Carnival no longer out of NY?

emmak8

How many NCL cruises have you been on as your signatures doesn't list any? I hear many folks say the same of Carnival and they either never sailed them or only had one cruise on them. Just wondering what ship you were on that was that bad? You seem to really dislike NCL a good deal.

Actually....none. That being said I have eaten on three NCL ships. Cagney's can't hold a candle to the Carnival steakhouse. Their rooms beyond tiny, so much so that in many the sink from the bathroom is in the bedroom. The hallways are enormously tiny. They are trying to get everyone to buy into the "new" meal plans. They have had significant price increases over the last two years. They have become synonymous with nickel and diming within the industry. They are phasing in a alas carte pricing for all their for pay restaurants. Lastly and most importantly, go over to the NCL board and see what the cruisers are saying about them.

[ QUOTE=wanderingjew;47245336]The quality on my last 4 cruises was SUBPAR on CCL My recent NCL cruises were 8.5 out of 10 while i rate CCL 6

The Prime Rib was tough and tasteless, much better on NCL

Obviously you can sail whomever you like. The MDR on NCL ships routinely gets panned in comparisons. If you think so poorly of Carnival, why do you continue to sail them and take their invitations to events like you did for the Vista?

Pride sails out of Baltimore in the winter

That is easily explained, two less cold days of sailing. Baltimore have been an extremely good port for Carnival, her record of filling cabins even in the cold months makes sailing out of Baltimore unique. Part of the reason for this is much less competition.

He doesn't want to pay inflated NCL & RCCL prices. :D

i have NONE booked on CCL and my next cruise I'm paying 1220 for a 10 day Gem thanksgiving cruise inside solo with a free UBP & 100 OBC

For a similar cabin on a 7 day it is 1095 on the Glory and i dont need flights

or hotel on Gem

and fortunately i can afford to pay more for a cruise I can ENJOY

[ QUOTE=wanderingjew;47245336]The quality on my last 4 cruises was SUBPAR on CCL My recent NCL cruises were 8.5 out of 10 while i rate CCL 6

Obviously you can sail whomever you like. The MDR on NCL ships routinely gets panned in comparisons. If you think so poorly of Carnival, why do you continue to sail them and take their invitations to events like you did for the Vista?

I do what i want to do

I do what i want to do

Lol, on that we can agree.

Pride sails out of Baltimore in the winter

Without me.

We did pride relocation cruise and got back to Balt 3/29 with temp of 22 and last full day of cruise too cold to go outside..

We will continue to travel to Florida for our cruises with nice warm weather the whole time.

the reason i went to the Vista event was because JH said he wanted to meet me

i have NONE booked on CCL and my next cruise I'm paying 1220 for a 10 day Gem thanksgiving cruise inside solo with a free UBP & 100 OBC

For a similar cabin on a 7 day it is 1095 on the Glory and i dont need flights

or hotel on Gem

and fortunately i can afford to pay more for a cruise I can ENJOY

Oh trust me, the UBP is no where near free.....the price is just hidden in your increased cruise price. Haven't been on the Gem but I can tell you the Epic sucks and the operations on the Sun are far lacking for the same size Carnival ship (Fantasy class).

Oh trust me, the UBP is no where near free.....the price is just hidden in your increased cruise price. Haven't been on the Gem but I can tell you the Epic sucks and the operations on the Sun are far lacking for the same size Carnival ship (Fantasy class).

I've sailed both Carnival and NCL recently. Both are more similar than different. I would give an edge in operations to NCL. I never went to an NCL bar that had less than two bartenders working it. On my cruise on the Pride last month, they kept one bar open on the Lido at night with one bartender. She also had to serve popcorn for the movies, and was obviously in the weeds.

As far as the free beverage package being hidden in the price, I have two NCL cruises booked with the promo and the price is less than a similar CCL cruise. I think the main difference between NCL and RCCL sailing from NYC compared to Carnival is that they are sailing newer destination ships from there while Carnival is sailing old ships. A lot of people will deal with the cold just to sail on a mega ship. They also run a lot of 9-14 day cruises, which gives people more time in the warm weather. IMHO catering to the largest population cluster in the country is smart business. NYC is morning of cruise drivable for everyone from Portland, ME to Washington DC.

As far as the free beverage package being hidden in the price, I have two NCL cruises booked with the promo and the price is less than a similar CCL cruise. I think the main difference between NCL and RCCL sailing from NYC compared to Carnival is that they are sailing newer destination ships from there while Carnival is sailing old ships. A lot of people will deal with the cold just to sail on a mega ship. They also run a lot of 9-14 day cruises, which gives people more time in the warm weather. IMHO catering to the largest population cluster in the country is smart business. NYC is morning of cruise drivable for everyone from Portland, ME to Washington DC.

Well said, I agree 100%.

Haven't been on the Gem but I can tell you the Epic sucks and the operations on the Sun are far lacking for the same size Carnival ship (Fantasy class).

The Epic is my favorite ship, not sure why you think it sucks. Going on the Jade in Oct, I know it can't be any worse than the Fantasy-class ships.

The Epic is my favorite ship, not sure why you think it sucks. Going on the Jade in Oct, I know it can't be any worse than the Fantasy-class ships.

While I have never sailed on the Epic, it is by far the ugliest ship afloat IMHO.

So how did that go? Kind of like a Yalta conference (Stalin, FDR and Churchill)? I suspect there was no dancing in the streets discussion.....;)

How is 120 per day for NCL with UBP vs 156 a day on glory WITHOUT Cheers a higher cruise price?:D

So how did that go? Kind of like a Yalta conference (Stalin, FDR and Churchill)? I suspect there was no dancing in the streets discussion.....;)

Actually it went BRILLIANTLY LOL:D:D

I've sailed both Carnival and NCL recently. Both are more similar than different. I would give an edge in operations to NCL. I never went to an NCL bar that had less than two bartenders working it. On my cruise on the Pride last month, they kept one bar open on the Lido at night with one bartender. She also had to serve popcorn for the movies, and was obviously in the weeds.

Where is the BRILLIANT button? :D :D