Pool Noodles

Savvy Waveriders

Does anyone know if Princess would allow me to use a new, foam, pool noodle in the 'adults only' pool, to do my aquatic excersizing?

That's a good idea. Princess should offer some pool exercise classes. I'll bet there would be many takers.

Does anyone know if Princess would allow me to use a new, foam, pool noodle in the 'adults only' pool, to do my aquatic excersizing?

If I remember correctly on most ships, the two adult pools (by the Lotus Spa and the aft pool) are shallow enough that a noodle wouldn't be necessary if being used only to keep your head above water.

Should have specified, we are booked on the Regal in Nov. The adult pool in the front of the Royal and Regal, just outside the Sanctuary, seem larger than on other ships. Was on the Royal in March. The adult pool and lounging area were sparcely occupied. It's a lovely area and free. Has sheltered loungers as well as open ones.

I read a tip about fitting a pool noodle around the edges of your suitcase, then placing other items inside. I'd just buy one at a shop, while at our pre-cruise hotel. I'd leave it behind, before going home.

Princess rents noodles in Princess Cay. Basically the rental

is the price of buying one in the us. Renting them must be

quite profitable.

We used them for our beach excursions. Bought 3 @ the dollar store. Duck taped them together & put a luggage tag on them. They were delivered to our stateroom with suitcases. We left them behind. :-)

The pools aren't very big. What if EVERYONE decided to bring a noodle .....:rolleyes: ... :D

LuLu

Agreed, I would worry I would be hitting someone in the face with the ends of it. I did bring my mentally challenged son a very small one inch thick float, the size of his chest, just to give him something to hang on to. Not a safety device, but the pools are deep, and it was easy to pack on the bottom of the suitcase.

The pool is not much bigger than the noodle and would easily impose on other's personal space. I'd leave it home.

Noodles come in small sizes and can be "wrapped" around someone so it doesn't stick out at the sides. Research the different types. ;)

The pools aren't very big. What if EVERYONE decided to bring a noodle ..... ...

Highly unlikely that everyone will have a noodle! When I swim in the adult pools, there are rarely more than 1 or 2 others in them at a time.

I think a noodle for exercising sounds great. Or the styrofoam hand weights used in water aerobics would be fun. Too bad there aren't water aerobic classes - I'd join one even if I had to pay!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Noodles come in small sizes and can be "wrapped" around someone so it doesn't stick out at the sides. Research the different types. ;)

Highly unlikely that everyone will have a noodle! When I swim in the adult pools, there are rarely more than 1 or 2 others in them at a time.

I think a noodle for exercising sounds great. Or the styrofoam hand weights used in water aerobics would be fun. Too bad there aren't water aerobic classes - I'd join one even if I had to pay!

When I swim in the adult pool there are rarely more than one or two others at a time? A noodle for exercising sounds great?

What cruise line do you sail on?

I have found the same at the adult retreat on the Royal. Very few in the pool. It's also larger than I've seen on the older ships. People are mostly baking on the loungers. I get my best tan in the pool, striding my noodle, like riding on a horseback. It's never in anyone's way. The sunrays reflect off the bottom of the pool, giving me an all over, even tan.

But, still, my main objective is a cool way to excersize. I'm in for about an hour. Thanks to all my fellow cruisers for your input! Looking forward to our 33rd cruise with Princess, this Nov., on the beautiful Regal!

Edited by Savvy Waveriders

That's a good idea. Princess should offer some pool exercise classes. I'll bet there would be many takers.

We tried to get that on our 28 day sailing last fall and it was a "no go"! :(

If I remember correctly on most ships, the two adult pools (by the Lotus Spa and the aft pool) are shallow enough that a noodle wouldn't be necessary if being used only to keep your head above water.

It's not shallow if you're only 5' like I am! :eek::rolleyes::cool: