Anyone cruise princess star?

AceAnim8r

What is your opinion of princess star? What did you enjoy? What didn't you enjoy? Karen and Darrell

Just got off the Star from a 14 day Alaska cruise.

The only problem we had was the air flow in our inside cabin on Plaza deck

wasn't very good. Skywalkers was unusable due to a water leak in one window.

Otherwise everything was up to the usual Princess standards.

If you get a chance . Take the "Ultimate Ships Tour " it's not to be missed.

What is your opinion of princess star? What did you enjoy? What didn't you enjoy? Karen and Darrell
We have cruised 90 days on the Star Princess. It was the 3rd Grand Class ship built. All the original lounges are still there. It has a full fairly wide promenade. There are a total of 5 pools. Two are for adults and one is an indoor pool. The buffet service counters were improved during a dry dock a few years ago, I think in December 2011. The Star also has the International Cafe. I enjoyed all my days on the Star and would sail on her again.

We have cruised 90 days on the Star Princess. It was the 3rd Grand Class ship built. All the original lounges are still there. It has a full fairly wide promenade.

Please correct me if I am wrong......

Thought the Grand/Star/Golden had the narrower Promenade deck?

I know the Sapphire/Diamond/Coral/Island have fantastic ones.

Oh. It stank up the whole place? Must have been some mighty mold! :)

We got a lot rain of this trip . The outside glass had a big hole in it . The inner pane had a steady leak into the lining of the ceiling and dripped onto the carpet on the floor. The leak supposedly been leaking for a few months.

We got a lot rain of this trip . The outside glass had a big hole in it . The inner pane had a steady leak into the lining of the ceiling and dripped onto the carpet on the floor. The leak supposedly been leaking for a few months.

This is really disappointing!

No one is available to fix a leak for months or replace a window? Do these repairs require a drydock?

This is really disappointing!

No one is available to fix a leak for months or replace a window? Do these repairs require a drydock?

Not making an excuse but.......

These windows are 100-150ft in the air. I would think it would have to be done in dry dock with a crane of some kind.

On the Sapphire last year there was the same issue in Skywalkers with one of the windows.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We just got off a B2B on the Star. We thought she was in great shape and would definitely sail on her again. We went to Skywalkers several times during the cruises for the elite/platinum lounge and never noticed any odors or leaking windows. Not saying it wasn't an issue, just that we never noticed it.

It's a pet peeve of mine but I hate when people don't know the name of the ship they are sailing on. The ship is named the Star Princess not the princess star. Its a small thing but it bugs the heck out of me whenever I see this error.

That said I've sailed on her several times, the last Nov 2014. Have no complaints, she was in fine shape last time I was aboard. Skywalkers is a great place to read and watch the views, I also love the promenade deck. Enjoy your cruise.

It's a pet peeve of mine but I hate when people don't know the name of the ship they are sailing on. The ship is named the Star Princess not the princess star. Its a small thing but it bugs the heck out of me whenever I see this error.

I took it to mean "the Princess ship called Star." These seem to be people who have not sailed on her but are considering doing so.

We just did the 10 day Princess Lodges (Fairbanks, Denali and McKinley) and Star Princess Cruise and absolutely loved it! I went up and read in the Skywalker in the mornings and loved it. Alaska was beautiful and Princess was super organized. We couldn't have asked for a better time!

I took it to mean "the Princess ship called Star." .

Just a minor quibble and to agree with DougH's thoughts, it's the "Princess ship called Star Princess". Princess is part of its name, not just an indicator of the cruise line. I notice a lot of Carnival cruisers used to ships names like Carnival Ecstasy using the phraseology of Princess Star or similar. While that may not be the case with the OP, it does help to use the correct name no matter what cruise line.