Carnival Corp Dividend Increase

paul929207

My grandfather taught me 50 years ago to invest in what you use. From our profile you can tell we use the product and have invested in the corporation. I treat the Shareholder Benefit as a non-taxable dividend and now I look forward to the taxable dividend increase.

Good advice and I see it working well for you.:D

Well it's certainly been a good investment over the years however the lowest price I can find in 2013 was $31.81 on 10/10/13 today's close was $52.33...nice but it has not doubled in value.

I purchased my 100 shares soon after subscribing to Cruise Critic and discovering all about the CCL share holding benefits. I paid USD$34.80 but as I reside in Australia and with the appreciation of the USD$ v's the AUD$, my shares are now worth AUD$69.80 each. The OBC is the main reason I purchased them, but the capital gain has been great.

I purchased my 100 shares soon after subscribing to Cruise Critic and discovering all about the CCL share holding benefits. I paid USD$34.80 but as I reside in Australia and with the appreciation of the USD$ v's the AUD$, my shares are now worth AUD$69.80 each. The OBC is the main reason I purchased them, but the capital gain has been great.

Yes, it has been one of the few benefits of our falling dollar for us travelers.:D

I am afraid to look at what the value is in CAD.:eek: What I do know is that its going to be a very expensive winter in AZ.:eek:

Unless it is a Roth IRA where the increase in stock value (if sold) and dividends will never be taxed, it is better to own the stock in a non-IRA account.

Sooner or later for a regular IRA the assets have to be withdrawn and will be taxed at full normal tax rates. No reduced capital gains rate. No lower dividend tax rate.

It's in a Roth.