Flying to Miami from NY

bigmama9224

Hey, anyone with info greatly appreciated. I flew for the first time this year in over 27 years from NY to FLL. I will hopefully be flying again this time to MIA. I just noticed that Jet Blue does not go to MIA from NY. Can anyone tell me which other airlines are good, I had a great flight in Jet blue. This question might seem funny to some but to me it is very serious very afraid of flying.

Define what you mean by "good". Jet Blue is certainly one of the better domestic airlines, but there is not a lot of difference between all of the airlines for a 3 hour, plus or minus, domestic flight.

Remember, you have 3 large airports within the general NYC area. Is there one you are focused on, or can you get to any or all pretty easily?

I live in JFK and fly to/through MIA several times per year. I always take AA. In F they have used international 757s, they're now putting intl 767s on the routing too. One of my upcoming flights is showing their newly refurbished flat bed seats.

As others have said I would clarify what you mean by good.

If your cruise is leaving out of Miami certainly using Miami would be my preference followed by Fort Lauderdale. While Palm Beach International Airport is always an option I do not recommend it due to the long drive to Miami.

One thing I want to mention is do not fly in the day of the cruise. There is too much risk that something will go wrong whether that is a flight cancellation or delay that could result in your missing the cruise. Also, if you disembark in Miami do not book a flight out of Miami or for that matter Fort Lauderdale anytime before Noon the day of disembarkation.

Keith

If safety is your number one concern (can't tell, but the fact that you're very afraid of flying means I assume it's high up on your list of concerns), rest assured that all of the airlines in the US are pretty much the same.

I am focused on JFK or LGA, leaving out of Miami port. Will fly 2 days before cruise and I day after cruise. If I fly into FLL like I did this year how far is Miami port and about how much for 5 people. I have to leave to Miami on day of cruise cause my daughter will probably get in the night before. I have read about this share shuttles, but I do not like that cause it is a set time and I like to be early at port. So if I stay at FLL do I take a cab or a private van. Thanks all for all your help.

I am focused on JFK or LGA, leaving out of Miami port. Will fly 2 days before cruise and I day after cruise. If I fly into FLL like I did this year how far is Miami port and about how much for 5 people. I have to leave to Miami on day of cruise cause my daughter will probably get in the night before. I have read about this share shuttles, but I do not like that cause it is a set time and I like to be early at port. So if I stay at FLL do I take a cab or a private van. Thanks all for all your help.

If you do some reading on the Florida Departures board, you will find it is 40-45 minutes from FLL-Miami, and shuttles run $15-20pp. A cab is $85 prior to tip, so shuttle and cab are about the same.

I am focused on JFK or LGA, leaving out of Miami port. Will fly 2 days before cruise and I day after cruise.

Based on one of your previous posts, I assume this is for the 9-day Splendor sailing on May 26? Looking at flights for 2 days prior (May 24), I see AA has nonstops all day long from LGA to MIA for $104 one way. There are 11 flights to choose from. I would pick the one that best suits your schedule and book that leg right away. Seems like a great price.

For your return date of June 5, most AA flights are currently $219 one way, but there are a few Delta flights from FLL to LGA for $164. You might want to keep your eye on that date for a little while and see if something better comes along. In any case, it will most likely cost more than you flight down, since June 5 is a Sunday.