Cruise directors

We had Jaimee and Bell on Freedom this June. I thought they worked well together. Loved Chubby Bunny

We were on FOS a few weeks ago and LOVED Chubby Bunny! Jamie was with Cruzin Susan on our week and she was funny too. Unfortunately, Jamie's Mum got ill so we only had him for 1/2 the week, but thankfully, she was ok.

John Blair is the worst CD I have EVER had! I agree that John is just full of himself!!! I think John and his wife make a horrible team.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you! They sucked the fun out of pretty much every activity!

Leigh from Independence of the seas is an AMAZING cruise director, let alone overall SWELL person.

I think Leigh and Frank are the dream team, and their morning shows on RCTV were fantastic. My family and I had the pleasure of meeting this dynamic duo on Explorer of the seas and we fell in love with them. We were thrilled to learn that they were working as a team again on Independence of the seas.

On the first night of the cruise, we saw Leigh and Frank getting ready to film the morning show and we stopped and introduced ourselves as well as our new 1 year old son. Frank and Leigh were not only gracious to us, they were beyond kind to us often inviting us to sit and talk with them as well as cooing and holding our baby son Joshua. They would even showcase him on their show whenever they saw us.

I never saw a more hardworking and down to earth pair than these two gentlemen. There is NOTHING inappropriate in how the conduct themselves or run the activities or shows aboard the ship. In fact, if there is even a chance a show or activity has the potential to get racy, they strongly advise parents of young children NOT to attend these events. It is not for Leigh or Frank to parent a guests children or shield them from inappropriateness, that is the job of the Guest who is the parent.

My overall experience with these guys has been positive, not once but TWICE.

They are an ASSET to the Royal Caribbean Team.

Anna Bass was the worst CD we had, the best was Gordon Whatman. Luke Arrowsmith had the potential to be another great CD except he left all the work to his then AD (who has since been promoted to CD).

We've got Graham Seymour as CD on our upcoming cruise in November. From what I've heard he's a pretty good CD.

...We've got Graham Seymour as CD on our upcoming cruise in November. From what I've heard he's a pretty good CD.

We think Graham is one of the best. He does his own late night comedy. His morning shows are hilarious.

John Blair is the worst CD I have EVER had! I agree that John is just full of himself!!! I think John and his wife make a horrible team.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you! They sucked the fun out of pretty much every activity!

I raise you a Drew P who was on Liberty last March and then somehow he had done time on Quantum!?! Drew was the worst self indulgent, serving CD Ever! Drew was phoning everything in!

Now CD Steve Davis and Marvin were great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We think Graham is one of the best. He does his own late night comedy. His morning shows are hilarious.

Thanks Bob! That's great to hear.

My brother in law and his family had Graham as CD on their first cruise and they said he was funny!!

Amy is so horrible! We never really paid attention to the cruise directors until we were on Oasis with her in 2010... She was soooo boring and thought she was funny. The Quest wasn't even worth going to! We like a little inappropriateness since it is an adult event!

Yeah, she was horrible in every way. The Quest was so bad with her, it was more tame than the Disney version. Just boring.

It also seemed like all the staff disliked her, none of them ever seemed happy, definitely the lowest energy cruise director staff I'd ever been around. She also didn't schedule any of the normal daytime events (belly flop, adult dodgeball, trivia, etc) until the last day. So there was nothing going on all week, until the last day and then you had to pick and choose what you wanted to do more.

Spacy had some annoying traits but overall he was fine. Other than that I've enjoyed every CD I've had (6 total).

Okay so I'm fresh off of my first cruise and I gotta say with all due respect and in every loving way that any human deserves - the cruise director on the independence of the seas is a bit wacky. Okay not a bit. He is nuts. Bordering on inappropriate at times, with a dirty questionably kid-not-so-friendly humor and juvenile personality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people love him. But he certainly wasn't in good taste for me.

Are all cruise directors trained to be this nutty or is Leigh just a special case?

The things I enjoyed was on the tv when he would go around and show you how the food was cooked or how the ship recycles, etc. the informative stuff was good although he did make many inappropriate jokes along the way.

What has been your experience with cruise directors? My wife really got to dislike him and every time I would see him on the tv or around he ship, I would say IT'S YOUR FAVORITE GUY!!!! ITS LEEEEEEEEIGHHHHHHH

It's hard to determine what is meant by your generalizations...such as in good taste ...or inappropriate jokes

:)

Next to Leigh, Graham is our next favorite, a very close 2nd :D. I also thought his AM show was better:rolleyes:

We've had the John Blair on Grandeur, Graham on Freedom, Topi Ylonen on Serenade, and Carlos Torres on Majesty. LOVED Graham, thought Topi and Carlos were about average (although I liked Topi a little better than Carlos), and hated Blair. Graham has a very British sense of humor - think Mr. Bean or Monty Python for his morning shows. In fact...

[YOUTUBE]mF7iI2x1ndY[/YOUTUBE]

as well (although there's some material from his late night comedy show, so it's NSFW)

He's a great singer too - one of his hallmarks is to sing "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol at the farewell show.

Graham is great. I don't usually pay much attention to who the CD is, but he was just so funny. Really enjoyed his morning show. There isn't a whole lot that can make me laugh out loud at 8 am, but he did!:D