Regent's birthday card

I find this thread rather amusing. The "nice recognition" and warm feelings people get from receiving a card are, of course, what Regent is going for -- but it's a simple matter of having a computer program split them out based on what's in a database. No one at Regent is personally thinking about you, or sending their best wishes!

On the other hand, some people say (mostly in jest, I assume) they wish they'd get a cruise discount instead of the expense of sending of a card. Well, it probably costs Regent $1 -- heck, let's say $2, if it's printed on fancy stock -- to send the cards. Would anyone actually be happy with a $2 discount off their next cruise in lieu of a card? ;)

For my birthday, I get a free burger from Red Robin... Marriott gives an Elite night credit... Old Navy sent a $10 coupon... Various local restaurants send coupons for a free drink, a free dessert, a free appetizer -- so many that I've started using different birthdates when I sign up for any such loyalty programs now, because we just can't use all the emailed coupons that come in around our birthdays!. So a card from Regent is, to me, merely a marketing tactic -- and, sadly, less valuable than a free ice cream treat nearby. :)

Eric

For my birthday, I get a free burger from Red Robin... Marriott gives an Elite night credit... Old Navy sent a $10 coupon... Various local restaurants send coupons for a free drink, a free dessert, a free appetizer -- so many that I've started using different birthdates when I sign up for any such loyalty programs now, because we just can't use all the emailed coupons that come in around our birthdays!. So a card from Regent is, to me, merely a marketing tactic -- and, sadly, less valuable than a free ice cream treat nearby. :)

Eric

What a good idea Eric! I find the same thing happens to me. Most of the coupons have to be used within 1-2 weeks. I am going to start using different birthdates. Thanks! :D

Hey, guys, lighten up! It started out as a light hearted thread, for heavens sake, because I wondered (in jest, please mind you) if my 100 yr. old husband would get a card after all our years of cruising with the Regent (Radisson when we started, of course).

Hey, guys, lighten up! It started out as a light hearted thread, for heavens sake, because I wondered (in jest, please mind you) if my 100 yr. old husband would get a card after all our years of cruising with the Regent (Radisson when we started, of course).

Agree that this thread was beginning to take a more serious tone which was not the intention. The one thing that your posts have made me think of is how much I want my husband to reach his 100th birthday. Had his mum lived one more month, she would have reached her 100th. It is such a blessing that your husband and you were able to celebrate such an amazing birthday:D

Well, hasn't happened yet!! But 8/23 isn't far off. Regent still has 6 days to come through! But seriously, I hope all you posters live long lives and travel right up to your late 90's as we did. There were some falls, sure and one time I had pneumonia but boy did we see the world! So, good health to all of you and smooth sailing always. Jean Noll

Well, hasn't happened yet!! But 8/23 isn't far off. Regent still has 6 days to come through! But seriously, I hope all you posters live long lives and travel right up to your late 90's as we did. There were some falls, sure and one time I had pneumonia but boy did we see the world! So, good health to all of you and smooth sailing always. Jean Noll

You are an inspiration -- thank you!:)

I find this thread rather amusing. The "nice recognition" and warm feelings people get from receiving a card are, of course, what Regent is going for -- but it's a simple matter of having a computer program split them out based on what's in a database. No one at Regent is personally thinking about you, or sending their best wishes!

Oh, dang - you mean it's a computer glitch when some people don't get a card!;)

So much for all those happy warm feelings these cards bring to our hearts.... :rolleyes:

~Benita

JGN: Congratulations on reaching such an impressive milestone. I've I make it that far, it's most likely by a miracle or I'm a recipient of a complete organ replacement surgery.

POSS made a great point. REGENT make it official and get that card out ASAP!

Well, I'm down to three days before reaching 55 :eek: and decided that I'm not going to hold my breadth waiting for my card. :D I will, instead, smoke some ribs, grill a steak Florentine and some veggies, and wash it down with Hendrick's and Prosecco.

Z and TB

JGN: Congratulations on reaching such an impressive milestone. I've I make it that far, it's most likely by a miracle or I'm a recipient of a complete organ replacement surgery.

POSS made a great point. REGENT make it official and get that card out ASAP!

Well, I'm down to three days before reaching 55 :eek: and decided that I'm not going to hold my breadth waiting for my card. :D I will, instead, smoke some ribs, grill a steak Florentine and some veggies, and wash it down with Hendrick's and Prosecco.

Z and TB

Am I invited for dinner?:D My birthday is now past (had great lobster) and didn't miss the computer generated birthday card. Must say that this is a unique thread.

BTW, Happy Birthday "almost" old man!

Am I invited for dinner?:D My birthday is now past (had great lobster) and didn't miss the computer generated birthday card. Must say that this is a unique thread.

BTW, Happy Birthday "almost" old man!

Zqueeze1: I like your style!

OK. You guys are invited if you can make it to Pembroke Pines, FL by 4PM on Friday! Don't forget to bring me a card in lieu of Regent's!!!

Z and TB

It isn't just birthday cards! After a great June/July cruise on the Voyager, we sent Regent Headquarters a "thank you" note and enclosed our granddaughters comments on the cruise (Regent doesn't give comment cards to those under 18). We got back a nice, but form, letter thanking us for "...giving high marks to Oceania Cruises.."!

It isn't just birthday cards! After a great June/July cruise on the Voyager, we sent Regent Headquarters a "thank you" note and enclosed our granddaughters comments on the cruise (Regent doesn't give comment cards to those under 18). We got back a nice, but form, letter thanking us for "...giving high marks to Oceania Cruises.."!

Had to read that post twice before I laughed. They aren't too mixed up are they:p

OK, birthday came and went and not one card from Regent :confused:. I, however, drowned my sorrows with my Hendrick's and tonic water with quartered strawberries swimming in it. The Boss made a wonderful dinner for ourselves and a few friends followed by presents.

Z and TB

This is a funny thread....we are Titanium and never received a birthday card from Regent, that's ok.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I want to say hi to Jean and wish Clyde a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. What a fabulous milestone to such a wonderful man. I'm so happy we had the pleasure to cruise with you two when you were still cruising. You & Clyde will forever be young at heart ❤️

Thank you so much, Marcie! We miss you all so much. Clyde had three big parties so he was well feted by friends and particularly family. Both sides were here-all 25 of us. BUT, NO card from Regent! Big boo- I'm sure we were erased from any card sending long ago but will never stop getting their brochures!! That's ok, Clyde still loves to look at them and dream! But he does think their prices are ridiculous! (We were a couple who wanted an " opt-out" choice when they went all inclusive.). Thanks all for putting up with this conversation-I know it's "off topic"[emoji51]

I received my birthday card in the mail yesterday. My birthday is next week and have received one for at least the last couple of years. I have been travelling with Regent for only 5 years and off and on at that. Maybe it is the newer additions to the mail list have been tagged for this.

Happy Birthday forevertravel! Our intent is good but apparently our execution was flawed this time. Can you contact me directly so that I can clear this up?

And happy birthday to Joseph as well, in case you receive the wrong card.

Randall Soy, RSSC

Randall-

I received my card this week and even though I have no cruises booked this year, I had warm fuzzy feeling when I opened the envelope.

Thx

Tina