Can I still take advantage of Luggage Valet after flight change?

PK34

I am on the Allure TA in October. When I booked my flight back home I chose a flight that was after 11:30. I am in a Crown Loft Suite and would like to use the free luggage valet service if I can. The only problem is my flight departure has changed. Now instead of 11:30am my flight leaves at 10:45am. Any chance that they'll still let me use luggage valet? I have a feeling I will be lugging my suitcases with me:(

I am on the Allure TA in October. When I booked my flight back home I chose a flight that was after 11:30. I am in a Crown Loft Suite and would like to use the free luggage valet service if I can. The only problem is my flight departure has changed. Now instead of 11:30am my flight leaves at 10:45am. Any chance that they'll still let me use luggage valet? I have a feeling I will be lugging my suitcases with me:(

You can ask, but be prepared for them to deny your request. I've seen them allow flights of 11:29 or 11:25, but not as early as yours.

On cruises that originate in another country I believe you will find that Luggage Valet is not available regardless of flight times.

Shak

It makes no difference where the ship departs from. The ship is arriving in Fort Lauderdale where the OP is disembarking and where Luggage Valet is available.

Edited by cruisenfever

It makes no difference where the ship departs from. The ship is arriving in Fort Lauderdale where the OP is disembarking and where Luggage Valet is available.

On my last TA that ended in Ft Lauderdale Luggage Valet was not available. In Oct I am sailing on a repo from Quebec to Ft Lauderdale and RCI told me Luggage Valet would not be available for that reason.

Shak

On my last TA that ended in Ft Lauderdale Luggage Valet was not available. In Oct I am sailing on a repo from Quebec to Ft Lauderdale and RCI told me Luggage Valet would not be available for that reason.

Shak

It could be that those cruises typically take much longer to process the guests through customs since they are not closed end cruises. That might consume enough time to mess up the luggage valet process.

Edited by clarea

Shak

Darn. We have heard about the Luggage Valet program and thought we would use it on that October cruise. I have never been able to use it and it looks like it will be on another cruise down the line.

Shak

Yes, this can be true,, happened to us and not new. Ships that have been away from fll for an extended period of time have to have a new contract negotiated for LV and that's all done shore side, not by the ship. Also the present crew has to be trained on LV. It also can affect sailings for a couple weeks after the ship is back.

So, LV might/might not be offered to the op. They will have to wait till they are on the cruise to find out

Edited by setsail

With that change in flight time, you could call the airline and get changed to a different flight at no extra cost.

Not necessarily ... No change fee, but a lot of the time (if not always) the replacement flight is at prevailing rates.

Not necessarily ... No change fee, but a lot of the time (if not always) the replacement flight is at prevailing rates.

Not when they've changed it like that. The OP shold look up later flights on the airline (and also see about other airlines) and call to tell them that they've changed it so much that they have made it impossible and to change it to a later one. If nothing else exists, know the cost of the flights on other airlines, and see if a full refund (when an airline changes it significantly, and 45 minutes can indeed count as that, they WILL give a refund even on a nonrefundable fare) will work to buy airfare on another line.