Jeans in MDR?

Stace894

Ok, have read similar threads with many conflicting answers so I thought I would try again. I understand no shorts in the MDR's, but if my husband is wearing nice clean jeans and a collared shirt, will he be ok or do I have to go out and buy khaki's or something?

I understand no shorts in the MDR's

That is not true. Shorts can be worn in all restaurants/dining rooms on Getaway with the exception of Le Bistro and Tropicana Room (aft dining room).

Jeans can be worn anywhere.

Edited by LrgPizza

Ok, have read similar threads with many conflicting answers so I thought I would try again. I understand no shorts in the MDR's, but if my husband is wearing nice clean jeans and a collared shirt, will he be ok or do I have to go out and buy khaki's or something?

Shorts & jeans are allowed in all dining areas on the Dawn except Le Bistro and the aft MDR.

Thanks for all of the quick replies! I had just read a review where a womans older son (20's) wore shorts to the MDR and they turned him around and sent him back to change. Wouldn't let him in so was just being careful.

Thanks again for the confirmation!

Nice jeans are fine...but I've seen them turn people away for overly worn jeans with holes...you know...the expensive kind your kids make you buy for them at those expensive teen stores :)

Thanks for all of the quick replies! I had just read a review where a womans older son (20's) wore shorts to the MDR and they turned him around and sent him back to change. Wouldn't let him in so was just being careful.

Thanks again for the confirmation!

If it was the Aft MDR then this is correct....all other MDR's shorts are ok.

Jeans get you in all venues at any time of the day. Not even sure what conflicting information there is about it.

Source? Been there, done that...

I can understand the conflicting messages regarding dress codes. I've seen some of the boards and some people push the old fashioned ideas about cruise ship dress codes. The debate can get real heated.

I can understand the conflicting messages regarding dress codes. I've seen some of the boards and some people push the old fashioned ideas about cruise ship dress codes. The debate can get real heated.
It sure can. One of the best things about NCL is that there are no "old fashioned ideas about cruise ship dress codes," thank goodness. :D

Right from the horses mouth:

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/what-to-pack

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

SMART CASUAL - this is for aft MDR and Le Bistro

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

Enjoy your cruise :D

Based on what i am reading, Jeans are not allowed at the Tropicana MDR on the Getaway? Can anyone confirm this?

I'm not understanding this question:confused:

This is right from NCL website and it relates to all NCL ships:

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

Keep in mind that, as others have alluded to, some will maintain that the old dress code, dressier than NCL, will apply to some dining rooms. NCL is creator of freestyle, casual dress code.

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

I'm not understanding this question:confused:

This is right from NCL website and it relates to all NCL ships:

Keep in mind that, as others have alluded to, some will maintain that the old dress code, dressier than NCL, will apply to some dining rooms. NCL is creator of freestyle, casual dress code.

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks! I like NCL because I do not like to dress up and as long as I can wear jeans to most places for dinner, then I'm not worried :)

Going on the Getaway in a few weeks and just wanted to make sure I pack correctly.

All of this is answered here:

Jeans get you in all venues at any time of the day. Not even sure what conflicting information there is about it.

I have seen jeans in the MDR.

Jeans can be worn anywhere.

Shorts & jeans are allowed in all dining areas on the Dawn except Le Bistro and the aft MDR.

Nice jeans are fine...

And then someone asks this:

Based on what i am reading, Jeans are not allowed at the Tropicana MDR on the Getaway? Can anyone confirm this?

Seriously??!!