Captain’s Table

HuaAZ

We are on the Navigator this week and we finally made top cruiser. I thought at least we will get a good meal at the Captain’s table but much to my surprise, we were told that the Navigator no longer has a Captain’s table. We were also told that this is going fleet wide. Has anyone heard about this or did I just miss the memo. Someone tell me that this not fleet wide as I have always liked this little perk.

Duane

I know there was no Captain's dinner on our cruise on Navigator last September, but I've not heard that was a fleetwide practice.

Edited by clarea

As various ships have gone into dry dock and added additional cabins, tables to accommodate these passengers have had to be added to the Main Dining Room. To make space for these tables the large, center, Captain's Table has been removed (on some of these ships).

This was explained to us on the Oasis. Instead of having dinner with the Captain in the Main Dining Room we had lunch with him and two other officers plus a few guests in Giovannis.

Lunch or dinner with the Captain in a speciality restaurant is a vast improvement over holding the event in the MDR because we could carry on an excellent conversation.

This was also the case on the Allure in March.

The Quantum class has no designated table. On the Quantum the captain picked the dining room or speciality restaurant that suited his taste for that particular night.

Edited by beachnative

I was on the July 5 FOS cruise last month. We sat right next to the captain's table. It looked like they had place cards and were served different food than we were. The table was empty for the rest of the dinners.

We are on the Navigator this week and we finally made top cruiser. I thought at least we will get a good meal at the Captain’s table but much to my surprise, we were told that the Navigator no longer has a Captain’s table. We were also told that this is going fleet wide. Has anyone heard about this or did I just miss the memo. Someone tell me that this not fleet wide as I have always liked this little perk.

Duane

I know it's very frustrating [emoji20]. There wasn't Captain's Table in March on Navigator. It isn't fleetwide, at least not now. Just curious, how many points do you have?

This was explained to us on the Oasis. Instead of having dinner with the Captain in the Main Dining Room we had lunch with him and two other officers plus a few guests in Giovannis.

Lunch or dinner with the Captain in a speciality restaurant is a vast improvement over holding the event in the MDR because we could carry on an excellent conversation.

The Quantum class has no designated table. On the Quantum the captain picked the dining room or speciality restaurant that suited his taste for that particular night.

I agree that having lunch or dinner with the Captain and/or other officers in Giovanni's on Oasis was much more relaxed and enjoyable.

I know it's very frustrating [emoji20]. There wasn't Captain's Table in March on Navigator. It isn't fleetwide, at least not now. Just curious, how many points do you have?

Must be a slow week for Royal, no pinnacles on board. We have just over 600 points.

Must be a slow week for Royal, no pinnacles on board. We have just over 600 points.

That's summertime for you!!! LA on oasis said that in the summer months the highest cruiser sometimes just has just 200-300 points[emoji54]. You're not too far from Pinnacle. [emoji572]️

There was a "Captain's" table in May on Navigator. We were invited. However, tho' the concierge referred to it as the Captain's table, our host was actually the hotel director. Very nice menu and free flowing wine at the usual large, round table in the center of deck 3 MDR.

There was a "Captain's" table in May on Navigator. We were invited. However, tho' the concierge referred to it as the Captain's table, our host was actually the hotel director. Very nice menu and free flowing wine at the usual large, round table in the center of deck 3 MDR.

Interesting. Was Captain Frank the Master? I think whether there is a Captain's Table ( that may be hosted by another officer) may depend on who the Captain is. Captain in March and now is the same. No Captains Table. [emoji57]

Edited by ARCruisinNana

We can go lower- our recent sailing on the Adventure- we were top cruisers with all of 327 points. :D

Anyway, there was a CT on our sailing, we were not invited. Which is ok- we know that the method varies.

That being said- if the alternative is a nice lunch in a specialty with the captain- that totally rocks!!! We'd be really happy trying that!

The big table is really hard for the captain to talk with everyone- we've been lucky to be seated next to him, and a few seats away, and you can't really hear him. I really like the idea of the alternative.

I was on the July 5 FOS cruise last month. We sat right next to the captain's table. It looked like they had place cards and were served different food than we were. The table was empty for the rest of the dinners.

We were on in June and it was empty every night. Not sure I buy that the table was removed on other ships because of additional cabins. Freedom added as many as any other ships in the fleet :what: