Experience with clearing early dinning waitlist

Hi everyone,

I normally book my cruises far in advance (1-1.5 years)

However I had to change one of cruise, and rebook for a later date due to a scheduling conflict.

Because of this, I only booked 6 months out, and the 6pm early dining is not available, so I'm wait listed.

Anyone have experience with being on a wait list and clearing it? how far out did you clear it?

For those that did not clear it, did you have success when on the boat trying to clear it with the dinning room?

If it helps, I'm emerald and it's sailing on the Jewel. I'm not booked in a suite.

Thanks

I booked my latest cruise about 9 months ago and was waitlisted. When I called a few months later I was at the 6pm dining.(I leave Sat) The same thing happened to me when I booked cruises in the past. I hope it works out for you!

I know personal preference plays a part, but are there distinct advantages to eating at 6pm vs 8pm?

Also, does any of RCI's ships have midnight buffet? The last cruise I was on was 10 years ago and I remember taking a lot of photos.

No more traditional midnight buffet. Some ships have a late night poolside buffet, with an ice sculpture or two.

I know personal preference plays a part, but are there distinct advantages to eating at 6pm vs 8pm?

Also, does any of RCI's ships have midnight buffet? The last cruise I was on was 10 years ago and I remember taking a lot of photos.

For me, I like early seating. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, which is +1 hour ahead of eastern time. so an 8:30pm dinning is actually 9:30pm for me, and that's too late :)

thanks for all the comments everyone, by the sounds of it I shouldn't worry about it now as it's 5 months out, but perhaps closer to the time I can start stressing about it, lol.

If your dining is not changed from wait-listed, one possible option is to call and ask them to e-mail Dining. We were able to get early dining on the Oasis, but my brother who was Emerald did not get it. I called on something different and they asked if they could help me in any other way, so I brought up the problem he was having getting early dining with us since he would be alone, otherwise, and the agent said he would e-mail dining and get back to us. He e-mailed me that our reservations were linked again and that my brother had early dining. It's worth a try if it does not come through or they change you to something else.

When we have been wait-listed, I call occasionally and ask the status. Eventually, you'll find a rep that will book you for the early seating.;)

I was told that they don't know the status. To call a month before sailing :-(