Cozumel-Grand Cayman-Falmouth

Would anyone be so kind as to share what their favorite (or not so favorite!) excursions were for these ports of call:

I've looked through the reviews on the RCCL website for these ports, but more input is always helpful, thank you! :D

Cozumel - If you're a beach person, then Nachi Cocom. It is our "go to" place when there (been 5 times). The Cozumel Bar Hop is fun as well and you get to see the more secluded side of the island. If you want to shop, Cozumel is the place to do it compared to the other two. Head downtown and work your way through the thousands of shops.

Grand Cayman - Sting Ray City is quite a sight to see. But book with an independent operator...the ship excursions are crowded.

Falmouth - Did a zipline adventure booked through the ship...had a blast. Last time we were there, took the Falmouth Culinary Tour. Enjoyed it as well, but a lot of walking involved...and don't bite into the scotch bonnet pepper! (unless plenty of drinking fluids are close at hand)

I have done swimming with the dolphins in cozumel multiple times.

The excursion used to be offered through the ship.. they switched dolphin companies so now I just book direct through dophinarius. Cant say enough good things about them. plus it's close to the ship so you still have time to go downtown and shop.

FALMOUTH - is a long way from any excursions - so expect a long ride, but we did enjoy the trip to climb the falls at Ocho Rios. The teenagers enjoyed riding 4 wheelers through mud and visiting a sugar plantation. There is not much to do in the port of Falmouth itself, some souvenir and jewelry shopping, so 2 of our party just went back to the ship for a quiet afternoon.

COZUMEL - The over 80's in our group had a great time visiting a miniature village of Historic Mexico. The rest of us went on a pyramid and beach day. There was a bit of drama with a broken bus and nearly missing the ship - so be sure to book through RCCL if you choose a long excursion from Cozumel, as they waited for us since it was an RCCL cruise. The 20 year olds went on a submarine excursion that they really loved. It was a 1/2 day, so they still had time to find Señor Frog's and/or Hard Rock.

GRAND CAYMEN is our favorite of these ports. A family favorite is the excursion to swim with the Sting Rays. There is also a 1/2 day trip to a Turtle aquarium, with a stop in "HELL" that the older members of our group found more their style. We have done some swim/snorkel and dive tours here too. Cayman has the best snorkeling/diving of the 3 ports.

Would anyone be so kind as to share what their favorite (or not so favorite!) excursions were for these ports of call:

I've looked through the reviews on the RCCL website for these ports, but more input is always helpful, thank you! :D

Hi,

We're doing the same ports with Labadee included. We're beach people and have done most of the touristy things. so it's the beach for us..

In Jamaica we're taking the Jaital van to Drs Cave. A beautiful beach about 1/2 from the port $26pp R/T which includes the entrance to the beach We have also gone to Hilton Rose Hall under resortforaday. Great time . We have also climbed Dunns falls and different tours

In Cozumel hubby and i are going back to AI Nachi Cocom. Absolute paradise. We also had a great time on the Cozumel Bar Hop. It's A great way to see the island . But The most memorable day was the excursion thru the ship to the Tulum Ruins on the main land. Incredibly beautiful!!

In Grand Cayman we're also heading back to Royal Palms which we'll also be getting a cabana for the 1st time there. They have a pool and beach side restaurant. We also took a tour and went to Hell and back:D and the Sea turtles at the Cayman Turtle Farm.

HTH

Liz:)

We did:

Falmouth - Dunn River Falls Express

Cayman - A Tour of The Island which included a beach stop at the end at 7 mile beach

Cozumel - Salsa. Salsa & Margarita

:cool:

Edited by bigque

Cozumel - Salsa, Salsa , Margarita !! Loved it and Didn't think we would!

Grand Cayman - Swim With the Stingrays ( It's been so long ago I don't know the name of the excursion (2001) )

Falmouth - Nothing in Falmouth ..... Go do Dunn's River Falls. I would take an excursion with the ship because it's a long ride! Worth every penny!

Generally in Cozumel we don't do a whole lot...there's one shop we visit everytime..I can't remember the name. it's larger shop on the corner with an upstairs and they have all sorts of stuff...we usually get a few things from there. We stopped at a restaurant had 2 coronas each and 2 bowls of chips with fresh pico style salsa...it was like $10....that was awesome

The only time we've been to grand cayman we hung out on the bach and I snorkeled for about 2 hours straight and got my back sunburnt.

Next time we visit either I hope to do some more excursions....

Edited by splash_in_the_water

Cozumel: Nachi Cocom and La Casa Del Habano

Grand Cayman: Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort  

Falmouth: The pier area. This port is a necessary evil. While I'd love to vist the Appleton distillery, Royal doesn't offer it anymore and it's to far to do on our own. We did Dunns River Falls years ago so other than those two, Jamaica pretty much sucks.

Cozumel... Did Nachi... It was awesome. Drinks on the beach or in the water is always to good thing. The food was surprisingly really good.

Grand Cayman... Went snorkling. We were in GC for only a short period of time, and we love to snorkel... Worth the money IMO.

Falmouth... Didn't expect much, enjoyed this place the most. The Jamaican people are awesome. We did the zip line and Dunns river. Both fun for a family that likes the outdoors. The new RCI Pier is pretty damn cool as well. Again, for me, the interaction w/the Jamaican people is what made this my favorite port.

I did the "swim with the stingrays" 2 yrs. ago...was fantastic...most adrenalin rush for a long long time...I was 81 at the time!! Would like to do it again, but have gotten a bit frail....now 83...still going strong, but the ocean might be too much now...anyway, try it...you won't regret it. See you on board...I'm from Texas too....Leander...see you at the meet & greet! Oldhorsegal.

We just did the 3 reef snorkel at Cozumel-totally reccommend it! Also had lunch at Señor Frogs-hilarious! The first beach at labadee is rocky-go to the second one on the left.

Did you do the 3 reef tour through the cruise?

Generally in Cozumel we don't do a whole lot...there's one shop we visit everytime..I can't remember the name. it's larger shop on the corner with an upstairs and they have all sorts of stuff...we usually get a few things from there. ....

I think you are talking about the Forum Shops. Second floor has a quiet bar looking out at the ocean. IIRC its a $7 cab ride straight down the coast road from the port. Forum has mostly jewelry and leather goods. Walk the main drag back toward the port and there are lots of street vendors and smaller shops selling everything from t-shirts to 'wrassler' masks. You can find any of the usual Mexican tourist stuff there. Get tired of walking back, grab a cab the rest of the way. There is a beachfront Margaritaville about half way back if you prefer that to Senor Frogs.

Doing this itinerary plus Labadee in November. Coz will be the Bar Hop. We've been to GC many times, so this will be a ship day. Falmouth is nice, but most excursions are a distance away, so we will just shopping in the, port area and ending at Margaritaville. Last por.t is Labadee, which will be our beach day.