Segments on 2017 WC ??

petlover

I don't see information on this yet, but there will have to be. I doubt they could sell out the whole ship for an entire world cruise.

A couple of years ago, Silversea decided that they weren't going to offer segments for sail on the world cruise initially. It was divided into segments, but when my TA inquired about booking the one I wanted, she was told NO. Anyway, several months later, after we had gone ahead to schedule another trip in that park timewise, I got an email from Silversea saying that they were now booking segments. I did not change my plans to go with them though.

Based on how well the full WC was booking yesterday on the first day available to book, (of course a lot can happen in the next 17 months) maybe it will be all full WCers.

As of this morning H category shows waitlist.

G category, Navigator Suite, Grand Suite, Master Suite show Unavailable.

Deck six which is always popular has nothing available.

I guess time will tell.

That's strange Marcie,

When I look at cabin availability, G and H are wait-listed as are the 3 large suites - all the others are available - which based on the other information we've heard, makes no sense.

As you said, time will tell.

Peggy

The WC brochure arrived today and makes no mention of segments which I recall (?) were mentioned in previous WC brochures. Academic for us as we still can't get our head around being gone that long...would much rather do the world in pieces.

That's strange Marcie,

When I look at cabin availability, G and H are wait-listed as are the 3 large suites - all the others are available - which based on the other information we've heard, makes no sense.

As you said, time will tell.

Peggy

I went on and through a "fake" booking process just to see availability and that's what it said when it came time to choose my cabin. :) maybe it changes automatically ??

Last Monday, I was told by a Regent SSS rep that the hope was that they would fill the entire ship with WC'ers and not have to do segments. From what has been posted above and from other folks I've been in contact with, it looks like Regent is well on the way to having a full boat. But tine will tell and people's situations can change. Though we personally chose not to sign up, I hope the 2017 WC reintroduction works out well for Regent and that they again become an annual affair. Having been on two, they are a wonderful experience.

I'm amazed that the world cruise has sold so well, so quickly. I just did a deck-by-deck port and starboard search of unsold suites plus a search of unlisted Cat. D suites and came up with 38 unsold suites.

Just signed up for this WC. We wanted the Oceania 2017 WC and we're hoping it was like the 2016 one. Unfortunately, it was very different and disappointing. We are pleased with the Regent itinerary. I heard it is selling quickly.

I'm amazed that the world cruise has sold so well, so quickly. I just did a deck-by-deck port and starboard search of unsold suites plus a search of unlisted Cat. D suites and came up with 38 unsold suites.

Dave, it looks like now Cat A through Cat G are all available; maybe a lot of folks put cabins on hold whilst they decided whether to book. It would be interesting to see how many cabins you now find available.

Marc

Dave, it looks like now Cat A through Cat G are all available; maybe a lot of folks put cabins on hold whilst they decided whether to book. It would be interesting to see how many cabins you now find available.

Marc

Marc,

Now I get 72 suites available.

OK, I'll bite. I checked every available category (a-g) just now and added up the number of cabins I found - that came to 30.

What are you looking at that I am not?

Peggy

Peggy,

What I'm doing is a deck-by-deck, port and starboard search for each available category. What you're doing is a default search for each category. The website default search is an all level search of all suites in a category. It displays up to a maximum of six suites per category. You can also do an all levels search of just starboard or just port suites per category. That will allow you to see up to 12 available suites per category. Doing such a search, I come up with 52 available suites.

The extra 20 suites I found came from doing port and starboard searches on each deck. If you open up the drop down list that says "All levels," you can select a deck number. Then click on "REFRESH SUITES LIST" to see available port and starboard suites for that deck. You must click on "REFRESH SUITES LIST" each time you change deck numbers.

One thing to be aware of. If you want to check deck-by-deck for more than one category, you have to completely restart the search for each category by going to the main website page and selecting the cruise again. Otherwise, the deck numbers will not be accurate for the second and subsequent categories.

This sounds worse than it actually is. Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.