Promise I am not trying to sound like a spoiled jerk...Oasis, cabana suite holder

Can anyone confirm whether Nellie's reservations can no longer use he upgraded buffet? Thanks.

DrB

It changed a while ago, I can't remember when but maybe a year or more. There was a big thread here when it happened.

I'm probably also spoiled....but I am in a suite for August 2016 and was told to call in January to reserve cabana. Getting a cabana is one of the reason I booked a suite and if I can't be assured I'll get one I might cancel altogether. But what you are saying is I won't know until after final payment date. Not happy.

How do they stop non suite guests swimming at Barefoot Beach? Is there an electric fence with guard dogs patrolling it?! [emoji33][emoji44]

I suppose someone could swim up to Barefoot from another beach, but the shoreside approach is fenced off.

I suppose someone could swim up to Barefoot from another beach, but the shoreside approach is fenced off.

Thanks, know I was being a bit smart but haven't been there and wasn't sure If it was fenced off or just loosely monitored. Sounds like a nice spot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm probably also spoiled....but I am in a suite for August 2016 and was told to call in January to reserve cabana. Getting a cabana is one of the reason I booked a suite and if I can't be assured I'll get one I might cancel altogether. But what you are saying is I won't know until after final payment date. Not happy.

LOL now that does sound spoilt! There obviously is not enough cabanas for every suite guest so there is no way that can be a guaranteed pre-requisite to your booking, or overall holiday enjoyment.

But good luck, I'm sure you will have success in getting one!

Edited by QE2_Fan

LOL now that does sound spoilt! There obviously is not enough cabanas for every suite guest so there is no way that can be a guaranteed pre-requisite to your booking, or overall holiday enjoyment.

But good luck, I'm sure you will have success in getting one!

Then they shouldn't tell people this as fact! As a new RCCL cruiser, I booked a suite and have been told now more than once that a cabana is reserved for all suite guests and that we need to wait until we board to reserve it. I am with this poster, it is part of the reason I booked a suite and paid a lot of extra money for that as part of my services. My cruise is in October and I was told to wait. If I don't get one, I am going to be upset too! Call it spoiled if you wish and it has nothing to do with assuming there what's available it's going with what we have been told by RCCL. Now I'm worried too....

It changed a while ago, I can't remember when but maybe a year or more. There was a big thread here when it happened.

But the RCCL site still advertises it as such with Nellies cabanas. And I tried to reserve for my October cruise and all cabanas say onboard booking only. It has been like that since our shore excursions opened.

Then they shouldn't tell people this as fact! As a new RCCL cruiser, I booked a suite and have been told now more than once that a cabana is reserved for all suite guests and that we need to wait until we board to reserve it. I am with this poster, it is part of the reason I booked a suite and paid a lot of extra money for that as part of my services. My cruise is in October and I was told to wait. If I don't get one, I am going to be upset too! Call it spoiled if you wish and it has nothing to do with assuming there what's available it's going with what we have been told by RCCL. Now I'm worried too....

I think they mean all suite guests have access to hiring the cabanas, not that there is one available for everyone. Indeed there is only 20 of them and the RCI sites states they are booked on a first come, first served basis (although per OP's post this seems debatable.).

I was interested to learn more about these myself and found this on Royals site, they do indeed look lovely but I would never be paying for a suite just to score one of these! But good luck, hope it all works out for you!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/CruisingPower/Training/Hub/Labadee_Private_Cabanas.pdf

Edited by QE2_Fan

...I was interested to learn more about these myself and found this on Royals site, they do indeed look lovely but I would never be paying for a suite just to score one of these! But good luck, hope it all works out for you!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/CruisingPower/Training/Hub/Labadee_Private_Cabanas.pdf

The descriptions in this document are still good, but the prices have been raised. They start at $175 and go to $250 now.

I don't know who is telling you this stuff but somebody is totally misinformed.

There are almost 90 full suites on oasis, 4 times the # of cabañas. Also this does not count other suites from another ship that may be docked along with you. Its first come first serve, period. You can get upset all you want, will not do any good, there are only so many cabañas.

The link in #35 directly from rci's website is correct and clearly explains the process

Edited by setsail

I think you've generally got the right attitude about it. You know what you want, followed the "procedure" as best you knew how to, and are looking for advice on how to better your chances. I wouldn't call that spoiled.... but I've never bought into the fallacy of relative privation or so-called "1st world problems" :D

Another poster alluded to this, and you may have already considered it, but I would strongly advise you to think about a more active itinerary for the day than a cabana rental. I would think many 16 yo boys would rather spend the day doing something like the Aqua Park first thing, then do a jet skiing and/or zip-lining excursion.

There's a lot to do at Labadee that would have really appealed to me when I was 16, more so than chilling in a cabana all day. Of course everyone is different, so it nay not be true in your situation, just something to keep in mind.

I am traveling on Oasis and since we will be at Haiti on the suite holder beach I wanted a cabana. I have left various requests for weeks and emailed the concierge for help. They told me they do not normally start booking the cabana's before 2 weeks to sailing and I am 16 days away.

This morning they returned my email :D....but all the cabana's are gone :mad: How is it that I have been so on top of this and yet they are all booked when you can ONLY book a suite cabana with the concierge??

I was actually told you can only book directly with the concierge when on board the ship but thanks to ALL of you, I realized there was hope in emailing directly.

