Really LIVE!!! Oasis July 18,2015. Western Caribbean.Join Me!

On Embarkation Day we like to eat  

155 members have voted

1. 1. On Embarkation Day we like to eat

• in the Windjammer.
    • any where but the Windjammer.

So Excited! Cruise Time!!!First sighting at cruise pier Oasis of the Seas #1

First sighting at the cruise pier of the Beautiful Oasis of the Seas. Ride with us in the shuttle to the pier. We can hardly contain our excitement!

As I mentioned above the shuttle service to the pier was included in our hotel rate.

[YOUTUBE]VOQolJuIFqU[/YOUTUBE]

Don't forget about my disclaimer: Sorry it is not full screen...I did not have a chance to look at any of the videos while cruising (having too much FUN!! LOL) and once I got home and checked them out I realized I should have recorded them Landscape.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Wow lots of clicks yesterday but no posts...not sure how to take that...Did you enjoy the videos...I came in today to post the 2nd part of "The First Sighting"..but not sure if I am on the right track or you all are bored or what....you all want me to continue? :confused: :o

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

i just found your thread! Please continue posting as I am living vicariously through your posts!

Thank you, beachdiamonds. I've been out of commission last couple of days but stay tuned. I will post more very soon. I'm glad you found me. If you are getting something out of it I will continue.

Oasis Docked in Different Ports

I love, love, love looking at these shots!!!

Bumping it up

ry%3D400

This might be familiar to some on this thread

ry%3D400

Beauty and the Beast. You decide

ry%3D400

Oasis from Barefoot Beach, Labadee

ry%3D400

Enchantment, Majesty, Oasis Nassau, Bahamas

ry%3D400

Nice Aft Majesty, Oasis

I didn't use the internet cafe this time because the WiFi is so good all over the ship that I used my own devices....sometime I used my android tablet that I got from AT&T for ninety-nine cents and sometimes I used my iphone...

with the internet package I had, I just had to sign out of one device before signing onto the other...

if you need to sign into two devices at the same time you can get the 2 device package for a little extra..

these are a few pics form my June 2014 Oasis cruise...it looks the same...

Decks 7,9 and 14

14364514890_78c8b1fb9f_b.jpg

14571378083_d4e9d937ff_h.jpg

14528188086_d413a9b287_h.jpg

14551268725_0827849ecf_h.jpg

14528187846_30510b29b2_h.jpg

14528187656_6f2cefccf3_h.jpg

I didn't use the internet cafe this time because the WiFi is so good all over the ship that I used my own devices....sometime I used my android tablet that I got from AT&T for ninety-nine cents and sometimes I used my iphone...

with the internet package I had' date=' I just had to sign out of one device before signing onto the other...

if you need to sign into two devices at the same time you can get the 2 device package for a little extra..

these are a few pics form my June 2014 Oasis cruise...it looks the same...

Decks 7,9 and 14

[center']14364514890_78c8b1fb9f_b.jpg

14571378083_d4e9d937ff_h.jpg

14528188086_d413a9b287_h.jpg

14551268725_0827849ecf_h.jpg

14528187846_30510b29b2_h.jpg

14528187656_6f2cefccf3_h.jpg [/center]

WiFi was pretty pretty good around the ship. Any problem with it and we were using 2 devices simultaneously and able to use skype and youtube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PR Cruisers

WiFi was pretty pretty good around the ship. Any problem with it and we were using 2 devices simultaneously and able to use skype and youtube

That is good to know PR Cruiser. Thanks for posting that info.

Do you remember the price for 2 simultaneous devices?

I dont remember right now but I am going to look at it.

We took advantage of the diamond member discount that is $29.95.

We have actually tropical storm Erika near so we are expecting a lot of rain starting today and tomorrow.

Edited by PR Cruisers

I dont remember right now but I am going to look at it.

We took advantage of the diamond member discount that is $29.95.

We have actually tropical storm Erika near so we are expecting a lot of rain starting today and tomorrow

First off I hope Erika didn't affect you all too much.

Yes that Diamond discount is GREAT!

Ok, let us know if you find the simultaneous user price.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

The FLL sail away is fun, there are lots of condos, and the folks blow air horns wave and cheer from their balconies as we go by (hey, its Saturday, they are blowing off some steam!). Then there are the folks on the point and the beach all waving, the pilot boat was using the PA to say "Oasis, make some noise". No kidding, who knew our Coast Guard were cheerleaders!?

Then you pass many seaside estates, which are something to see. Be sure to check out the house with the Flowrider in the side yard, really, he had a full size regulation Flowrider, which he was surfing on as we went by (he probably saw it on the passing ship one day and just ordered it from the Billionaire Catalogue, but that's speculation on my part)

(flowrider photo) 140588030.jpg

We were so busy enjoying Sailaway that we forgot to look for the private FlowRider.

Has anyone else ever noticed it as you were Sailing away from FLL?

Random Shots - Library and Adventure Ocean

The Library is a wonderful place to relax if you need to or if you want to grab a book. And don't forget there are board games.

20827656389_7b7fe858d7_b.jpg

20988211866_101be8a83b_b.jpg

I will probably say more about Adventure Ocean later. The teens in our group didn't use it much this time. There were 3 of them (2 girls and a guy) who hung out together and they pretty much made their own fun, but here's a few shots of Adventure Ocean. I have some compasses if any one wants me to scan them in. Otherwise you can search here on CC and others have already posted them.

20826551308_bef45b7b8a_z.jpg

21014461485_d466375152_z.jpg

20827659199_0c538ce676_z.jpg

Awesome review with great pictures!

The pool looks pretty crowded. I'm guessing it was a sea day. Did you find the overly crowded or were they ok to go in?

