Fots 1700

Love #1400 and #1700. Much bigger than the other aft cabins. They have the famous pole but it really doesn't get in the way. You get used to it being there. Cabin is very large .... More like a junior suite. If you google the cabin number for either the Freedom or the Independence there are several videos. Had #1400 on a TA and it was a big hit on our meet and mingle cabin crawl. Huge balcony too.

We have cabin 1700 on our October Liberty cruise! Same layout as Freedom! So excited to have that HUGE room and HUGE balcony! We also had 1688 on Explorer or was it Adventure?? which is the same setup. Enjoy!

When you are booking a cruise on RCI's website, after you have chosen the cabin type, it will assign you a cabin. You have the option to change your cabin number. Put in the cabin number that you prefer and it will search to see if it available. If it says it is not available, call RCI directly. I remember being so dissappointed when a certain aft was not available, so I called and lo and behold, it really was available. Not sure if they hold back these prime rooms for some reason! Or maybe because we were sailing with 2 people and typically these are 4 person rooms. Not sure! Good luck getting those wonderful aft balconies!

Lauri

I am super excited!! I looked online and saw that 1700 was available for 9/20/15 so I snatched it up!! Anyone have this room before?

I have had the deck 10 corner aft cabins many times. Coincidentally, the two times we were upgraded on those ships we were booked in the corner aft!

I have #1400 in Oct. I had no idea about the room until i saw a video of it on youtube and i was like yes i need that room. lol.

Take care of 1400! It will be ours the week after your cruise!

When I have a corner aft, I mark my preferences do not upgrade...I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! :)

I hear ya, it was a tough call. But the first time we took the JS and were upgraded AGAIN during check-in at the pier...couldn't complain about that Grand Suite at all, lol!

Terri - never forget that screen name! I remember we love that same cabin. Also got upgraded once from there. I have changed my name here on CC but hello fro your trash talking friend from Green Bay!

Wow! Long time no see! As soon as I saw your post and where you were from I knew who you were. I know you two came up in a conversation between Jeff and I a few months ago, something to do with trash, as I recall, lol. Yes, we did talk about those cabins during one of our cruises together! We likely had one on the first cruise where we met, Mariner.

BTW, circumstances since we last met dictate that I could change my CC name to "GrandmaDHair", but I'm not going there, lol! ;)

Wow! Long time no see! As soon as I saw your post and where you were from I knew who you were. I know you two came up in a conversation between Jeff and I a few months ago, something to do with trash, as I recall, lol. Yes, we did talk about those cabins during one of our cruises together! We likely had one on the first cruise where we met, Mariner.

BTW, circumstances since we last met dictate that I could change my CC name to "GrandmaDHair", but I'm not going there, lol! ;)

Thanks Terri. Hard to post here and I don't want to put my email out ........so sad to tell you Desi passed away in January 2014. Totally unexpected ......he had a massive heart attack. It has been a difficult 18 months. So much to tell you. I have stayed in touch with some cruising friends. Actually went on the Independence in June ......went with an old friend from Illinois. It was her first cruise so very different. I am thinking of trying a solo - just need to get my courage together! Hope to sail with you again.

Thanks Terri. Hard to post here and I don't want to put my email out ........so sad to tell you Desi passed away in January 2014. Totally unexpected ......he had a massive heart attack. It has been a difficult 18 months. So much to tell you. I have stayed in touch with some cruising friends. Actually went on the Independence in June ......went with an old friend from Illinois. It was her first cruise so very different. I am thinking of trying a solo - just need to get my courage together! Hope to sail with you again.

Oh wow Pat, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope to sail with you again, too. You can email me at my address, it's aol and the same as my CC name.

I am super excited!! I looked online and saw that 1700 was available for 9/20/15 so I snatched it up!! Anyone have this room before?

You should be excited! We had 1400 once and it was all kinds of awesome! Congrats :D