Yet ANOTHER Hour of Port Time Cut - Jade

Just happened to check my itinerary for the Jade out of Venice on October 3rd only to find that our time in Mykonos has been shortened again! Can't help but notice that they waited until the day after final payment to do it. When I first booked this cruise we were to leave Mykonos at 6 PM. Then just recently it was cut to 5 PM. Now it's down to 4 PM. Not cool, NCL.

I agree, if they change things after final payment people should be given the choice to op out with no penalty.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be wanting to opt out of a ship leaving two hours earlier. You'll be looking at an empty pier if so. :eek:

*and, yes, I know what you meant there-opt out of cruise with no penalty. Just couldn't resist the joke.

Edited by tarps14

Greatest thing about Travel Insurance is that, if you've done your due diligence while shopping, you can ALWAYS opt out...even after final payment.

The alternative is to take whatever comes and either accept it or whine about it.

Greatest thing about Travel Insurance is that, if you've done your due diligence while shopping, you can ALWAYS opt out...even after final payment.

The alternative is to take whatever comes and either accept it or whine about it.

I don't see anyone whining, although if you bring the bottle I'll have a glass, lol . I am keeping my fellow passengers informed since NCL doesn't seem to make it a priority to do so. The shortened port time is annoying but I would not opt out of a 3 week vacation over it. I've invested too much time planning and have a complex (many other tickets and reservations) land trip wrapped around both ends of this cruise. I always buy good travel insurance.

Greatest thing about Travel Insurance is that, if you've done your due diligence while shopping, you can ALWAYS opt out...even after final payment ...

Not true of many insurance policies because when you book the cruise you are agreeing to the cruise contract which basically states that the cruise line can make changes rgarding ports. Most insurance companies interpret that to mean time in port as well.

Edited by NMLady

Not true of many insurance policies because when you book the cruise you are agreeing to the cruise contract which basically states that the cruise line can make changes rgarding ports. Most insurance companies interpret that to mean time in port as well.

In your eagerness to "correct" it would appear that you either missed "if you've done your due diligence while shopping", or you simply did not understand it.

Just happened to check my itinerary for the Jade out of Venice on October 3rd only to find that our time in Mykonos has been shortened again! Can't help but notice that they waited until the day after final payment to do it. When I first booked this cruise we were to leave Mykonos at 6 PM. Then just recently it was cut to 5 PM. Now it's down to 4 PM. Not cool, NCL.

Give me 20minutes and a hire car, I'll get the whole island done! :)

The tender operation in Mykonos is very efficient so I wouldn't worry too much about the time.

Our shore time has been shortened as well. We were not notified, would have been nice to. If we were booking our own excursion or meeting friends then two hours would have meant missing the ship!

I know the time back onboard will be at the gangplank but advanced notice helps with planning!

We missed Mykonos due to high winds...we didn't learn about it until the Captain tried to pull into the port. I think it's a tender port so high winds create big problems with tenders.

I know the time back onboard will be at the gangplank but advanced notice helps with planning!

All aboard time is also published on previous night in Freestyle Daily and IIRC times are also printed in the "your week at glance" (or something like that) at the beginning of the cruise.

Edited by Demonyte

We missed Mykonos due to high winds...we didn't learn about it until the Captain tried to pull into the port. I think it's a tender port so high winds create big problems with tenders.

We docked in Mykonos and they supplied free buses to where the tenders embark.

I agree with another poster, not much to see there. In fact it was the worst stop of the whole trip. We hired a scooter for $20 and toured the whole island in about 3 hours

Edited by stoneman56

Mykonos and Santorini are like St Maarten and Cozumel...wall to wall ships and people. Luckily we visited these ports before they were discovered so we know how beautiful they were.

I have to disagree with that comment, totally not our experience in July 2013. Yes, especially the city of Fira is filled with narrow alleys but even one cruise ship makes those seem crowded.

I have to disagree with that comment, totally not our experience in July 2013. Yes, especially the city of Fira is filled with narrow alleys but even one cruise ship makes those seem crowded.

Fira is in Santorini, but a beautiful location none the less.

Santorini and Mykonos were ports on our Greek Isles cruise in 2004. We found both of the islands beautiful and charming. We sailed into Santorini again, almost 10 years to the day. The difference was stunning. We were not able to sail into Mykonos because of high winds....there were many cruise ships in the harbor in our same situation. We do not enjoy crowded ports so we will pass on these beautiful islands.

As SeaShark said, IF you do your due diligence you can always get a policy that allows you to opt out at any time for any reason. It doesn't matter what the cruise contract says. Clearly you either missed what he wrote or don't understand.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm unsure if you are able to answer this. Is this a permanent change for all the Greek Island cruises? This itinerary has been on my bucket list for quite some time and we were looking to do this same cruise next July 2016. However I am one of those cruisers who loves their time in port and does see a cruise as getting to see lots of different places, then returning each night to enjoy the meals and entertainment on board. I have a FCC to use and am doing the logistics on whether to cruise or just do a Greek Island land tour. I'm finding it hard to find out whether Mykonos is permanently shortened as this would probably sway us to do the land option. It is still saying on the NCL website that the departure time for Mykonos is 6pm, not 4pm. I rang the NCL booking number and the person I spoke to still seems to think it still leaves at 6pm or she was unsure, so I'm finding it hard to find out the correct information. if you know the answer to this please let me know or if anyone else out there knows please reply. I just wish NCL would make the changes on the website or inform their sales staff so we know the actual port times before we book! :confused:

We are on the Jade leaving sept 5. Our time in Mykonos also changed from 6pm when we booked in Oct 2014 to 4pm after final payment. (No explanation from NCL). So I think it is changed for all departures. Not sure what they plan for 2016