Mama Mia on Allure

Ive just got off the phone to RCCL, we are sailing on the 20th Sept on Allure the agent i spoke to confirmed that Mama Mia was being replaced with We Will Rock You. He did not give me exact dates but only confirmed that is was changing.

That is interesting seeing it is on the Anthem. Was looking forward to Abba but Queen is good too. So long as Chicago doesn't come back.

That is interesting seeing it is on the Anthem. Was looking forward to Abba but Queen is good too. So long as Chicago doesn't come back.

According to this link We Will Rock You is not on Anthem between 6th and 26 September so we can but hope http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtime_anthem.pdf

That doesn't make much sense to me. Is this a permanent switch, or just temporary? I'm on the Allure in February and was hoping for Mamma Mia.

I haven't kept up on this thread, but did I read that it is only one week that MM is not available for booking? Or is not available at all after that week?

That doesn't make much sense to me. Is this a permanent switch, or just temporary? I'm on the Allure in February and was hoping for Mamma Mia.

I haven't kept up on this thread, but did I read that it is only one week that MM is not available for booking? Or is not available at all after that week?

Just not available for that week. People have booked to see MM on multiple sailing dates after the week of 20th September

We are sailing on the Allure on Sept. 20th. Have been checking daily on Cruise Planner as to when we can book Mamma Mia and nothing appears. Called RCCL several times. They say they are having Mamma Mia. Last week they said they are having a computer glitch on their website and it should be fixed this week but still nothing. We are getting very frustrated. We sincerely hope they

have Mamma Mia on the Sept. 20th cruise.

Regarding the fact that the change from Chicago to Mamma Mia! on the Allure or from Hairspray to Cats on the Oasis needed a dry dock period to change all the settings on and behind the stage, remove the old scenery and bring in the new one plus they needed almost 2 more weeks until Cats started (and even more to have Mamma Mia! up and running) I doubt that they can bring on We Will Rock You for just one cruise!!!

It´s a different stage on the Allure and the cast would need about two weeks for rehearsals on the new stage. Plus they can´t bring in the scenery for just one cruise.

steamboats

Regarding the fact that the change from Chicago to Mamma Mia! on the Allure or from Hairspray to Cats on the Oasis needed a dry dock period to change all the settings on and behind the stage, remove the old scenery and bring in the new one plus they needed almost 2 more weeks until Cats started (and even more to have Mamma Mia! up and running) I doubt that they can bring on We Will Rock You for just one cruise!!!

It´s a different stage on the Allure and the cast would need about two weeks for rehearsals on the new stage. Plus they can´t bring in the scenery for just one cruise.

steamboats

Yes, they would never do this for one cruise. From the poster, I was worried that they were replacing Mamma Mia with We Will Rock You in the long run. I do love both but was especially looking forward to Mamma Mia next April. Found this strange since I though these were 5 year contracts. I'm hoping the RCCL representative just didn't know what they were talking about. Is that possible? ;)

Is that possible? ;)

No, definitely not!! They always know what they are talking about! :rolleyes:;)

Unfortunately I was on the May 24th cruise so we didn´t get Mamma Mia! I was looking forward to it. On the Quantum (pre inaugural) I only had a chance to see the first 30 min as I had other appointments. Back then I thought "no problem, you´re gonna see it on the Allure next year". Nope, I didn´t :(. I got "Tell Me on a Sunday"!!!

steamboats

To everyone booked on the Sept. 20th sailing of the Allure -- I called RCCL again today because Mamma Mia still did not appear on our Cruise Planner. Finally was transferred to someone who handles Cruise Planner who was able to book our reservation for Mamma Mia! On Day 1

Mamma Mia is at 7 pm, on Day 2 4:30 pm and on Day 3 8 pm. If Mamma Mia does not appear on your Cruise Planner call 800-398-9819 and press option 3. Good luck to everyone and have a great cruise!

Yes at last, just booked Mama Mia for day 3 for the September 20th sailing. It had appeared after receiving an email from RCI.

Yep and us on the same day at 8.00, see you there:)

Edited by tonkie

Yes at last, just booked Mama Mia for day 3 for the September 20th sailing. It had appeared after receiving an email from RCI.

Curious what the email said. i.e. did they give an explanation for why you couldn't book it previously?

So I assume it's safe to say that Mamma Mia is not being replaced by We Will Rock You in the near future as the RCL agent had told the one poster? It's scary when they give incorrect information. I mean, if they don't know, then why say anytthing at all? I know this is only a show, but same incorret info could occur for any other question about a cruise too.