50th anniversary dinner - anyone enjoy it?

melody hounddog

Just read the anniversary menu and the beef is peppered, is something you can ask not to be peppered or do I need to choose something else?

If I remember right, the pepper is part of the cooking process and can't be easily omitted. There are other things on the Always Available side of the menu to choose from.

If I remember right, the pepper is part of the cooking process and can't be easily omitted. There are other things on the Always Available side of the menu to choose from.

Is the Always Available menu the same as normal nights? I read somewhere there are a few additions to the usual items.

Have eaten it twice and enjoyed it both times. I like the porcini mushroom soup and the pasta, and we had the beef entrée, which was cooked perfectly as ordered. The Norman Love dessert is delicious.

It's my least favorite Princess meal and the sorbet between courses is pretentious. IMHO, nothing is served in the MDR that requires a palate cleansing between courses. (And I generally I like and enjoy Princess food.)

It was a big to-do about nothing, imho. The cute little chocolate dishes were nice, but I'm not a huge fan of chocolate.

The entree items were nice. I always enjoy the variety that is offered. If there is nothing that I particularly want, I make a choice from the "available anytime" portion of the menu. The Grilled Salmon seems to be my favorite.

I have had it 3 times now, got the Turbo every time and loved it. Maybe I'll try the steak next time. Doesn't this menu go away at the end of the year?

Love the Norman Love chocolate deserts. Especially the white chocolate cheesecake. And I'm not a cheesecake fan. The pretty heart thing is pretty good too. Hope that doesn't go away at the end of the year.

Just read the anniversary menu and the beef is peppered, is something you can ask not to be peppered or do I need to choose something else?

Yes, you can ask to have no pepper.

Ask your headwaiter the night before (it will be on the first formal evening, so you will easily know the evening before).

He will tell you either:

a) No problem, just let your waitstaff know when you order it the next evening.

or

b) No problem. He will arrange for a serving to be made for you without pepper. Just let your waitstaff know the next evening that he has arranged this. Your request will be kept by your cabin number, so if you are in Anytime, you do not have to eat at the same table the next evening.

I'll preface my reply by saying I am a picky eater and don't like some foods. We were on a 28 day cruise around Australia when we had the Anniversary dinner and the other special dinners" reflecting different decades. Most people at our table weren't overly impressed by those menus, but found the food okay, with some good dishes among some so-so. I frequently substituted a menu item from the available anytime menu for items I did not want from the special menu. The waiter always said no problem, so don't forget to ask for something else from the always available menu, even if it isn't shown on the day's menu.

The anniversary dinner did have a fabulous chocolate dessert that was to die for!

Yes, you can ask to have no pepper.

Ask your headwaiter the night before (it will be on the first formal evening, so you will easily know the evening before).

He will tell you either:

a) No problem, just let your waitstaff know when you order it the next evening.

or

b) No problem. He will arrange for a serving to be made for you without pepper. Just let your waitstaff know the next evening that he has arranged this. Your request will be kept by your cabin number, so if you are in Anytime, you do not have to eat at the same table the next evening.

Thanks, I will try to remember to do this.

I got the fish and thought it was great. The dessert ranked among the best things I've ever eaten. My wife liked the beef pretty well, if I recall.

Just looking at the menu on paper, we were not the least bit impressed, but the meal itself was quite good, we thought.

Jim