Upset by P & O!!!

tps

That is certainly a possibility, particularly with auto reminders from both the cruise lines and travel agents.

Why would the cruise line and travel agent issue auto reminders when they have been paid anyway. The problem was sorted out in a few days. No way would that affect a credit history for someone who has never ever had this problem before.

People think that if you email "The Boss" then more will be done. Not so. All large organisations ( and I was the "Boss" of one) have systems in place to filter complaints so that they are dealt with as low down the food chain as can be effective. If they didn't, then the Boss would spend all day every day receiving correspondance about relatively trivial items and wouldn't be able to manage the organisation which s/he is paid to do!

It only gets up to Manging Director level if staff at lower levels do not deal competently and the problem escalates.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that a CEO deals with a complaint personally, however, from a reputational perspective when a complaint is raised with them the subsequent resolution is often prioritised. I would try to complain via an advised route but if there was a failure to rectify the situation in a timely manner I would escalate in this way.

People think that if you email "The Boss" then more will be done. Not so. All large organisations ( and I was the "Boss" of one) have systems in place to filter complaints so that they are dealt with as low down the food chain as can be effective. If they didn't, then the Boss would spend all day every day receiving correspondance about relatively trivial items and wouldn't be able to manage the organisation which s/he is paid to do!

It only gets up to Manging Director level if staff at lower levels do not deal competently and the problem escalates.

I got a reply last night at 8.40pm regarding a issue, the reply was quite informal with extracts from my email and was just signed Christopher.

Looked like he replied himself and not a auto email?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a reply last night at 8.40pm regarding a issue, the reply was quite informal with extracts from my email and was just signed Christopher.

Looked like he replied himself and not a auto email?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My PA used to answer emails signing them as though she were me. Then she would pass the issue to the member of staff who should be dealing with it. I never saw these emails unless a serious problem arose.