Day Dreaming .... For Fun

What's your favorite thing to do between lunch & dinner while on a cruise (Sea days Or After coming back from Port)?

I tend to nap during this time! Sometime in the Solarium , Sometime in the cabin! I know I must be missing a lot of cool stuff .... So let's hear what else is going on!

That's generally my "dipping in and out of the pool, reading, lounging and cocktailing" time.

This year's transatlantic had the progressive trivia around 2pm most days, so that took up half an hour.

We are trivia fans and play usually two or three times in the day usually 10 am and 4 pm and once in while at night too.

Enjoy relaxing with a book on deck, strolling the promenade deck, posting a live thread on Cruise Critic. If there is an interesting cruise lecture I attend. Mostly just enjoying the sights and sounds of being on a cruise ship.

Jonathan

We follow the words of the "Oh Holy Compass" to guide us on our journeys. She steers us towards many adventures.

Haha, that's funny :) I think I'm gonna start calling it the holy compass from now on 😂

On my last cruise I tended to make a trip to the free ice cream machine on the pool deck and then either check out the poolside movie or walk around the promenade or other parts of the ship just to look around. And whenever the ice cream was gone, it was time to go back and get another one and start the ship walk again. I ate at least 4 ice dream comes a day last time. I'm not a huge eater and I didn't drink much, but I came home 10 pounds heavier :)

So I might have to check my " Oh Holy Compass" for the "Trivia Times", if I can hold my eyes open:eek: from my nap , while holding onto my "fruity frozen cocktail" :D! Then I'll walk down the promenade to get to the "Trivia" game. After that I'll get an "Ice Cream" and cruise the rest of the ship back to take my nap!! Sounds like a plan!!!!:p

So I might have to check my " Oh Holy Compass" for the "Trivia Times", if I can hold my eyes open:eek: from my nap , while holding onto my "fruity frozen cocktail" :D! Then I'll walk down the promenade to get to the "Trivia" game. After that I'll get an "Ice Cream" and cruise the rest of the ship back to take my nap!! Sounds like a plan!!!!:p

Haha! I think you've got it all covered. Sounds like an excellent afternoon :)

On our last cruise, we had progressive trivia every afternoon, so we always did that if we were on the ship. On that cruise, we also had early dining (not my choice) so that didn't leave a lot of time after trivia to get ready for dinner.

We usually have late seating for dinner, so we lounge by the pool, mini golf. ping pong, play trivia, get a beverage and cheese plate from the buffet, and then sit and watch the pier runners.

My favorite thing to do is to head up the buffet round 3 pm and have some tea and one or more desserts, as may be available.

Very relaxing. At sea it is nice just to watch the ocean. In ports, if I am not out, I lie to look at other ships.

One time there was RCCL tied up across the pier from us. I saw a woman looking wistfully at out ship. I nudged my wife and said to her "Do you know what she's thinking? Man, I wish I was on that ship! (our ship)"

What's your favorite thing to do between lunch & dinner while on a cruise (Sea days Or After coming back from Port)?

I tend to nap during this time! Sometime in the Solarium , Sometime in the cabin! I know I must be missing a lot of cool stuff .... So let's hear what else is going on!

If there is a ship activity I am interested in, I take part in that. Otherwise I read in a quiet nook until time to meet hubby for pre-dinner drink.