinnacle Club.

Also, Lisa Bauer has not worked for Royal for several years and Adam has moved on up. I wonder how many of these antiquated pre-signed cards they still have and why they won't legitimize their congratulations. We have gotten a few last and this year with Adam's and Lisa's signatures. It's about time they got Michael Bayley and Vicki Freed to sign these, even if by printing press or copy machine.

Edited by Tagsalong

I also like wearing the bathrobes onboard instead of packing mine. Also, check-in is in the same line as Emerald and Diamond. The Gold line is about the same length as first-time cruisers. Just made Platinum and enjoying these little perks.

Ah yes, fair enough, I'd forgotten about those things. Probably just feeling a little grumpy about Royal Caribbean's loyalty program at the moment because its not nearly as good as Celebrity's. I wish they'd do free laundry and internet

Diamond level is 80 points and not 60. Doing our first cruise in Nov as Diamond on Explorer. Looking forward to the 3 free drinks per night.

Diamond level is 80 points and not 60. Doing our first cruise in Nov as Diamond on Explorer. Looking forward to the 3 free drinks per night.

If there is a Diamond Lounge, you can have more than 3 drinks in there during the cocktail hours. The 3 drinks are for the bars and lounges if you don't go to the Diamond Lounge. You can have a couple drinks in the Diamond club and as long as it is before the cutoff time, you can get your 3 drinks elsewhere too. There are some places where you cannot get your free drinks, MDR, Windjammer and specialty restaurants. Nice perk though.

Gwen :)