One more question about Wine, please?

We are traveling on the LOS in a week. I am booked in a room with my 16 year old granddaughter and my daughter is booked into the adjoining room with another 16 year old girl.(granddaughters bestie)

The girls will stay in one cabin together and my daughter and I will share the other cabin. Since they are only 16, each of them had to be booked with an adult.

Now, the wine question.....Can both my adult daughter and I bring 2 bottles EACH on board? I am confused as to whether it is 2 bottles per cabin ( we have 2 cabins) or 2 bottles for each of the adults? Naturally, the 16 year olds will not have wine in their cabin! We don't want to pack 4 bottles of wine in our carry-ons, if there is a risk of 2 being taken away. We also don't want to only pack 2 if we are allowed to actually pack 4! Can never have too much wine!

Thanks for helping!

We are traveling on the LOS in a week. I am booked in a room with my 16 year old granddaughter and my daughter is booked into the adjoining room with another 16 year old girl.(granddaughters bestie)

The girls will stay in one cabin together and my daughter and I will share the other cabin. Since they are only 16, each of them had to be booked with an adult.

Now, the wine question.....Can both my adult daughter and I bring 2 bottles EACH on board? I am confused as to whether it is 2 bottles per cabin ( we have 2 cabins) or 2 bottles for each of the adults? Naturally, the 16 year olds will not have wine in their cabin! We don't want to pack 4 bottles of wine in our carry-ons, if there is a risk of 2 being taken away. We also don't want to only pack 2 if we are allowed to actually pack 4! Can never have too much wine!

Thanks for helping!

Its 2 bottles for every cabin that has an adult booked in it. It doesn't matter how many adults, as long as there is at least 1.

• 2 months later...

we have 4 cabins so plan to bring on 8 bottles of wine to our ship. What is the best way to carry it on board...can we leave them all together in a partial case and write the 4 cabin numbers on the box? or does each couple have to carry them individually 2 at a time when boarding? all 8 of us plan to board together at the same time

we have 4 cabins so plan to bring on 8 bottles of wine to our ship. What is the best way to carry it on board...can we leave them all together in a partial case and write the 4 cabin numbers on the box? or does each couple have to carry them individually 2 at a time when boarding? all 8 of us plan to board together at the same time

For the least hassle, I'd have no one person carry on more than two bottles.

Is "carry on" the same as dropping bags at curbside? Or is it actually carrying on and toting around while waiting for rooms to become available?

Carry-on is actually carrying on, putting the stuff through an airport type scanner, and toting until the staterooms open.

Just back from a week on IOS. We both carry wine on in our backpacks the day of departure and also have always (5 RCCL cruises now) put wine in our checked luggage. Those in checked luggage are in 'wine diapers' bought from Amazon and have never had an issue with either breakage or security/naughty room...

Just back from a week on IOS. We both carry wine on in our backpacks the day of departure and also have always (5 RCCL cruises now) put wine in our checked luggage. Those in checked luggage are in 'wine diapers' bought from Amazon and have never had an issue with either breakage or security/naughty room...

Thanks. What I just read on the RCCL site doesn't specify carry on vs checked. Does it matter? Or it is just a safety/security thing to carry it?

For the least hassle, I'd have no one person carry on more than two bottles.

I second this. Security stopped me with my 4 bottles. I was quickly able to explain that we had 2 cabins and they took me at my word, but next time I'll have my dh carry 2 of them.

Koohiichan

Went on a cruise with family, 3 cabins, I was the moron who decided to carry-on 6 bottles. Thankfully I had the setsail paperwork for all 3 cabins and the last names matched up.

That being said, I would guess a lot of multi-cabin cruisers probably all bring a lot of extra wine on board using this loophole. One cruise I went on I had 2 bottles of wine I left in my prepacked luggage from a PREVIOUS cruise that I had forgotten about, plus my 2 I had in my carry-on.

Too many loopholes for them to properly manage, but I'm sure not a lot of people risk it. I honestly prefer just buying on board rather than dealing with remembering to bring a bottle to dinner or running to the room if I want a glass of wine on deck somewhere. Yes, alcohol is expensive on ship, but I personally don't drink often so it's a hassle for me. I always leave the ship with full closed bottles.

So the people checking for 2 in checked bags and the people checking for 2 in the carry-ons are not talking to each other in the lest bit? Probably not an issue for us since we have 6 cabins, all with the same last name, but it's good to know loopholes exist if needed. :)