Turkey - anyone worried?

Of course thanks to autocorrect that came out "bothered" when I meant "berthed."

I was on that ship on Sept. 18. It was the Constellation. I departed at 11:00pm. We enjoyed the sailaway from the Seaview Bar. It was supposed to have stayed overnight and depart Sept. 19 at 5pm, but a little over a week before departure, passengers were informed of the itinerary change. The late departure on Sept. 18 was due to the many passengers who booked flights to arrive Sept. 18 when they thought there was an overnight so believed the same day arrival for embarkation would not be a risk.

Celebrity certainly did overnight a ship in Istanbul recently and here is a photo to prove it. We saw the ship bothered there on Sept. 18 from the rooftop of our hotel . [ATTACH]365099[/ATTACH]

I puzzled over this as I know you have posted it before, and someone I know was also on the Sept 18th sailing and confirmed the ship departed.

I looked up Celebrity schedules and they had another ship coming in early the following morning. So perhaps you saw it berthed in the same space next day and thought it was the same ship?

Ok, the late evening departure explains it. My photo was taken at about 7:30PM so I incorrectly assumed it was overnighting there. I was actually surprised to see the Seabourn Odyssey parked in front of it ( you can make out a tiny portion to the left) as friends we were on a Culinary tour that day were embarking on her the next day and Seabourn rarely overnights in Istanbul.

Sailing on NCL on 10/24 and haven't heard anything about them dropping any Turkish ports. We currently have Ephesus and Istanbul. On the board for the 10/12 sailing they hadn't heard of them dropping any ports.

Either way, I'm not afraid to go to these places. The last bombing it seems was because of a peaceful protest. I think if you avoid any gatherings with political agendas in those areas it should be safe to go towards the more tourist areas.