Aug 24 4 night Enchantment cruise

You've got to think they've had this scheduled much further in advance. To wait until everyone has paid in full and not allow them to cancel is pretty shady to me!:mad:

Any fun things to do in Nassau? We've done CB resorts and wandered around Atlantis before. What else can you do (including for-fee activities short of renting a room) there?

Any fun things to do in Nassau? We've done CB resorts and wandered around Atlantis before. What else can you do (including for-fee activities short of renting a room) there?

Chocolate tour at Graycliff.:)

You've got to think they've had this scheduled much further in advance. To wait until everyone has paid in full and not allow them to cancel is pretty shady to me!:mad:

They knew. The maintenance being done is to install a scrubber system for the stacks emissions. No way this wasn't planned well in advance.

Chocolate tour at Graycliff.:)

Not much of a tour, and my wife loves chocolate. My wife found it to be a waste of time and money. :eek: I never thought I would ever hear those words from her mouth when it pertains to chocolate.

I'm having a hard enough time resisting booking a cruise that she insists needs to have a port stop in Belgium. She says it's on her bucket list. Translated, that means she wants to buy a boatload of Belgian chocolate!! :eek: :eek:

Don't forget the Daiquiri's :D

We will be going to the Daiquiri Shack at least once. For those that need directions, just take Bus 10 (corner of Bay and George Streets) and tell the driver you are going to the Daiquiri Shack. Cash required for the bus and booze.

Edited by Scotty G

By my research there are still at least 111 inside staterooms, 100 outside staterooms and 32 balcony staterooms still open for this sailing. I believe there will be a big price drop with in the next 3 weeks. Especially with the new itinerary announcement.

This will make for many happy "past final payment" cruisers. :confused:

Just my opinion.

We shall see.

By my research there are still at least 111 inside staterooms, 100 outside staterooms and 32 balcony staterooms still open for this sailing. I believe there will be a big price drop with in the next 3 weeks. Especially with the new itinerary announcement.

This will make for many happy "past final payment" cruisers. :confused:

Just my opinion.

We shall see.

They would have had a lot more staterooms available if they had notified us of the change prior to final payment.

Edited by cruisingsince94

I booked this trip for my husbands 40th birthday. We hate Nassau. I really did this one for cococay. I'm pretty disappointed right now. When were they going to notify us?

Us as well. We love the sea day and day at Coco Cay. I found out through CC. If not for that my guess is you might have found out onboard.

They knew. The maintenance being done is to install a scrubber system for the stacks emissions. No way this wasn't planned well in advance.

Doubt they can install a scrubber in 48 hours. They've been installing scrubbers on Freedom since drydovk and nowhere near finished

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Doubt they can install a scrubber in 48 hours. They've been installing scrubbers on Freedom since drydock and nowhere near finished

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The process had already started when we were on 2 weeks ago. From the CL we observed scaffolding around the front of the stacks behind the solarium with workers doing some initial task. Meant to take some pictures but didn't.

This portion on the 8/24 cruise requires them to shut off some power, take things off line and do manual connections that cannot occur unless tied up at the dock. I speculate perhaps even lifting equipment with a crane from the pier.

Edited by Scotty G

I booked this trip for my husbands 40th birthday. We hate Nassau. I really did this one for cococay. I'm pretty disappointed right now. When were they going to notify us?

August 30 at the latest.

I'm so sorry for all of you that are affected by this.:( I know they "can" (by contract) make changes to the itinerary, but in my opinion this is WAY beyond the spirit of the contract, even if it's allowable. Hopefully they will come to their senses and allow cancellations without penalty or offer a substantial financial incentive to stay with your bookings. In my opinion, to announce this right after final payment is deceitful and would honestly make me reconsider doing business with RCI in the future.:mad:

Yes! Take a Tru Bahamian Food Tour. We did this in March and had a blast!

http://trubahamianfoodtours.com/

Lightroom-0653W2-L.jpg

Lightroom-0691W-L.jpg

Lightroom-0727W-L.jpg

IMG_0708W-L.jpg

I'm so sorry for all of you that are affected by this.:( I know they "can" (by contract) make changes to the itinerary, but in my opinion this is WAY beyond the spirit of the contract, even if it's allowable. Hopefully they will come to their senses and allow cancellations without penalty or offer a substantial financial incentive to stay with your bookings. In my opinion, to announce this right after final payment is deceitful and would honestly make me reconsider doing business with RCI in the future.:mad:

You could probably fight this in court and win. However, the cost of the lawyer would be much more than the cost of the cruise. Cruise lines know this and take advantage of that fact.

