Upset by P & O!!!

tps

My travel agent gives 7% discount off the P&O website price...you should be getting some sort of discount if using a TA..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to say that over the years I have had some additional discounts via the travel agent or additional OBC given by them usually on our more expensive purchases .But actually the P and O cruises I've just booked are far from expensive I would go as far as to say they were cheap ! so I'm quite happy with the price

Glyn

I received a call this morning from a very nice lady who introduced herself as phoning on behalf of Christopher Edginton, P & O director. She couldn't apologise enough and went on to explain that it was a bug in their computers which had caused this to happen. She said I wasn't the only one it had happened to so I hope you've all checked your bank accounts since Monday. She said that any costs I'd incurred were to be paid by P & O and also offered me a free bottle of champagne in my cabin. When I explained that we would already be receiving one (perks of booking a superior deluxe cabin) she offered me £50 onboard credit instead which she said was the equivalent to the cost of the champagne. It must be the good stuff then! :) I accepted the onboard credit but more importantly I'm just glad it's all sorted.

So chaps, if you've recently paid for your holiday direct with P & O I'd check your accounts.

Hi P&O SUE

Dont think I said OBC shows on personaliser it only shows on your booking confirmation, although it was Canuguess who asked the question. Dont recall mentioning OBC 😕

Yes sorry it was Canugess! I can only blame looking on my phone very early in the morning :D

I received a call this morning from a very nice lady who introduced herself as phoning on behalf of Christopher Edginton, P & O director. She couldn't apologise enough and went on to explain that it was a bug in their computers which had caused this to happen. She said I wasn't the only one it had happened to so I hope you've all checked your bank accounts since Monday. She said that any costs I'd incurred were to be paid by P & O and also offered me a free bottle of champagne in my cabin. When I explained that we would already be receiving one (perks of booking a superior deluxe cabin) she offered me £50 onboard credit instead which she said was the equivalent to the cost of the champagne. It must be the good stuff then! :) I accepted the onboard credit but more importantly I'm just glad it's all sorted.

So chaps, if you've recently paid for your holiday direct with P & O I'd check your accounts.

I must admit P&O are good at sorting out problems that are their fault, in March we booked the Oceana repositioning to Italy and was not told about the free coach travel from the airport, we booked our own coach and when we found out about the free coach P&O refunded our costs..

Glad your all sorted..[emoji106]

Ha ha, I've never seen that much OBC and I am on a 21 nighter. I have to say I've never seen anything in the shops that appeals to me. I wish they would get a different supplier. Enjoy anyway.

TBO it's the most we've ever had, we booked when they were doing the double OBC offer.

After tips we will have £1000 to spend, 4-5 tours, wine package, a few drinks at night and several speciality dining options and there won't be much left..:)

Just to go back to the original post regarding being charged twice for your cruise balance. I've just booked our first two P and O cruises and used our usual travel agent, so I pay them and not P and O directly by doing this it should stop the chance of this happening. I checked the cruises price on the website for booking direct with P and O and there was no difference and I still got the OBC . We have a fabulous lady at our travel agent who sorts everything out, even a pretty hefty complaint I had on our last cruise which she sorted with the cruise line to a very satisfactory conclusion. My advice for what it's worth, use a travel agent let them sort the problems out

Glyn

The reason I book direct with P and O is because the travel agents want your balance weeks before P and O do. Would rather hang onto the money for a few weeks more:eek:

The reason I book direct with P and O is because the travel agents want your balance weeks before P and O do. Would rather hang onto the money for a few weeks more:eek:

Pay ours off month by month from when we book, hate the big balance [emoji50]

It shouldn't have happened but I'm sure you agree that shows how good a company P&O are. I'm pleased you had a good outcome.

I have always found our TA is prepared to defer payment for us if we ask.

My TA only wants the money 2 weeks before P&O, and anyway, with interest rates as low as they are now, I would rather have the extra discount they give me on the price than worry about paying it slightly earlier.

My TA only wants the money 2 weeks before P&O, and anyway, with interest rates as low as they are now, I would rather have the extra discount they give me on the price than worry about paying it slightly earlier.

I would be concerned that something would happen in the few weeks I had paid the balance before I needed to. I am a bit of a worrier:)

We have just had this happen too! All nine of our DD's were reversed because of it so expecting charges. I will be emailing Christopher Edgington for the charges to be reimbursed. Pleased some one pointed me in the direction of this thread.

We have just had this happen too! All nine of our DD's were reversed because of it so expecting charges. I will be emailing Christopher Edgington for the charges to be reimbursed. Pleased some one pointed me in the direction of this thread.

I don't think you need to go that far up the chain to get the charges re-imbursed.

OK, so obviously it shouldn't have happened but I don't doubt that P&O will cover the costs you have incurred and hopefully offer you something by way of apology but to think that it will affect your credit history is getting carried away a bit.

If you had arranged to pay automatically and then paid a few days early then this may be where the problem occurred. Did you check this when you paid?

In any event, it will get sorted out and I do hope you don't let it affect your holiday.

That is certainly a possibility, particularly with auto reminders from both the cruise lines and travel agents.

Oh No. I hadn't thought of that. This day just gets worse!!!

You can request a copy of your credit ref without agreeing to the monthly charge, you send them a chq and they will send you a copy back by post, we had to do this when someone stole my husbands ID and ordered goods from a catalogue to be sent to a different address, it was picked up and treated as fraud but if ever he needs his ID checking at a bank etc. it is still on his record even though it was not him.

People think that if you email "The Boss" then more will be done. Not so. All large organisations ( and I was the "Boss" of one) have systems in place to filter complaints so that they are dealt with as low down the food chain as can be effective. If they didn't, then the Boss would spend all day every day receiving correspondance about relatively trivial items and wouldn't be able to manage the organisation which s/he is paid to do!

It only gets up to Manging Director level if staff at lower levels do not deal competently and the problem escalates.