10 A.M. flight time possible

dptt

In a perfect world maybe but think of the following....

Ships running a bit late (even say half an hour)

Customs hold up

Not enough cabs so have to wait for one

Flat tire on the way to airport, or breakdown or accident.

Just straight traffic that day

Any of those will have you cutting it fine, now what if two of those hit you?

I have done it two years in a row with time to spare but it was a bit nerve wracking. This year going to fly home a bit later.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Forums mobile app

That's why I don't do it.

Just had a couple of weeks de-stressing last thing I aw nt to do is stress over getting home. (though normally I drive).

What! :eek: I thought you lived in Australia!

I do.

But believe it or not people also travel.

So I stand by what I said, I wouldn't book ANY flight that soon after disembarking in Australia or elsewhere.

BTW thanks for removing the rest of the comment:D.

I do.

But believe it or not people also travel.

So I stand by what I said, I wouldn't book ANY flight that soon after disembarking in Australia or elsewhere.

BTW thanks for removing the rest of the comment:D.

It was petty so needed to go That is not who I want to be. I'm still wondering about you driving home though. Doesn't it get a little wet in the car? How many miles IS it from Ft. Lauderdale to Sydney? LOL. :eek:

It was petty so needed to go That is not who I want to be. I'm still wondering about you driving home though. Doesn't it get a little wet in the car? How many miles IS it from Ft. Lauderdale to Sydney? LOL. :eek:

I said I normally drive.

However when I was flying, either in Australia or overseas, there is no way I would attempt that Time gap.

I was just kidding with you. I totally understood your response.

No worries, maybe one day we'll meet on a cruise and we can discuss some of the issues in that "other topic" that really can be confusing.

Every time I ask about them here the insults fly.

Certainly it is possible if your ship docks at Port Everglades by 7am. It may even be more likely than not.

Is the stress worth it?

Are you prepared to shell out a significant amount should things go awry?

Its not guaranteed even if you dock before 7am, on one TA we docked at 11pm the night before (captain rushed to port due to a medical emergency). We barely made our 12:30pm flight, a lot of ships were in port and customs was short staffed.

If you purchase an early flight and miss it, it will cost you a great deal more than if you just spend the little extra to take a midday flight or a later flight (even if you add in the cost of getting a day room or doing something else to spend the time prior to check in). Airlines don't carry a lot of excess capacity any more, over booking is the thing so you could end up waiting longer than you think for a flight home.

I don't know about Sydney, however, Ft. Lauderdale to Melbourne is only about 155 miles.

I called Princess 1-800-774-6237 about this the girl said DON'T book a flight before 11:30 a.m.

Tony

Your Personalizer for each cruise will give the Princess guidelines for the earliest time to book a departure flight on disembarkation day.

You can get to the airport on time and still not make your flight. I have found the TSA security lines to be ridiculously long at times in Ft. Lauderdale.

Then you were not at the airport on time.