Really LIVE!!! Oasis July 18,2015. Western Caribbean.Join Me!

On Embarkation Day we like to eat  

155 members have voted

1. 1. On Embarkation Day we like to eat

• in the Windjammer.
    • any where but the Windjammer.

Another Repost for those terrible small pictures:

We shuttled to the airport using the Hyatt House Shuttle service around 10. It was included in the price of our Room.

Embarkation was a breeze! Through Security, Check in for Sea Pass Card, Embarkation picture taken and sitting down waiting to board by 11:15.

19883565048_bb4f9cb37b_c.jpg

19450686573_d1c374a4ee_c.jpg

check in for your Cruise and be ready to get your picture taken for your Sea Pass...SMILE! Security will be looking at this picture every time you leave and get back on the Ship!!! LOL

19884967829_d1bb867edd_c.jpg

First picture with the Ship Photographers....

Newbies, this is known as the Embarkation Photo...

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Just found your thread today. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

It was, Susie51.

You haven't missed much yet. I did some reposting because I used Tapatalk previously and the pictures came out small. You can see them if you click on them but I don't like people to have to do that if I can help it.

Thanks for joining in!

Last Repost I think from those dreaded small pictures

Our precruise hotel was the Hyatt House. It has a full size kitchen. A huge shower and is across the street from a plaza with all kinds of stores and restaurants. It has a pool and FREE breakfast every morning.

The hotel has a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, and the shuttle from the hotel to the pier was included in our group rate. It also offers shuttle service from the pier to the airport for an additional charge but we chose to do a taxi instead Taxi from pier to airport was $20 for 4 or as the Taxi driver put it, $20 plus tip. Oh really Mr. Cabbie!!! And I thought Tip was earned due to exceptional service...my BAD!!!! LOL

The Hotel Shuttle also runs to the plaza at various times. It was nice having that service and we used it a lot

The Southwest Baggage Claim area at Ft Lauderdale Airport has this beautiful Aquarium mural that I thought was quite lovely.

19449208634_2bd458c20c_z.jpg

Full Kitchen at the Hyatt House Hotel

19449034254_6c19a921e2_z.jpg

19450686993_587466a352_z.jpg

Large Glass Enclosed Shower

19883588698_27497a445e_z.jpg

19450696113_6c05d56dae_z.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

We boarded the ship on the Promenade Deck which is Deck Five. It's a wonderful deck to board on because you really get to see how much the ship doesn't really look like a ship.

The Promenade Deck has Guest Services and a lot of stores and restaurants and bars. So it looks more like a mall than a cruise ship. This is also where the Rising Tide Bar starts, where you can get 24 hour food (The Cafe Promenade) and where you can get already made (or make you own) pizza at Sorrentos.

This deck is so wide that Parades are held here. Check your Compass (the news you can use paper) that you will get every night in your cabin for the times for the parades There will be several held during the week.

19969415718_223a3902ee_z.jpg

19970840759_d13432528f_z.jpg

19969488760_dc69ceb73d_z.jpg

In Front of Guest Services is the Area where the Rising Tide Bar is. In this picture it is up on Deck 8 (Central Park), which is the Deck it "rises" to.

19969413428_886cbe02fa_z.jpg

19969410958_0b2fa1c8ba_z.jpg

19969484920_c60f527203_z.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Is that really a Carousel on a Cruise Ship?!!!!

This was my view EVERY morning!!!

Boardwalk Balcony Cabin View...

19884954209_43979c6094_z.jpg

20071647585_9be11e59f9_z.jpg

19884957259_ce790d54a8_z.jpg

Johnny Rockets and the Balloon Man

19884958319_7ae2e7bee6_z.jpg

We had friends who were in the Cabin next to ours. We requested the door between the Balconies to be opened so that we could move from one to the other. It worked out well. I can't remember if I took a picture of it opened but I will check and post it if I find it.

These cabins also have a great view of anything that goes on at the Aqua Theater. This is my second cruise with this Cabin type and I luv luv luv it! The last time though we were closer to the Aqua Theater but at night it was much too long to walk down the hall.

Also, the one day that I wasn't feeling well I didn't leave the cabin until dinner time I was able to still go out on the balcony. This helped me not feel out of the mix of things totally as I was able to see people enjoying the Boardwalk and watch some of the activities at the Aqua Theater.

19448986654_a62d098e63_z.jpg

19970850679_3e48b8bbd0_z.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Amazing view from your stateroom. How fun!

