Amalfi Coast Early October

Lexiloo62

We are in Naples for a day - dock at 7am leave at 8pm. We would dearly love to rent a motorcycle to take us from Naples and down the winding roads along the Amalfi coast.

Not sure where to stop or what to do just heard the coastline was an amazing experience.

So can anyone help us with a hire company? I can't find one online anywhere! Also any suggestions for a DIY day..

If there are no bikes for rent - what is the best way to do this ourselves.

Where should we stop? Happy to go by boat somewhere if that is the best alternative?

Thank you

We are in Naples for a day - dock at 7am leave at 8pm. We would dearly love to rent a motorcycle to take us from Naples and down the winding roads along the Amalfi coast.

Not sure where to stop or what to do just heard the coastline was an amazing experience.

So can anyone help us with a hire company? I can't find one online anywhere! Also any suggestions for a DIY day..

If there are no bikes for rent - what is the best way to do this ourselves.

Where should we stop? Happy to go by boat somewhere if that is the best alternative?

Thank you

Ive been down the Amalfi coast twice and used Romeinlimo both times for a private excursion. 8 people total from our Roll Call. I would not even consider a bike rental. Its much nicer to have someone else do the driving and you just sit back and enjoy.

Besides the traffic and pretty crazy drivers, if you motorcycle you will miss a lot just staying on the road ... in my opinion of course. We did an absolutely fabulous private tour with APTours that I highly recommend. Read reviews on Trip Advisor, that's how I found them. They are top notch professionals and reasonably priced. Our driver was Alberto and besides being personable and funny, he was very knowledgeable. You can tailor the tour, stops and lunch, etc. however you want or they will suggest. The car is basically yours for the day. We were picked up at the ship and stopped at Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento. At the end of the tour instead of driving back, Alberto went to the Ferry and got us tickets while we wandered around Sorrento. We took the Ferry back to the ship which was great as well. Absolutely amazing time! Have fun! :)

Ive been down the Amalfi coast twice and used Romeinlimo both times for a private excursion. 8 people total from our Roll Call. I would not even consider a bike rental. Its much nicer to have someone else do the driving and you just sit back and enjoy.

I totally agree... Get a company. I used italytoursharing.com 3x and am using them again in June. They offer my very favorite tour..sorrento positano amalfi coast with lunch at lataggliano...EXCELLENT. The lunch is included in the price and u get a ton of lemonchello😄😄😱😱😱😊

With any vespa tour be sure to ask if you will be driving or if you will be a passenger on the back while someone else drives, so you're sure about what you are getting.

Things are quite a bit slower along the Amalfi Coast by October and I've seen lots of bikers (cycles as well as motor) on the road. If you are an experienced rider I think it would be an amazing experience to do it on your own.

I've been to the Harley Davidson dealer in Naples and according to their web site they do rent: http://www.hdnapoli.com/noleggio.php You can contact them and see what's possible.

Fair warning that the dealership is quite a distance from the cruise port (only nine miles but at least a half hour by cab). This is a new (er) location for the dealership, when I visited them several years ago they were located near the airport which would have been more convenient.

If you're primarily interested in the Amalfi Coast road the Harley dealership is really out of the way.

I too cannot find any motorcycle rentals closer but there are several scooter rental companies in Sorrento and that might be the better choice for you. You could jump on the ferry from Molo Beverello (right next to the cruise port) and be in Sorrento in 40 minutes.

You can see a list of scooter rentals on this page, listed under "moto noleggio": http://www.sorrentotourism.com/it/noleggio-auto--moto--biciclette.php They each offer a web site (although most are not linked, you'll need to copy and paste the address into a browser) so you can check them out.

Since the issue of motorcycles/scooters has been raised we offer an observation (based on thousands of miles of driving in Italy). Most 2 lane Italian roads actually have 4 lanes. The left lane, the right lane, and the two painted stripes in the center which are each motorcycle lanes :). My bike renting days are long behind me, but I would sure want a decent Motorcycle Suit (the new ones with airbags might be appropriate) and a very thick helmets.

Hank

I agree with Hank.

We were told by our guide on our cooking tour outside Florence that the problem is in Italy it is such an old country they have been making rules and laws for a long time and they never get rid of the old ones. Since there are too many rules, people ignore all of them!

She also said (when in a car) to just keep to your lane and your pace and let the motorcycles and scooters buzz around you like bees. I can tell you that works.