10 story Water slide on Harmony.

Yes. That's another good point. Water slides usually clustered together on a ship.

New question: I know the slide is called Ultimate Abyss "cool" slide, but how hot will a dry slide get, especially in Caribbean? Will making it out of Titanium help? ;)

Titanium is known for having low thermal conductivity, but it still has the capability of getting very hot (it just takes a little longer). It also is very expensive.

Maybe they've come up with a way to keep the slides cool? An enclosed slide it will essentially act as a chimney to draw hot air from the Boardwalk up to the top. So the Abyss is going to be pretty sweltering up top. So maybe there will be some sort of air circulation system built into it to help keep the whole thing cool.

Personally I'm excited for the shortcut from the Wipeout Bar down to the Sabor Bar. :-)

Edited by tahqa

Personally I'm excited for the shortcut from the Wipeout Bar down to the Sabor Bar. :-)

I had already considered the 'genius' in their planning. This moves passengers quickly to a revenue zone with JRs, Sabor, Strarbucks and the Arcade.

They can load promotional 'limited time offers' onto your Wow Band on the way down the slide.

Same here. I don't get it, but....obviously some people love that. I like water slides, but not on a ship. I like to feel that I am sailing, not at a waterpark. Just me though...

You might consider Windstar or the other Clipper line.

• 4 months later...

Just a thought... if it would happen to be a waterslide coming from the Lido/sports deck, people would get off the slide WET, have to walk through the Boardwalk WET, and up the elevators WET to get back up to their towels/chairs.

Just a thought. But the concept looks like it could be fun:D

Just a thought... if it would happen to be a waterslide coming from the Lido/sports deck, people would get off the slide WET, have to walk through the Boardwalk WET, and up the elevators WET to get back up to their towels/chairs.

Just a thought. But the concept looks like it could be fun:D

It's already been confirmed that it is not a waterslide but a dry slide

Nick Weir tweeted this photo today hinting at a secret feature of the Harmony of the Seas' AquaTheater. We get a bit of a glimpse of Abyss rendering.

e8bd21d08fcedbc71e6b52f4d1560a1e.jpg

That yellow line looks like a type of zipline two performers have been using in Aqua Theater shows to perform above the audience usually at the start of the show.I can't imagine what additional ideas the planners have in mind for that line.

I can't wait until Dec 2016 to find out and to try the dry slide...if I can get up my courage.

That yellow line looks like a type of zipline two performers have been using in Aqua Theater shows to perform above the audience usually at the start of the show.I can't imagine what additional ideas the planners have in mind for that line.

I can't wait until Dec 2016 to find out and to try the dry slide...if I can get up my courage.

Nick Weir said in an interview that they want to find a different way to make the performers fly. They may attempt 3D rigging.

And yet some of us STILL enjoy cruising without all of those. To me, those are land-based resort things I could do anywhere. I can only cruise on a ship, so that is my focus with cruising - a ship where I know I'm on a ship.

When we travel without the kids we prefer the ships without all of these options however when traveling with our children the ships that have the most to keep them busy are the ones we choose. They aren't into water slides any longer so that wouldn't interest us but I can see where it would be a great option for families that do prefer to have the slides