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope it as short lived as there's nothing worse to ruin a vacation.

Thanks LuCruise. Glad you are enjoying the View!

Thank you for your kind words. I suffer from motion sickness and use the patch which sometimes makes me feel a little off kilter. Woosee etc. Usually I can deal with it but sometimes it makes me stay close to the cabin. It's better than not having it at all.

That's why I enjoy the Boardwalk Balcony so much. No way could I have stepped foot on an Ocean-view Balcony feeling the way I was feeling. Watching the water would have just made it worse. This way I could stay in the comfort of the cabin and if I felt up to it could step out on the Balcony and watch an Aqua Show or people watch and still not be too far away from my bed if needed.

The Boardwalk Balcony is like being on the porch of your home.

Now, Let's go down for an up close and personal view..

This was the morning of the Crown and Anchor Private event for Return Cruisers so we were greeted at the Aqua Theater entrance with Mimosas, Bloody Mary's etc...all on Royal's dime.....

19884741959_e04807335d_z.jpg

20076803601_5bb1c142fd_z.jpg

19884746149_95f54e7a98_z.jpg

20063528332_f2ba759d2e_z.jpg

Awwww!!!!! the lowest deck is now the only secret balcony deck left....

20071439935_4e9e5559e1_z.jpg

20045152226_b9e3bc9e3a_z.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

They know that when people board the ship on embarkation day that they are probably more than likely been traveling some people all day. They know that you're hungry so there will be places open to eat as soon as you board.

You have to wait for cabins to open around 1:00 any way so you might as well eat and then tour the ship.

We will usually eat in the Windjammer although according to the poll I included at the top of this thread a lot of people prefer to eat in other areas.

I have not scanned in Compasses for our July cruise but here's the lunch schedule from the cruise compass for June 2015. They usually don't deviate.

20100806690_b5e560c390_z.jpg

Let's find that cabin!!!

Boardwalk Balcony Cabin # 9707.

19534869974_8d5cfdfde9_z.jpg

20157528265_8fda57cba9_c.jpg

19969514990_3139ac8549_c.jpg

20131266116_c82b005dea_c.jpg

19970867259_5d043d507d_c.jpg

This is our friend's cabin next door to us. They had the bed by the balcony cabin. With the couch by the closet. See the little bit of bluish green couch in the picture below. We had the bed by the closet cabin. I wil post those pics once I find them. The bed by the balcony is a better cabin because it is hard to get into the closet with the bed by the closet. Especially when the person is asleep in the bed...

19969511420_10d406d7ac_c.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Let's find that cabin!!!

Boardwalk Balcony Cabin # 9707.

20157528265_8fda57cba9_c.jpg

19969514990_3139ac8549_c.jpg

20131266116_c82b005dea_c.jpg

19970867259_5d043d507d_c.jpg

This is our friend's cabin next door to us. They had the bed by the balcony cabin. With the couch by the closet. See the little bit of bluish green couch in the picture below. We had the bed by the closet cabin. I wil post those pics once I find them. The bed by the balcony is a better cabin because it is hard to get into the closet with the bed by the closet. Especially when the person is asleep in the bed...

19969511420_10d406d7ac_c.jpg

That blue bag on the first pic is mine. I was on 9709.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great post about the Windjammer from APDMom:

The only thing is I don't really mind sitting with strangers. For me that is part of the cruising experience. When I find myself alone in the windjammer I may even ask if I could share with some folks rather than eat alone. I love conversation and finding out about different people.

Two more tips regarding MDR:

1. If you plan to eat breakfast or lunch there, be sure to specify if you want to sit at a smaller table by asking, "Table for 4, please?", etc. They will honor your request if you do not want to sit with strangers.

2. If you do not have early debarkation, this is a great option for the last morning. You can sit in the calm of the dining room to enjoy your last breakfast, and totally avoid the chaos of the Windjammer. Just note that the MDR closes earlier on the last morning. We had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated, but got a table for 5 by the window. It was the perfect end to the week. We always give a dollar or 3 to each waiter in the MDR on the last morning.

The Windjammer:

We found early mornings were usually quiet. Also, we skipped the second formal night (lobster night) and they had delicious snowcrab legs and shrimp in the Windjammer!

