Curtis Stone Restaurant and Chef's Table to Debut Across Princess Cruises Ships

LauraS

This is a good thing! I spoke to a waiter a couple of years ago that has worked for Princess for over 15 years, and he/she (don't want to get anyone in trouble) told me that the basic menu has not changed in over 10 years. I am very pleased to try something new!

Think we all knew that already. ;)

To clarify........the waiter has nothing to worry about.

Its public knowledge. :cool:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I am quite interested in this because I have a suite booked on the Emerald for Xmas & New Year's. Of course my favorite suite perk is breakfast in Sabatini's. I am not a fan of Sabatini's anymore as a specialty restaurant but love the Crown Grill.

My last cruise in Jan 14 on the Grand, I knew the head waiter Janus in the Crown Grill from previous cruises. Since I was solo, I ate there at least 3 times and we would have some long conversations. He told me then that the Crown Grill concept is still very popular while Sabatini's was not and there was talk then about changing it to something else fleet wide. It just doesn't provide the revenue that it did.

So I assume this is what's happening now and yes I do think that Sabatini's will go by the wayside. Perhaps the suite breakfast will be in the Chef Stone venue or the Crown Grill? I guess I will find out on Dec. 19th when I board the Emerald.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I certainly will not be paying cover charges on meals for my next cruise.

Travel solo and have worked out the cost only for my cabin and services will work out at $330 Canadian per day:eek: Its MDR ,Horizon Court plus International Cafe for me.:)

Thanks & hopefully that tradition continues with the new menus.

We sailed Sitmar's Fairwind in summer 1988 & six months later when the ship became the original Dawn Princess. Both had a pasta course but the great pizzeria was removed where like Alfredo's they had freshly baked pizza & calzone served at a table. :)

Sitmar had an all Italian crew & Portuguese assistant waiters and I've occasionally had one of them but not as many so many years later. Those were the days of white glove service from silver platters but also more expensive. ;)[/quote

Sitmar was my introduction to cruising. It was classy.

The article I read made it sound like Sabitinis was being replaced by Share. Did I read it correctly? I like new variety, but "sharing" the meal sounds more like family style dining and less service. Does this mean those wonderful suite breakfasts in Sabitinis will be no more?

Sitmar was my introduction to cruising. It was classy.

The article I read made it sound like Sabitinis was being replaced by Share. Did I read it correctly? I like new variety, but "sharing" the meal sounds more like family style dining and less service. Does this mean those wonderful suite breakfasts in Sabitinis will be no more?

SHARE will replace Sabatini's on the ships mentioned in the press release & his menu items in the MDR & the Chef's Table will also be added to all ships.

No official word on the suite breakfast's location on the ships that have SHARE however I'd think the Crown Grill would be a better venue than the images I've viewed of SHARE.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I am quite interested in this because I have a suite booked on the Emerald for Xmas & New Year's. Of course my favorite suite perk is breakfast in Sabatini's. I am not a fan of Sabatini's anymore as a specialty restaurant but love the Crown Grill.

My last cruise in Jan 14 on the Grand, I knew the head waiter Janus in the Crown Grill from previous cruises. Since I was solo, I ate there at least 3 times and we would have some long conversations. He told me then that the Crown Grill concept is still very popular while Sabatini's was not and there was talk then about changing it to something else fleet wide. It just doesn't provide the revenue that it did.

So I assume this is what's happening now and yes I do think that Sabatini's will go by the wayside. Perhaps the suite breakfast will be in the Chef Stone venue or the Crown Grill? I guess I will find out on Dec. 19th when I board the Emerald.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That was the case last week on the Golden. Sabatini's was never busy and twice while we were in the Crown Grill waiters were brought from the Crab Shack to assist since the Grill was very busy each evening.

IMHO Sabatini's is about to be renamed.

Mike:)

• 4 weeks later...

I certainly hope this doesn't replace Sabatini's. We love the suite breakfast and much prefer the evening menu in Sabatini's to the Crown Grill. Nothing against the Crown Grill. It's easy to do a better steak at home but doing dinner like Sabatini's is more difficult.

From the Press release, it would appear that this will be confined to Emerald, Coral, Ruby, and Sun. Of course, if it is popular, then it could go elsewhere but we will miss Sabatini's. We normally do two dinners there per cruise.

• 1 month later...