Thank you LuCruise,. I'm glad you are enjoying the review.

Yes, that is a sea day in the Beach Pool pictures. I never really hung out in that particular area during this cruise. Don't forget you also have the pool in the Solarium. That's where I spend a lot of my pool time lately and it's never crowded in that area.

Please be sure to come back again. Thanks for rolling with a sistah! :cool:

Beautiful story and photos..I'm sailing in Oct :) so excited!!!! Thanks so much. I must eat gluten free and from your menu shots looks like they had many choices :) thank you sista!!!

Hi Hozhoni: Thank you so much for taking the time to post something. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you are enjoying the ride.

You don't have long before you sail! :cool: Please let me know if you have any questions.

And I beleive they also have gluten free in the Windjammer. Just remember to ask in any eating venue what's available. They may have some choices that aren't widely advertised.

You are welcome, my Sistah!!! Be sure to come back again!

Aqua Theater and Rock Climbing Wall

This is one of my favorite places to watch shows. Maybe because they are all so different. It is at the end of the Boardwalk on Deck 6. It seems strange to have an open area like this on a Cruise Ship but I just love it. As I said before we could watch some of the activities from the balcony of our cabins.

20163198391_a2f7e152b8_b.jpg

20149529692_27491ca8d8_b.jpg

20163194651_bd3d894aa2_b.jpg

20131388456_f4d165991c_b.jpg

For those looking for a "Live" Oasis Review this week this guy is Hilarious! And he plans to use Periscope at some point as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2254389

Here's his first post...

Finally. I thought this week would never come. It's been a grueling six months since we slowly crawled off the Quantum on all fours. However now it's time for us to stand upright, turn around and moonwalk our way back on to the Oasis. (Cue the Michael Jackson Billie Jean 8-track. Where is my 1984 red leather zipper jacket?)

This will be my first time buying the unlimited wifi package so I had this revolutionary idea to post LIVE from the ship. It's an unheard of move! And to make this LIVE review even more LIVE---LI---ER, I will periodically periscope throughout the trip. (periscope name is @yorkvillain). I'll also post some god awful pictures and provide some terrible commentary.

Here are two photos that I took of the Oasis while flying around with my jet pack:

b68b3278e28c30ccdf71221fe1f5569d_zpskgztovin.jpg

92cff72ab303aab07d4a5cc5bf8b1b95_zpsoz9ltpkd.jpg

Central Park (Deck 8) is always one of my favorite places on the ship. I have never found it crowded. You have the beautiful greenery to enjoy and in the evenings the music just adds to the ambiance.

Here's is where you will find Park Cafe (sandwiches, salads, delicious desserts and that Roast Beef Sandwich that everyone raves about) 150 Central Park, Chops, Vintages and Giovannis. The Coach Store and the Art Studio...

I met one of Horticulturists one day and she was a delight to speak with...Imagine taking care of this beautiful garden on a Cruise Ship....

In the evenings I would walk thru this area on my way to the MDR if I didn't want to walk down to deck 5 and walk across the Royal Promenade....

19970944859_852a709ff8_b.jpg

19969589880_473f3ab854_b.jpg

20163187371_b6a8370d99_b.jpg

19536623413_fee9b96ac8_b.jpg

20150538392_88b181f1d8_b.jpg

19534955134_f8efb2cc3f_b.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Park Cafe in Central Park

20131351446_dd82647beb_b.jpg

20276773161_3208bd585a_b.jpg

20244640206_3ce6fe62ef_b.jpg

don't forget this is also where the Rising Tide Bar "rises' to...

The greenhouse window looking area int he bottom of this picture is the area for the Rising Tide Bar....the cabins are Central Park Balcony view

19648246944_6978a72d06_b.jpg

20270884925_c52bdb2f69_b.jpg

20276807041_28740c4866_b.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Night Time in Central Park...it is simply BEAUTIFUL.

The lights come on and be sure to check your compass to find out when the music will begin. There is usually live music every evening.

These are Central Park View cabins. No balcony Central Park Deck 8. The Cental Park Balconies begin Deck 9.

19648139234_ba8185b27e_b.jpg

Central Park Trelis Bar:

20082788378_1f3a47044c_b.jpg

20150054642_e2108d9eff_b.jpg

19535476484_763226f414_b.jpg

Looking down from Central Park Deck 8 to Sorrentos on Royal Promenade Deck 5

19649826073_ed1d8ea415_b.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Captain's Reception from the Rising Tide Bar

We found ourselves on the Rising Tide Bar just before Captain Tyre Selvag from Norway came out to speak. During his evening reception on the first formal night he introduces all of the department heads and gives you the statistics for the cruise. Me and one of my girlfriends were the only ones on the Rising Tide Bar at the time. The Activities Director Brenen told us to stay on board and he would give us the best seats in the house. It turned out they were really the best seats in the house because the Rising Tide Bar rose halfway and we had a clear shot to see the Captain. Also, because of the position of the Bar no one else could board at that time.

Check out the video in a post below. It is rather long but you can watch it in segments if need be.

Also, I took this time to answer questions on Periscope because we couldn't really hear all that the Captain was saying. I have seen the presentation so many times that I kind of knew what he was saying and people had a lot of questions that night on Periscope. When you sail be sure to go to this reception. Free champagne, a chance to take a picture with the Captain and meet all of the Department Heads.

Look for Brenen doing various things as an Activities Director. He even told us to look for him on the Stilts in the parade. As soon as I find that picture I will post it. He's in the reception video. Tell him Ms. Lillie that introduced him to Periscope said hi.

20549566934_764ce4c321_c.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'