Lots of questions on Freedom of the Seas Interior Cabin

We have never sailed Royal Caribbean before. We have sailed Disney and Carnival in the past.

This is our first time on RCI. We booked cabin 1623. Does anyone know how long the sofa is in the interior room? Wondering if my 11 year old (at the time of sailing) could sleep on the sofa instead of pulling down the Pullman. Anyone have photos of this room? How is the closet configured - are there drawers or just shelves?

Any tips for Royal Caribbean would be helpful too.

Thanks for your help!

Unless you have a really small 11 year old he would not fit or be comfortable on the "sofa". They are not even the size of a normal loveseat.

Closet will have shelves and/or cubbies plus hangers for nicer clothes. You will also have some very small drawers on the tables next to your bed, a shelf or two above the safe, and a few small drawers in the area where the mirror and outlets are.

I have taken extension cords on previous cruises because of outlets being few and far between. Do you know if the outlets are the same way on the Freedom?

Does RC provide pool towels or should I bring my own beach towels?

Can you decorate the cabin door with signs? if so, what do you use for adhesive - tape, magnets, ???

Thanks for your help!:)

I have taken extension cords on previous cruises because of outlets being few and far between. Do you know if the outlets are the same way on the Freedom?

Does RC provide pool towels or should I bring my own beach towels?

Can you decorate the cabin door with signs? if so, what do you use for adhesive - tape, magnets, ???

Thanks for your help!:)

There are two US and one Euro outlet at the desk area. There is one combo US/Euro outlet in the bathroom for shaves only.

Pool towels are provided.

I see decorated doors all the time.

Wonderful detailed video!

IMO these cabins work better if the lower beds are separated instead of together. You reclaim all the lost floor space on the sides if the beds and it makes a big difference. I noticed that for the video cabin, the coffee table was already in the closet, which can add a bunch of floor space.

Does RC match offers that other cruise companies offer (like cruise.com or cheap cruise ship)?

If RC offers the same cruise at a lower fare or offer on board credits after you book, will they give you the lower fare or on board credits?

Does RC match offers that other cruise companies offer (like cruise.com or cheap cruise ship)?

If RC offers the same cruise at a lower fare or offer on board credits after you book, will they give you the lower fare or on board credits?

Royal does not do price matching.

First I want to tell you thank you so much for answering my questions. I am new to RC so these are things that I have been curious about after reading so many wonderful posts and reviews.

Since they do not price match will they honor lower fare if they lower the price before our final payment is due? Just curious.

What time can you start boarding RC? What time do you get to go to your room after you board the ship?

Wifi access - do you know what it costs for getting onto the wifi on the ship?

I wanted to find out how many other ships will be in the ports when we are there. The latest date I see is April 2016. We cruise in September 2016. Do you know when those dates will be posted.

Thanks again for your help!

First I want to tell you thank you so much for answering my questions. I am new to RC so these are things that I have been curious about after reading so many wonderful posts and reviews.

Since they do not price match will they honor lower fare if they lower the price before our final payment is due? Just curious. Yes, as long as the lower price is not restricted in some way. However, you must monitor prices and request the price drop, it is not automatic.

What time can you start boarding RC? Usually between 11am and noon. What time do you get to go to your room after you board the ship? Usually 1pm to 1:30pm.

Wifi access - do you know what it costs for getting onto the wifi on the ship? Around $20 per day for one device and $30 per day for two devices.

I wanted to find out how many other ships will be in the ports when we are there. The latest date I see is April 2016. We cruise in September 2016. Do you know when those dates will be posted.

Thanks again for your help!

See answers above.

Edited by clarea

I wanted to find out how many other ships will be in the ports when we are there. The latest date I see is April 2016. We cruise in September 2016. Do you know when those dates will be posted?:confused:

Most likely soon after the first of the year.:)

I wanted to find out how many other ships will be in the ports when we are there. The latest date I see is April 2016. We cruise in September 2016. Do you know when those dates will be posted?:confused:

I would do a search on a major search engine website whose name is now synonymous with "Internet search" and use the term "Cruise timetables". You may or may not be able to find schedules through 2017 for some of the ports...