Lost price and perks due to NCL changing trip

Manbo

Exactly, the cruise is changed due to a change in Federal law. So the issue is not with NCL, but with the government. Would that not be the one responsible to the OP? NCL certainly did not want to make this change. Are they not the victim same as the OP? It is costing NCL extra money to make this change. I think a class action suit against the Federal Government is in order.;)

Not true. The 2 day cruises were cancelled due to federal law. The Gov did not force NCL to change the 12 day cruises to 14 days.

NCL did this so they would not lose money by having the ships sit empty for those days.

Edited by electro

I feel really badly for the OP. I don't know the exact itinerary for the cruise you're on, but is there any way that you could "miss the boat" at your last port and fly home?

If it's just two extra sea days that were added on, then you could just miss those and get home for the 13th.

Good luck to you!

I feel really badly for the OP. I don't know the exact itinerary for the cruise you're on, but is there any way that you could "miss the boat" at your last port and fly home?

If it's just two extra sea days that were added on, then you could just miss those and get home for the 13th.

Good luck to you!

I never thought of that one!!!

Good luck to you!

I never thought of that one!!!

There is usually no problems with disembarking the ship before the final port on the itinerary (as long as you still pay for the entire cruise), you just have to let NCL know in advance so that they can notify the port authorities in the port where you would like to disembark.

There is usually no problems with disembarking the ship before the final port on the itinerary (as long as you still pay for the entire cruise), you just have to let NCL know in advance so that they can notify the port authorities in the port where you would like to disembark.

Hope this works out for you.

Not true. The 2 day cruises were cancelled due to federal law. The Gov did not force NCL to change the 12 day cruises to 14 days.

NCL did this so they would not lose money by having the ships sit empty for those days.

I really don't think an NCL ship can just sit at a dock for 2 days without moving. Can't cruise to nowhere, so what are their options?

I really don't think an NCL ship can just sit at a dock for 2 days without moving. Can't cruise to nowhere, so what are their options?

You can cruise to nowhere without passengers.

the point is, it was NCL who changed the itinerary and length of cruise, not the federal government.

And to make a change like that and then not let someone make a lateral move to the same itin, same ship only one week earlier is very poor customer service.

The cruise was booked in good faith and if NCL changes it they should make it right for the passengers who are now unable to said the new itin.

PVSA might be a problem as this is a US cruise - just saying.

My choices were either cancel and rebook at the listed fair ($1000 more) or stick with what the booking that they extended. I was offered nothing for the inconvenience.

I will call again and try to get a supervisor to help...I didn't cancel yet. I am glad I hadn't purchased any flights!

Ok, my last post on this. I tried one last time today, spoke with a supervisor and pleaded my case. Same answer, my only choice was to cancel. So, I did.

Now, to call RC!!!