prices are dropping.. keep checking

Our Radiance cruise in November has dropped price twice. I was able to upgrade to a GS for less than I had originally paid for the JS. No problems with getting credit for the price drops or upgrading this last time.

Keep logging in as daily they seem to be dropping prices. :)

It's funny how that is..some drop, but others go up. I booked our Oct. cruise in March and the price stayed the same right up until it sold out! Never went up or down..the only advantage I had with early booking was getting the adj. cabins we wanted.

Our Radiance cruise in November has dropped price twice. I was able to upgrade to a GS for less than I had originally paid for the JS. No problems with getting credit for the price drops or upgrading this last time.

Keep logging in as daily they seem to be dropping prices. :)

Where do you check to see if prices have dropped and how do you go about get credit if you have paid more for your cruise? Also when do the prices seem to drop closer to the departure date or early on?

I just went online to the RCC website every day. I called RCCL and they will credit your cruise. This last time I had paid in full already,, so I upgraded instead of getting a credit to my charge card that I used.

I dont know why some sailing drop prices and others dont. Our Mariner cruise last year never dropped in price. Must be a lower demand for this sailing due to the holidays??

The prices for this cruisedropped over the last two months, closer to the sailing date, but I dont know if there is rhyme or reason to when they do it.

I just went online to the RCC website every day. I called RCCL and they will credit your cruise. This last time I had paid in full already,, so I upgraded instead of getting a credit to my charge card that I used.

Would this be the case if you bought your cruise at a discount through a travel agent? Would you pro-rate the discount, or does RCC not care? If they have you for the ship and whatever is paid in full they work with the difference in their price???

Thanks for the info...

A..

Well, at least I can enjoy the savings vicariously through you guys. :D Our Radiance cruise for NEXT Septmber was locked the last time I looked, and the one after it, too. Can't even see prices.

We got a great deal on our cruise next month on the Brilliance, so I go check the prices just to stay in practice, but it would be a miracle if they dropped below what we paid. I'm not complaining; I'm happy we got a good deal from our TA.

About a month ago, after we had made final paymnt, our Jewel cruise had the JS for $200 less pp than we had paid for our balcony. I saw this on Orbitz. I called RCI, and was told it was probably an Orbitz special (that is Orbitz selling a group of cabins they had bought at their own special rate). I persisted, and asked the rep to check and see if it was available. Indeed it was, we upgraded to JS, and got a $400 refund back to our credit card. I expected the upgrade, with any luck, but the refund was a pleasant surprise since we were past final payment. We had booked directly on RCI. I posted here about it, and someone on our sailing was able to get the same. This is our first cruise on RCI, and I was impressed.

Archived