New info for AFT GS on Oasis and Allure

I had one saved and changed to a reg GS after looking at the pictures i did not like the setup of the room at all it did look small and awkward and i didnt even know about the shower at that time.The only plus to that suite is the balcony.

Agreed. The balcony was large not sure of the purpose of such a large, narrow balcony, my wife was getting her morning walk in on the balcony so I guess that was a plus.

ImageUploadedByForums1437069817.247416.jpg.1a26f597c026c2f812a0cca8b757b88d.jpg

Here are pics of the bath in 11330. I am around 6'1''. People will say it's because I'm wearing the hat that the doorway and shower look low. When I wear a hat they are fitted so there might be a 1/4 inch difference here.

ImageUploadedByForums1437069807.742439.jpg.5bb493b701b27020c54a806a9f1f01be.jpg

Edited by CaribSailor

The TA just left a message for me. Royal told them they would move me to deck 6 GS, the only available GS left or get put on a waitlist. The other 5 rooms in my party are on deck 11, so it looks like I won't be able to change for this cruise.

Royal Caribbean Design Group

hqdefault.jpg

I think the ship builder got the plans mixed up with a Disney ship that was due for drydrock...with such low ceilings, small showers if you catch my drift. I mean you would think that given the dream works themes RCI has there would be enough room for shrek in the showers and the balcony would be big enough to land a dragon. SMH. What were they thinking.

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know of a new notification for the aft GS on the Oasis and Allure. While talking to a reservation agent today, they informed me that there is a new warning on those suites. Because duct work could not be moved, those suites are not appropriate for people over 5'9" tall. He said that it had to do with the shower/bathroom. I was specifically asking him about the Allure, but when I asked about the Oasis, he said the warning was for both ships.

Hope this helps!

My parents and I have 11330 booked for Feb, 2016 on the Allure. I picked it for the balcony. They don't see all that well but like to sit on cruise ship balconies and listen to books on tape and drink. Having the bonus of the big screens, the aqua theatre and the rock climbers should give them something to kind of see and enjoy. We are all 5' 9" and under and have shared closer quarters than this. I think it will be grand for us, but maybe not for everyone.

The TA just left a message for me. Royal told them they would move me to deck 6 GS, the only available GS left or get put on a waitlist. The other 5 rooms in my party are on deck 11, so it looks like I won't be able to change for this cruise.

GS deck 6 is great location walk right out to the Boardwalk.

Edited by mark22mac

GS deck 6 is great location walk right out to the Boardwalk.

True, but the rest of our group is on 11 which has a room with my kids in it. Oasis is hard enough to communicate, so we were having white boards with where we were. Going down to 6 complicates the system. I am on a waitlist for 10-14 decks.

[ATTACH]356149[/ATTACH][ATTACH]356150[/ATTACH]

Here are pics of the bath in 11330. I am around 6'1''. People will say it's because I'm wearing the hat that the doorway and shower look low. When I wear a hat they are fitted so there might be a 1/4 inch difference here.

thanks for posting

I have one of the new GS booked on Allure OTS and keep going back and forth to keep it or change it. The info and pictures provided here are very valuable information and thank you to all that shared.

I have seen pictures and videos of the Oasis new GS cabins but have yet to see any of Allure new GS cabins on decks 11, 12 or 14. I asume they are the same as Oasis or did they make any adjustments from lessons learned from Oasis dry dock????

These cabins are not worth the cost in my opinion. Would take a regular GS or OS over these any day. Would probably even take a JS over these as well room wise. Simply they are really awkward. Sure the overly large and narrow balcony was interesting for a day or 2 but after that we asked ourselves what the point was. Poor design period.

Edited by CaribSailor

I have one of the new GS booked on Allure OTS and keep going back and forth to keep it or change it. The info and pictures provided here are very valuable information and thank you to all that shared.

I have seen pictures and videos of the Oasis new GS cabins but have yet to see any of Allure new GS cabins on decks 11, 12 or 14. I asume they are the same as Oasis or did they make any adjustments from lessons learned from Oasis dry dock????

We had a friend on allure, they are identical, including ceiling height.

We had a friend on allure, they are identical, including ceiling height.

Thanks for the quick feedback on the Allure ones. Also thanks for your picture illustrations above at doorway to bathroom and in tub/shower (best examples for tall people). At 6' 5" I will have similar problems. :)

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Thanks for the quick feedback on the Allure ones. Also thanks for your picture illustrations above at doorway to bathroom and in tub/shower (best examples for tall people). At 6' 5" I will have similar problems. :)

No problem [emoji6]. Hope the information was helpful.

I just called RCI since I have 11730 booked April 2016....resolutions Dept said lower ceiling heights were just on Oasis aft GS...not Allure's. Said they fixed this problem during Allure's dry dock installation, but I'm not too sure. Regardless they didn't offer anything regarding change/upgrade since no other GS are available that sailing. I'm 6'4" so worried I'm gonna have bad surprise now boarding Allure....thinking I should keep looking for another GS to pop up to move to....don't trust resolutions dept that this issue was fixed!!!

These cabins are not worth the cost in my opinion. Would take a regular GS or OS over these any day. Would probably even take a JS over these as well room wise. Simply they are really awkward. Sure the overly large and narrow balcony was interesting for a day or 2 but after that we asked ourselves what the point was. Poor design period.

Anyone on the tall end of the spectrum will definitely have a problem with the bathroom in these cabins. However, I felt the cabin was well worth the cost for my daughter and I. I loved having the separate living area and my daughter enjoyed having her own bed (pull-out) and television at night... away from me ;). I also enjoyed the balcony immensely. We watched all of the AquaTheater stuff from the balcony. It was so convenient! I much prefer the two-room set-up over the one large room, but 11330 and 11730 are the largest, so not sure how tight they get as you go up.

I have never stayed in a traditional GS, but have stayed in an OS and a JS, and definitely would pick it over a JS. We have the same cabin 11330 booked on Allure next Spring.

Just wanted to give a differing opinion in case someone who isn't over 5'11" is considering this cabin.

Edited by klove613

I just called RCI since I have 11730 booked April 2016....resolutions Dept said lower ceiling heights were just on Oasis aft GS...not Allure's. Said they fixed this problem during Allure's dry dock installation, but I'm not too sure. Regardless they didn't offer anything regarding change/upgrade since no other GS are available that sailing. I'm 6'4" so worried I'm gonna have bad surprise now boarding Allure....thinking I should keep looking for another GS to pop up to move to....don't trust resolutions dept that this issue was fixed!!!

Call this number 1-800-256-6649. It is Corporate Guest Relations. I called them and said that I booked 11330 last year and I had just read that these Aft GS now had a height restriction.

She said, yes we just got a memo about it, let me pull it up. She read the memo and said yes and that I needed to have my TA call them to see if we could switch to another room or other options. There were no other GS available.

I called my TA and they said they would put me on a waitlist. This was after "normal business hours". There were only ATS, Loft, RFS left. After a few days, I called my TA back and said can we try again during "normal business hours". I was on hold for a while and the ta came back an said that revenue had the booking and were price protecting it and they were upgrading me to an L1. I asked about the open Aqua theater suites on 8,9, and 10 since that is why we booked the GS in the first place and was told they couldn't be booked for 2 people.

It was a hard decision to give up that room with the huge balcony and views, but in the end my husband surely would have hit his head coming in and out of the shower and bathroom.

I saw it populate in the inventory and it disappeared after about 15 minutes. Hopefully, to shorter people.lol

I will say the Royal Caribbean in this instance made the best of the situation and I thank those who made it happen.

Edited by irishgal432

Thanks for the info, I have 11730 on allure booked later this year. I would not worry, if they said its fixed it should be. It is interesting that the same cabin is different between oasis/allure. The bathtubs in js's have always had a low ceiling.

We went into these cabins during a B2B turn around. I'm 6'5" and to me, the ceiling in the shower is very low and doors to the bed room and bathroom are very small. The balcony on the deck 14 suite is absolutely ridiculous. It is so narrow that a chair barely fits and at one point the balcony stops half way around the room (not contiguous). The SF listed on the web site for the balcony makes it seem huge, but it is because of the length of the balcony. I may be wrong on my estimate here but I believe the width of the deck 14 suite balconys is only about 3 feet or so. We had the same problem in the master bedroom shower in the deck 8 Aqua Theater suite on Allure.

We would much rather be in a standard GS or JS.

[ATTACH]356149[/ATTACH][ATTACH]356150[/ATTACH]

Here are pics of the bath in 11330. I am around 6'1''. People will say it's because I'm wearing the hat that the doorway and shower look low. When I wear a hat they are fitted so there might be a 1/4 inch difference here.[/quote

I did sail away from 12730 in May. Cabin seemed fine to me. I am 6-1 and I always make a point of looking in the mirrors while on the elevator. 95% of the time I am the tallest passenger. You tall guys are a very vocal minority.