Oasis of the sea suite holder review from Western Aug 1st sailing

Thanks Rob! Just glad a few people found my review helpful!

I can't tell about the new suite upgrades. Maybe given you are in an aqua suite...which by the way sounds amazing! Since I will be in a crown loft suite I think that the perks appear to be able the same. I was excited about the drink package included and the dining but that appears only for the highest tier suites.

Can you spot any new changes that will impact people in crown loft suites?

As for Chops, I almost canceled it due to the terrible press it got on the boards. I can't understand it at all. It was the best meal of the trip for us! LOL.

So below is the official list of perks for Sky Class suites, which is what the Crown Loft Suites fall under. I've gone through the list of perks RCL lists for it's traditional Enhanced Program for Suite Guests and highlighted the new/changed items.

Unlimited Voom high speed-internet

Spa Thermal Room Access

Specialty bottled water (Current perk is only water on boarding day according to the PDF whereas new perks have it available throughout the cruise)

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities by Hermes, Ferragamo and L'OCCITANE

Luxury pillowtop mattress

Specialty in-suite dining

Welcome amenity

Suite Restaurant

Suite Lounge

Priority restaurant reservations (Current perk lists only that the Concierge makes reservations, not that they're done on a priority basis.)

VIP Theater seating and reservations

Access to signature activities

Access to Suite Sun Deck

Handle special requests

Pre-cruise communication

In a nutshell, it looks like you would be gaining free internet, bottled water, and a welcome amenity really. (I don't know if the current reservations done by Concierge are priority or not.)

Anyway hope that helps!

Yes thank you! That is very helpful. I will do that so I am not running around when I board trying to do reservations. Thank you for the heads up about filling out the waivers in advance. I went ahead and decided to fill out our passport information since I was already there. I discovered that my husband's passport was expired! Not a huge deal, if I had not caught it we could have sailed without it but we like to travel with our passports even on cruises. I am happy to say that was one headache we avoided. The application is in the mail!

Oh thank goodness...whew!!! That would be a fear of mine, getting to the gate to find out my pass port has expired. Glad you filled out the waivers, you will actually get complimented by every sports zone person at how much it helps them!! :)

Thanks so much for doing this review! Great info and only makes us more excited for our Oasis cruise in a few weeks! Can't wait to see CK, as it's been a couple years since we were last on Oasis. Have Chops booked for 2 nights (our favorite place too!) and thinking about the Hibachi experience as well. Will do Giovanni's, Sabor, and CK for other meals. First cruise without one meal in MDR...never thought that would happen!!

Hibachi is nice but man what a plate of food. I wonder if you can share one plate :rolleyes:. Like you I found so many choices that maybe I won't do the dining room. I can't say enough good things about Sabor...really yummy. Tip for you....they have quesadillas and they have short-rib tacos. I asked for them to make me a short-rib quesadilla and it was a home run! CK is great for breakfast, never tried it for lunch and dinner is good but Sabor was better. :)

So below is the official list of perks for Sky Class suites, which is what the Crown Loft Suites fall under. I've gone through the list of perks RCL lists for it's traditional Enhanced Program for Suite Guests and highlighted the new/changed items.

In a nutshell, it looks like you would be gaining free internet, bottled water, and a welcome amenity really. (I don't know if the current reservations done by Concierge are priority or not.)

Anyway hope that helps!

Very helpful Rob, thanks. If the upgrade to the next suite level was about 2k, it would be worth it just for the perks. But I think for me the price difference is $5k. Not worth the cost

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all...as a follow up we booked another cruise on board the ship...Allure to Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Kitts. Although it felt like we were getting a good value, I didn't see any perks to booking on board.

Also if anyone has any fishing ideas for the stop in Bahamas, I am all ears. We don't love the Bahamas and thought fishing could be a fun activity.

For the last night we went to Hibachi. It is very difficult to get a seat due to only having 3 tables and two seating’s a night. We went at 8:30 pm. It is a ‘show’ with the chef getting ready and then he cooks the food for you. Great show, fun and interesting but I really didn’t get my food until almost 9:30. It is rich, heavy meal and all of us left feeling too full and overwhelmed. For $35.00 Per person you can get a combination of steak, scallops, shrimp, lobster and chicken. You pick two. The food was really yummy but I don’t think we will go back. And if you do go, share one plate of food, it is just too much for one person. Maybe next time we will try the sushi.