You could probably fight this in court and win. However, the cost of the lawyer would be much more than the cost of the cruise. Cruise lines know this and take advantage of that fact.

Look at par. 6 of cruise ticket contract. I plan to raise this onboard, especially if our room faces construction or another ship for three says. I still haven't gotten a notice yet.

Look at par. 6 of cruise ticket contract. I plan to raise this onboard, especially if our room faces construction or another ship for three says. I still haven't gotten a notice yet.

You may want to read it again.

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:

a) Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.

b) In connection with a CruiseTour, Carrier has the same right to cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled activity, departure or destination, or substitute another railcar, bus, destination or lodging or other component of the CruiseTour. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim by Passenger whatsoever, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.

c) By way of example, and not limitation, Carrier may, without liability, (except as provided in Section 6(e) with respect to mechanical failures only), deviate from any scheduled sailing and may otherwise land Passenger and her property at any port if Carrier believes that the voyage or any Passenger or property may be hindered or adversely affected as a result of hostilities, blockages, prevailing weather conditions, labor conflicts, strikes onboard or ashore, breakdown of Vessel, congestion, docking difficulties, medical or life saving emergencies or any other cause whatsoever.

d) Carrier shall have the right to comply with any orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any governmental entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement entitling the Passenger to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund.

e) In the event that a Cruise (or the cruise component of a CruiseTour) is canceled or terminated early due to mechanical failures:

i) Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise is canceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;

ii) Carrier may cover or reimburse Passenger for additional costs (e.g. airline change fees) as deemed appropriate by the Carrier .

iii) If the passenger has travelled to the Vessel Passenger shall have a right to transportation (by means selected by the Carrier to the Vessel?s scheduled port of disembarkation or the Passenger?s home city; and

iv) Passenger shall have a right to lodging (selected by the Cruise Line) if disembarkation and an overnight stay in an unscheduled port are required due to the Cruise or cruise component of a CruiseTour being cancelled or terminated early because of such mechanical failures.

You may want to read it again.

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:

a) Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.

b) In connection with a CruiseTour, Carrier has the same right to cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled activity, departure or destination, or substitute another railcar, bus, destination or lodging or other component of the CruiseTour. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim by Passenger whatsoever, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.

c) By way of example, and not limitation, Carrier may, without liability, (except as provided in Section 6(e) with respect to mechanical failures only), deviate from any scheduled sailing and may otherwise land Passenger and her property at any port if Carrier believes that the voyage or any Passenger or property may be hindered or adversely affected as a result of hostilities, blockages, prevailing weather conditions, labor conflicts, strikes onboard or ashore, breakdown of Vessel, congestion, docking difficulties, medical or life saving emergencies or any other cause whatsoever.

d) Carrier shall have the right to comply with any orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any governmental entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement entitling the Passenger to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund.

e) In the event that a Cruise (or the cruise component of a CruiseTour) is canceled or terminated early due to mechanical failures:

i) Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise is canceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;

ii) Carrier may cover or reimburse Passenger for additional costs (e.g. airline change fees) as deemed appropriate by the Carrier .

iii) If the passenger has travelled to the Vessel Passenger shall have a right to transportation (by means selected by the Carrier to the Vessel?s scheduled port of disembarkation or the Passenger?s home city; and

iv) Passenger shall have a right to lodging (selected by the Cruise Line) if disembarkation and an overnight stay in an unscheduled port are required due to the Cruise or cruise component of a CruiseTour being cancelled or terminated early because of such mechanical failures.

Sorry--I meant that they can do this, which is why I plan to just raise it onboard and appeal to their customer service sensitivities, rather than get into a fight about the contract.

Sorry--I meant that they can do this, which is why I plan to just raise it onboard and appeal to their customer service sensitivities, rather than get into a fight about the contract.

So technically we could never leave Port Canaveral and we have not recourse?

Point here being RCI, more than likely, knew about this maintenance well before final payment due date. But for financial reasons waited till after final payment date had passed to announce this change.

This itinerary change was NOT beyond RCI's control.

Does RCI really care about their passengers having a great time?

Or just the bottom line?

Right...sorry dumb question.:(

So, why do you think the the staff on board had anything to do with the timing of this and can offer you some resolution? This was totally out of their control as well as ours. May I suggest that you take your concerns to the front office in Miami before the cruise.

We plan on having a great time since we will be on a fantastic ship with a super crew!

So, why do you think the the staff on board had anything to do with the timing of this and can offer you some resolution? This was totally out of their control as well as ours. May I suggest that you take your concerns to the front office in Miami before the cruise.

We plan on having a great time since we will be on a fantastic ship with a super crew!

Perfectly stated.