Is Azamara Known for Renewing Their Promotions or Do They Adhere to Expirations?

ChucktownSteve

Thankx Phil,

All the aft VX are booked.

Do you know if you can use the Loyalty Stateroom Category Upgrade program if you're also using the double upgrade promo? I suspect not. What about shareholder benefit?

Hi Steve. Yes you can. I registered for it online and got the confirmation back straightaway. If I don't score an upgrade I am happy where I am though. Not sure about the shareholder OBC as I don't make use of this. I booked on the ship and got the normal OBC for booking onboard.

Phil

Hi Steve,

I think you will be happy with 7105. Just curious - are there any V2's on Deck 7 available ?

Nothing wrong with 7105, but if there are V2's on that deck my question is why would you want to be so far aft (but not in an "aft balcony") when for the same price you could be mid-ship? [no edge to this question -- I haven't really sailed in enough different locations around ships to know the answer]

Nothing wrong with 7105, but if there are V2's on that deck my question is why would you want to be so far aft (but not in an "aft balcony") when for the same price you could be mid-ship? [no edge to this question -- I haven't really sailed in enough different locations around ships to know the answer]

Mid ship is good. However I like to be a little in front of or a little behind the aft elevators. Since the V2 cabins are opposite the laundry or a little further forward, I selected the one which would also have the least amount traffic heading to the elevators.

I've tried more forward on other ships and my spousal unit didn't like high or forward so if I'm a little higher, I select a little more aft. Does that make sense?

Had I had found this promotion when others had I would have grabbed up the stern VX. Quite frankly, until two days ago I hadn't considered Azamara until someone on one of my roll calls suggested I consider it. Thus my action. Oceania and Celebrity haven't posted their mid 2017 cruises yet so they lost out.

Evidence for consideration:

Two February of 2017 sailings on the Journey have gone up $1,100 each per stateroom since their original pricining in January 2015; apples-to-apples; promotion-to-promtion comparsion.

One of the sailings has almost 90% of it's Verandas sold already (and ALL of its suites sold out) as determined by an analysis of the number of staterooms available for booking compared to the total number of veranda staterooms. Interesting for a sailing more than 1 year away.

YMMV, but pricing is more than likely demand driven like most industries.

Back in December, when the February 2017 Australia & New Zealand cruise first appeared, the offer was a Veranda at an Oceanview price. The least expensive Oceanview was $5,499 ($10,998/cabin), with Verandas starting at $6,299. We were able to book a VX at the $5,499 price. The current Double Upgrade offer has Verandas at $6,199. We saved $1,400 by booking in December, and with Azamara’s Best Price Guarantee (US & Canada) we can’t lose.

Edited by Rabo