DSCN0619_zpsgznehab2.jpeg

DSCN0617_zpsfxmfwp3h.jpeg

DSCN0618_zpsdnre4m2m.jpeg

DSCN0620_zpsgcqtpdpl.jpeg

The Windjammer from the outside. It is at the top level in this picture:

DSCN9768_zpsaxojbwlq.jpeg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Bed by the Closet Cabin view

For some reason I can't locate one for this cruise but here's a bed by the closet on a previous cruise. Notice how close the bed is to the closet. Imagine someone sleep on that side of the bed and you need to get something out of the closet. I hope they can find a work around for this on Harmony.

100_1646.jpg

And this is how the couch looks near the balcony. This is Ocean View but the Boardwalk Balcony Cabin has the same set up.

100_1640.jpg

those gifts on the table were my Diamond gifts that cruise. box of cookies, a soda and I think some water...same as this cruise only the cookies were in a different box.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

That blue bag on the first pic is mine. I was on 9709.

PR Cruisers I see which one you are talking about!!!

How bout THAT!!!!

I didn't know you were our neighbor for the week! :D :cool:

Folks on Embarkation Day after you give your luggage to the guys on the street it shows up magically outside of your cabin. ;)

Just be aware this may take hours or it may be within a couple of hours of your boarding...it may take as long as after dinner...so keep what you need in your carry on and board with it....

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Update on the Bananas:

Perhaps some of you heard about the situation with the Bananas on an RCCL Cruise some time back. If not please read below.

We were on the Oasis last April, and the Allure last week. Loved the Oaais, not the Allure. There was no service in the Windjammer buffet, was totally disorganized. Bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo, not with the other fruit. It was a disaster. I hope they do a better job in their new endeavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I would agree that the Windjammer buffet is not "the best" on Oasis or Allure, was "bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo" REALLY a disaster?

:eek:

Just a note as to why they were separated and not with the other fruit: apples and pears give off ethylene gas, which makes other fruits near them ripen more quickly and spoil sooner. At home, my bananas are on the counter while my apples, kiwi, peaches, etc are in a fruit bowl on the table. Gotta keep the bananas away from the other fruit. :)

Poor bananas. The freaks & geeks of the fruit world!

de2xy.jpg

Can you report on the status of the bananas?

I recently read* of a disastrous cruise where the bananas were in a bowl next to the ketchup and mayo. Has the world come to this? Is Oasis safe or in the danger zone?

*http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44515119&postcount=13

Good News / Bad News

Oasis has run out on bananas, but...

15599906656_4bcd10cedb_z.jpg

There is no fruit near the ketchup, and no ketchup near the fruit.

15002835394_1d1741a174_z.jpg

LOL

This thread had me cracking up... you have to go and rad the entire thread to really enjoy it...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44515119&postcount=13

Well it gives me great pleasure to report that the bananas on the Oasis July 18, 2015 cruise were treated just fine. They were in their rightful places alongside the other fruit. LOL

20082781800_d0a4e4e740_z.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

PR Cruisers I see which one you are talking about!!!

How bout THAT!!!!

I didn't know you were our neighbor for the week! :D :cool:

Folks on Embarkation Day after you give your luggage to the guys on the street it shows up magically outside of your cabin. ;)

Just be aware this may take hours or it may be within a couple of hours of your boarding...it may take as long as after dinner...so keep what you need in your carry on and board with it....

Hahaha!! No problem at all. I had my thousands $$$ to spend onboard with me.

One question: Did you hear my kids screaming for the whole week.? I am really sorry for that.

Grace (the stateroom attendant) did an outstanding job for us

Hahaha!! No problem at all. I had my thousands $$$ to spend onboard with me.

One question: Did you hear my kids screaming for the whole week.? I am really sorry for that.

Grace (the stateroom attendant) did an outstanding job for us

No I didn't hear your kids. I was in 9705 though. LOL Guess they were having a ball!

Yes Grace was an excellent Cabin Steward. I have only had a couple of ladies as cabin stewards and all of them have been excellent.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

After the dreaded time spent at the Muster Drill (our station was in the Main Dining Room) we headed to Deck 16 (Aft/Port) for Sailaway. We had our FooFoo drinks in hand, the band was playing and the crowd was lively. It was a great Sailaway!

20157564555_46f66db4da_z.jpg

20131296266_7481e0db76_z.jpg

19534911234_112329a9c0_z.jpg

US Coastguard was checking on us

19970876709_9e1c10c258_z.jpg

20131281256_08e2188af1_z.jpg

19969454108_90bcd450f0_z.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'