August 8th sailing----British Isles Cruise

flames9

All went well for our embarkation yesterday.....We arrived at the port at 1045 and we were on the ship in no time!! No immigration officials to deal with as they took our passports at check in. We are to get them back onboard 1 of these days! But a very easy check in....Very different from the July 15th sailing. So maybe celebrity did listen!

We were in our cabin I think around 1330 and our luggage was delivered to our cabin shortly after 2pm.

Very relaxing sea day today! I always find interesting how people comment here on CC on how people are dressed.....I could personally care less....one sees people dressed in jorts (jean shorts) with muscle shirts..... and others in nice slacks, and shirts..... who cares,lol In Blu last night people in normal jeans and shirts (without collar) etc etc etc.....Formal night #1 tonight......

Classic pkg suffices for us.....no line up issues....my rum/coke stayed full at supper!! Have had our fill of latte's!!

Great cruise thus far. Staff is fabulous as usual!

1st formal night....Lot in suits in Blu.....I just wore slacks and a long sleeve dress shirt...was more than acceptable!! Another great meal in Blu!!

Guess the Belfast arrival time has switched from early morning until 1pm!!

NOROVIRUS!!!! guess a small % of people have shown gastrointestinal issues! So they have started to condict an advanced sanitization procedure onboard!! Good times!!

Normandy and the Canadian Sectors with Label West was superb!!

1st tendered port tomorrow.....will find out tomorrow how it is handled..as were just walking around, so not overly concerned...

Great food and service continues!!

That is the last thing I would expect on a British Isles cruise. If our obsession for cleanliness doesn't get the bugs the cold of the North Sea usually does!

Seriously, I hope you keep well. We were in Wales, holidaying recently, when the ship should have docked in Holyhead and couldn't. hope your cruise goes to plan.

Sincere best wishes.

That is the last thing I would expect on a British Isles cruise. If our obsession for cleanliness doesn't get the bugs the cold of the North Sea usually does!

Seriously, I hope you keep well. We were in Wales, holidaying recently, when the ship should have docked in Holyhead and couldn't. hope your cruise goes to plan.

Sincere best wishes.

sure has not been cold...as a Canadian, I know cold,lol

Holyhead was to be docked.....but now a tendered port!!!

Have the unlimited internet package.....decent speeds.....works well even in our cabin back aft.

Edited by flames9

I do not know what you have planned for North Wales but it really is amazing.

You will be landing in the last stronghold of the Druids, with Iron Age archaeological sites nearby and history surrounding you.

We are fortunate enough to live only a couple of hours away and visit frequently. If a visit to Conwy is available you could not do better. One of the best preserved Medieval walls and castles in Europe with one of the best fish and chip shops at the bottom !

Hope the dreaded bugs keep away and your tendering goes smoothly.

I do not know what you have planned for North Wales but it really is amazing.

You will be landing in the last stronghold of the Druids, with Iron Age archaeological sites nearby and history surrounding you.

We are fortunate enough to live only a couple of hours away and visit frequently. If a visit to Conwy is available you could not do better. One of the best preserved Medieval walls and castles in Europe with one of the best fish and chip shops at the bottom !

Hope the dreaded bugs keep away and your tendering goes smoothly.

On a private tour set up by a fellow CC member....but to be honest can't recall what it is about...worry about that the night before,lol

Any chance you have the ability to scan or attach images of a Celebrity Today or 2, especially for a Sea Day?

I'm specifically interested in a listing of the musical entertainment being offered, guitar, classical, music, which DJ's etc.

Edited by cle-guy

Any chance you have the ability to scan or attach images of a Celebrity Today or 2, especially for a Sea Day?

I'm specifically interested in a listing of the musical entertainment being offered, guitar, classical, music, which DJ's etc.

.have heard 2 girls singing modern music on deck 4.....a guy and his guitar on deck 5 by the coffee shop.....last nights entertainment was a russian gal who sings, did not goto it and tonight's s phillip Brown..a UK singer..wont be going to that either. no clue about DJs

i will try and take a picture of 1 or 2 of the agenda later on.

Holyhead was to be docked.....but now a tendered port!!!

Very interested to see if you get into Holyhead. On our June cruise we could not dock, and then Celebrity cancelled the tender option 2 days prior of the port stop.

Very interested to see if you get into Holyhead. On our June cruise we could not dock, and then Celebrity cancelled the tender option 2 days prior of the port stop.

We shall see,lol I would be ok with another sea day......any day not at work is a good day....

Glad to hear all went well with ck.in!

If you get a chance would you be so kind as to see if a server, named Taz, is still at the Martini Bar? I would really appreciate it & so hoping he'll be there when we sail in Jan. :)

no promises, as martinis are not on my plans,lol

Please tell us how the tenders have worked on your tender ports. Do you need to have passes? Thanks

Were in Aqua class, and were not elite or above, so no priority tickets for us. One had to pick up tender tickets....believe it was on deck 4, in 1 of the forward lobbies....just had to walk up and ask for as many tender tickets as 1 required.....so if u have a tour, one could grab as many tender tickets for ur whole group...did not ask to see a room key!

We were in tender group 7.....and off the boat at 0900 (think they started at 0730, and of course those in Suites, eleit and above and Celebrity excursions, got priority)

I was told by another guest that many seemed to have the same plan....take it easy..sleep in and go into town a bit later.....also figuring mnay woul dbe off the boat early and no issues getting off the boat. I was told around 10am or so, it did get busy and lines started to form in getting off the ship.

Guernsey is a nice little town.....We didnt do much...caught the bus for 1 pound to the german Occupation Museuem....which is extremely well done and then caught the bus back into town..walked around a bit...had a very nice fish/chip dinner (15 pounds for 2 meals and 2 cokes) and then went back to the ship! One did have to wait in line to catch a tender back..Maybe 20 min or so...in the drizzle!

U can take bus 91 or 92 all aroudn the island for 1 pound..it takes approx 90 minutes! We just took bus 91 ( i think) to the museum and bus 92 back....We had thought of taking the bus all the way around.....but didnt really see a whole lot besides houses from downtown to the museum! Not sure what else 1 sees the rest of the route (besides houses) I htink buses come around every 25 minutes!

Celebrity is using their lifeboats as water taxi's and the did hire 1 local boat to assist in the transport......I think the tendering has gone fairly well..as someone in line stated..ur on a cruise..so some line standing is expected!

Norovirus precautions in affect.....no serving urself in the cafetaria....good times. Watching people wash their hands...most don't do it properly..they just get their hands wet..bit of soap..and a quick rinse! Which does not accomplish much! Take ur time, at least 20 seconds, hot water , soap and lots of friction, and rinse off with hot water! My RN message of the day,lol I prefer not to shake hands or touch railings.......

Time for a nap..or to the gym????