So yes, I am grateful to have a suite and I don't want to sound spoiled but a cabana was the only thing we wanted in Haiti to celebrate my son's birthday. I am bummed and also confused how did other's grab them up?

Thanks

Maggie:)

I would be surprised also. I'm sometime confused with RCL. As an example, when I booked the Quantum sail this Feb. I had such a frustrating time with restaurant reservation time, even though it was some 7-8 months prior to sail, and all of the early dining times were gone. I could not understand as the dining planner was not supposed to be opened until 6 months prior to sail.

As I did not want the hassle when on board, I contacted C&A and explained of the situation as my better half has diabetes and needs the early times. After some 2 weeks of communication we received 6:15 pm time--from that point on we simply enjoyed the cruise other than a hiccup with our entertainment reserves that magically disappeared from our cruise planner some 2 weeks prior to sail. Did a lot of scrambling.

Ps. Try calling C&A desk, they are quite helpful. If possible I would have given the C&A rep a WOW card.

I'm 65 years old and having a cabana was what I took into consideration when I booked the suite. Younger people book excursions as soon as the can so why can't I be given the option to have booked what I want early? I took into consideration what I could do on the ship and what I could do off...being told when I booked to call early and I would get one.

IIRC it changed back in 2013. We had reserved a cabana and had to fight to keep the BB buffet, not that it was that big of a deal. At the entrance to BB they had everyone's name who had reserved before the policy change and we were grandfathered into the upgraded buffet.

Now, only Gold card/Pinnacle cruisers are eligible; however, my guess is that if, for whatever reason, the BB cabanas were not sold out and offered to the hoi polloi, those cruisers would be eligible for the upgraded BB buffet.

If you can't get one prior to boarding be sure to be one of the first to board the ship and make that your priority. Not everyone can get a cabana and some may not be happy.

We were able to get an overwater cabana at nellie's beach on our oasis cruise last month. Booked it online over a year before. Now you can only get nellie's cabanas on the ship thru excursion desk, first come. Good news is they added upgraded buffet at BB to our cabanas, even says it on website. They gave us gold wristbands to get thru BB gate. I think only the overwater cabanas had this, not regular beach cabanas at Nellies.

I'm 65 years old and having a cabana was what I took into consideration when I booked the suite. Younger people book excursions as soon as the can so why can't I be given the option to have booked what I want early? I took into consideration what I could do on the ship and what I could do off...being told when I booked to call early and I would get one.

The procedure is very simple. 1 - 2 weeks prior to your sailing you may receive an email from the Concierge along with all of the other suites. It'll be a form letter explaining what he can do for you. That is the time to request your cabana. There simply are not enough cabanas for the amount of suites onboard. No one can guarantee that you will receive one.

We were able to get an overwater cabana at nellie's beach on our oasis cruise last month. Booked it online over a year before. Now you can only get nellie's cabanas on the ship thru excursion desk, first come. Good news is they added upgraded buffet at BB to our cabanas, even says it on website. They gave us gold wristbands to get thru BB gate. I think only the overwater cabanas had this, not regular beach cabanas at Nellies.

I'm looking at my cruise planner right now for sept 27 and I can purchase a cabana at nellies. The price went up from last week though it is now $250 and $320 for over the water and it says nothing about upgraded buffet.

I'm looking at my cruise planner right now for sept 27 and I can purchase a cabana at nellies. The price went up from last week though it is now $250 and $320 for over the water and it says nothing about upgraded buffet.

Well, that's one way to make more cabanas available.

I'm on the same cruise, when I look at the over water cabana online, the overview says this

The upscale sea- view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie's beach with private water access are a great place to relax in seclusion, while remaining among the action at Nellie's Beach. The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort- style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Your rental includes two floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels and the great service of a personal cabana attendant.

HOWEVER, further down under Important Notes, it says this

Complimentary buffet lunch available at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café or Café Labadee.

Rental of the Nellies Beach Cabana does not include access to the Barefoot Beach Cabana Club.

So once again RCI is being consistent about being inconsistent!! :confused:

I'm on the same cruise, when I look at the over water cabana online, the overview says this

The upscale sea- view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie's beach with private water access are a great place to relax in seclusion, while remaining among the action at Nellie's Beach. The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort- style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Your rental includes two floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels and the great service of a personal cabana attendant.

HOWEVER, further down under Important Notes, it says this

Complimentary buffet lunch available at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café or Café Labadee.

Rental of the Nellies Beach Cabana does not include access to the Barefoot Beach Cabana Club.

So once again RCI is being consistent about being inconsistent!! :confused:

Is the pricing the same on your planner 320 and 250?

Honestly what do i think? I don't want to be mean but:-

Your son is 16 and going on Oasis is that not enough of a birthday treat?

He has the rest of his life to possibly go in a cabana and by the sounds of it you still might be able to get one.

Just relax and think about the 16 year olds in the world who would like clean water to drink for their birthday.

Well, that's one way to make more cabanas available.

Hasn't made them less desirable aon Disney. If anything the price increase has made them MORE desirable - it's all about being soooooo exclusive and away from the unwashed masses of apparent 21st century steerage.

Honestly, some of the threads about them make me want to send everyone a copy of Dr. Seuss' "The Sneetches". :)