My son was in teen club and loved it. The curfew is 1:00 am and they meet lots of other kids. They had a dance and he was 'prom king', I forced him to take a selfie for me :p I noticed many families had kids that didn't participate in the programs but my son loves them.

I was under the impression that Izumi was a-la-carte--I'm glad they introduced hibachi tables. On our past Oasis and Allure cruises, you got a hot stone and cooked meat & chicken yourself. Also, did you have traditional dining?

IZUMI is a-la-cart. You can purchase sushi and they have the hot stone for cooking meats. At Hibachi, they will also bring you a full sushi menu so you can have it in addition to your dinner. Many people ordered some sushi for a starter. I can't stress enough the sheer quantity of food at the hibachi so if we had gotten sushi too we would have been miserably full.

Next time we will try Izumi and get the hot stones, looks delicious and fun.

We did have traditional dining. We had a seating at 6:00 each night and did 3 nights of specialty dining. One night we did eat at Coastal Kitchen for dinner. I was less enchanted with the dining room this trip.

IZUMI is a-la-cart. You can purchase sushi and they have the hot stone for cooking meats. At Hibachi, they will also bring you a full sushi menu so you can have it in addition to your dinner. Many people ordered some sushi for a starter. I can't stress enough the sheer quantity of food at the hibachi so if we had gotten sushi too we would have been miserably full.

Next time we will try Izumi and get the hot stones, looks delicious and fun.

We did have traditional dining. We had a seating at 6:00 each night and did 3 nights of specialty dining. One night we did eat at Coastal Kitchen for dinner. I was less enchanted with the dining room this trip.

Clarification, please. Is Hibachi a separate or is it a section of Izumi restaurant. If that is the case that means there are 2 sets of prices--a la carte and fixed at $35 per. Also, my middle granddaughter loves Japanese noodles cooked in soy/terriyaki sauce--is it on the menu and included in the Hibachi dinners?

Clarification, please. Is Hibachi a separate or is it a section of Izumi restaurant. If that is the case that means there are 2 sets of prices--a la carte and fixed at $35 per. Also, my middle granddaughter loves Japanese noodles cooked in soy/terriyaki sauce--is it on the menu and included in the Hibachi dinners?

My apologies, I wasn't clear. When you walk into Izumi you are standing at the check in desk. To your right is the 3 (seats 8) Hibachi tables and to your left is the sushi bar with tables. All the same place and if you didn't know to go to Izumi, there is no were signs outside the restaurant that says Hibachi.

Regarding The Japanese noodles...they serve Udon noodles there but I am unsure if sitting in the Hibachi because we all got rice served as part of the meal. Given you are on a Royal ship I am sure they could make sure your granddaughter gets noodles if that is what she wants. In Hibachi we had full access to the Izumi menu.

Hope that helps

My apologies, I wasn't clear. When you walk into Izumi you are standing at the check in desk. To your right is the 3 (seats 8) Hibachi tables and to your left is the sushi bar with tables. All the same place and if you didn't know to go to Izumi, there is no were signs outside the restaurant that says Hibachi.

Regarding The Japanese noodles...they serve Udon noodles there but I am unsure if sitting in the Hibachi because we all got rice served as part of the meal. Given you are on a Royal ship I am sure they could make sure your granddaughter gets noodles if that is what she wants. In Hibachi we had full access to the Izumi menu.

Hope that helps

Thank you fro the clarification, as we have 2 upcoming Oasis cruises.

So they did give me a $200.00 on board credit and then they charged my sea pass card $200.00 to hold the reservation. So it was a wash. Nice to hold for $200 but they made it seem like the buy one get one at 50% was a special deal but you can get the same deal on the website.

• 5 months later...

Anyway hope that helps!

Hi when do these new suite perks start I thought I read not until spring if this year?? Would love free internet but going in less then 2 weeks