Cancelled cruises: Post your new itinerary here.

KyleClark

Grrr... so again, my request has to go to "revenue management". This sucks. Apparently I got too good of a deal and b/c the difference in price is over $2K it has to be approved and I won't hear anything until tomorrow. This is sooooooo bad on Norwegian's part. So, so bad. As if they didn't know before making the change who was booked? i'm so sad & angry.

You really must have gotten a steal. My base price was $1640 for Pax 1 & 2 and $399 for the rest of the passengers. I did not have to go anywhere for approval.

if you want to email me we can chat....... shannyrios at gmail

They fixed it!! yay!!! and SoyCandles - we'll probably be right next to you. We'll be in cabin 11030.

SOOOOO glad that's done!

They also changed my Star Feb 2017 sailing to the Jade. That wasn't as big of a deal as it was only the 4 of us.

They fixed it!! yay!!! and SoyCandles - we'll probably be right next to you. We'll be in cabin 11030.

SOOOOO glad that's done!

They also changed my Star Feb 2017 sailing to the Jade. That wasn't as big of a deal as it was only the 4 of us.

Yay that was the first cabin offered to me! So yes I am the next suite up 11024 as I wanted to be closer to the insides. How old are your kids?

SOOOOO glad that's done!

Which February Sailing? We are on Feb 5

You really must have gotten a steal. My base price was $1640 for Pax 1 & 2 and $399 for the rest of the passengers. I did not have to go anywhere for approval.

We paid $1488 for the first two and $399 for the rest. For $300, they made a big deal about it. But now it's fixed so I'm happy and I can tell my kids we'll be going next year. Phew!

The Epic will be release Wednesday

I hope they're not opening the TA to the public for booking 5 days before those of us that have to change are able to do that.

I was told to call back on the 24th and I'm in a situation where my price protection should be saving me several thousand dollars so I'm anxious to get the switch locked in. The cruise is shorter, but the same level cabin is priced way higher on Epic.

I am sure I will be part of the "after 5" callers as I have been working since 7:30 a.m. and could not call at lunch... although that is a good thing since I probably would have held for an hour and would have had to hang up anyway, if they didn't answer within an hour. Which sounds like a given. I'll bet the "after 5" que is also long.

What is frustrating is there is no place to look online to see replacement 2017 cruises to compare. I am one who prefers to research A LOT. I like to go to cruise staterooms.com and look at pictures and see the placement of the suite so I won't be in a bad location. Seems like you have to take your chances on the phone.

Wish me luck.

Thank you all very much for sharing your experiences. Very nice of you.

4 hours on hold, but Jackie was very sweet and helpful! For us it was mostly a date change - now on the Jade, sailing Feb 13-20 2016, Cozumel, Harvest Cay, Roatan. Our side by side rooms are now connecting, which is great. Everything from our original booking is being honored, including gratuity prices, double latitudes points for early booking, UBP without paying gratuities, and 3rd+ guest sail free. Due to the system issues, we were only able to actually reserve the rooms, but a superviser will go in and alter it tonight and we'll get the confirmation email.

I didn't love the wait, but I'm mostly satisfied!

Just got off the phone and Caribbean Cruise itineraries will not be released until Wednesday.

That makes a lot of sense why I was told there are only 2 ships sailing the Caribbean during Oct/Nov 2016. They could save folks a lot of frustration if they would put that on as a message while people are on hold.

4 hours on hold, but Jackie was very sweet and helpful! For us it was mostly a date change - now on the Jade, sailing Feb 13-20 2016, Cozumel, Harvest Cay, Roatan. Our side by side rooms are now connecting, which is great. Everything from our original booking is being honored, including gratuity prices, double latitudes points for early booking, UBP without paying gratuities, and 3rd+ guest sail free. Due to the system issues, we were only able to actually reserve the rooms, but a superviser will go in and alter it tonight and we'll get the confirmation email.

I didn't love the wait, but I'm mostly satisfied!

Was that an option on your letter or considered a new booking?

Was that an option on your letter or considered a new booking?

