Vista Class cabin 1110

weatherman46

Does anyone know if cabin 1110 on the Zuiderdam (Vista Class) suffers from noise problems?

It looks from the deckplan like it is underneath the galley, and also being so low down and near the back of the ship I am worried about engine noise.

We found 1114 (2 cabins further aft) fine, no noise from above. Extremely convenient location! We liked it a lot.

Engine noise was nonexistent.

We did find the fan in the cabin made more noise than any other we have experienced, though. No reason to think this was systemic.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Thanks for the replies. We will see what the first night is like, but if is as noisy as I fear it will be, I will be at guest relations first thing the second day.

I feel that as a 3-star mariner we should have been treated better than this.

OP: I see from the other thread that this is an assignment on a guarentee booking. Mind telling us what you booked? Not sure what you mean by "should have been treated better than this".

As a 5 star since the inception of that level, I don't think Mariner level makes much difference for guarentee assignments (price you pay is important).

On the ships, it often makes a difference, anywhere from minimal to extraordinary.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Thanks for the replies. We will see what the first night is like, but if is as noisy as I fear it will be, I will be at guest relations first thing the second day.

I feel that as a 3-star mariner we should have been treated better than this.

This really makes it sound like you booked a minimum cabin hoping for an upgrade to a suite, but in reality were assigned what was booked.

The cabin is there, which means some passenger has to be assigned to it for the sailing. To be assured to sailing in a particular cabin, you needed to book a particular cabin.

I've been in similar cabins and have never had a problem with noise. I hope you have a great cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Our fears of terrible noise were correct.

On the first night, even with ear plugs, we could hear all the banging etc. After trying to sleep for several hours I went to the front desk, and they moved us into an emergency inside cabin for that night so we could get some sleep.

The next afternoon we were offered a move to cabin 5046, which we gratefully accepted.

The rest of the cruise was fine, and I have to say the front desk where excellent in dealing with this issue.

Our fears of terrible noise were correct.

On the first night, even with ear plugs, we could hear all the banging etc. After trying to sleep for several hours I went to the front desk, and they moved us into an emergency inside cabin for that night so we could get some sleep.

The next afternoon we were offered a move to cabin 5046, which we gratefully accepted.

The rest of the cruise was fine, and I have to say the front desk where excellent in dealing with this issue.

thanks for coming back and reporting!

So glad they had some empty cabins and were able to accommodate you and you got help from the front desk. Good news indeed

Parts of the kitchen never stop . Bread is made round the clock to have decent supply for the day. The main kitchen is usually under the passenger decks.

If I remember correctly from a behind the scenes tour on the Eurodam, bread baking etc is done in another location below deck 1 and not the main galley.

Bakery1.jpg.733b4d4386053819b04fb961f91cd921.jpg

Bakery2.jpg.b37b38b0f49ee807f385da351be54457.jpg