Yes - we could book in January/February (10 months sooner than our original cruise) and keep prices and promotions as booked. It hurt us to do it for sure; we are a young family, a vacation every 2 years is really all we can swing - but we are taking my mom on this cruise, with my sister and DH's brother, and there was no way we would be able to swing it otherwise!

Was anyone on the Sun - 14 day South America sailing on December 31, 2016? We can only sail when college is out for my son. The options were to book a different 14 day South America sailing (which we cannot since he will be in school) or book the December 23, 2016 revised itinerary cruise. However, I don't know what this cruise itinerary consist of. I contacted my PCC today and he does not know. He said I had to call the special number for that. I am on hold on that number and have been the last hour. I cannot stay on hold too much longer since I need to leave work to go home. I have never cruised during Christmas but would consider it if the itinerary is right. I was wondering if anyone else had this option and know the itinerary for the December 23, 2016 Sun South America sailing?

They wouldn't let you sail the Jade out of Tampa at the same time with same price?

My experience was the same, except I called the special line last week to ask some questions. The ONLY price/amenity protected option for people booked on the Jade in the cancelled 2016-2017 season from Houston is to move the cruise up by 9-12 months and sail in the 2015-2016 season. I specifically asked about moving over to the Jade out of Tampa, and was told I would have no protection unless I moved my cruise up to the upcoming season.

The Jade will be sailing out of Tampa to Western Caribbean starting November 13th, 2016. I am booked on the Thanksgiving cruise 11/20/16 - everything transferred over.

I think you need to call back. Your cancellation letter should have given you an option for price protection?

See my response above...it appears that the new Jade cruises were only a price protected option for those who were already booked out of Tampa. The displaced Jade cruisers could choose to sail a year earlier, but couldn't select the Jade in the same time frame and still have price protection.

Reading this thread today makes me glad I went ahead and requested my refund a week ago. I would be beside myself if I was sitting on hold for hours trying to correct a problem NCL created, first by the mass re-deployment, then by inadequately staffing the special call center and not being prepared with the new itineraries. I really feel for the agents answering phones today...they can only take the actions they've been authorized to, but I have a feeling they're bearing the brunt of passengers' frustrations.

I was excited about giving NCL a try, but I think it will be a long time before I consider them again. I don't think I've ever experienced customer service this poor on such a large scale, and it has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Edited by Cindy

Finally got through. It all worked out for me. Kept the same sail date, 11/27/16, on Jade, same category, though I had to switch from 10500 to 10000. Kept the UBP, UDP, Prepaid grats & $200 OBC, plus they threw in another $100 OBC.

I can't complain. Good luck to those of you still waiting!

Rescheduled our March 25, 2017 South American cruise to April 10, 2017. Same price, cabin, offers and an extra day. Aside from the 90 minute wait, Vanessa was extremely helpful!!

Edited by jd1966

So you went through the CAS Dept, not the special number the letter stated to call? Did you mention what cruise you were taking now? Thanks

Yes. I called the number in the letter last week with some questions (which they answered) but was told that I had to go through CAS to book the new dates. I was on the Star 10/13/16 and was offered the Jade on 1/15/17. That's the one I'm on now.

How did you do? How was your experience doing this?

You don't indicate which cruise you are referring to. The Jan 9, 2017 cruise on the Pearl that I was on was cancelled recently. However, we had some advanced warning and I had already switched to the Dec 8, 2016 cruise before the announcement became official. It is one night longer and though I don't like the itinerary as much, it does hit the spots I want to go to and I'm saving over $2,100, so I'll live with the new itinerary.

I got a call this morning from our PCC asking me what we wanted to do with our cancelled Jade 2017 cruise! Shocked, I was. We were planning on cancelling and rebooking when the 2017 Alaska cruises come out, but he was able to give us the same package we had -- UDP, UBP, prepaid gratuities and OBC -- so we decided to let NCL keep our $500 deposit and call back in December.

After about 1hour and 45minutes of holding, and killing my bluetooth, finally got through and was able to move my 16day Oct 29, 2016 on the Jade to the 14 day October 30th, 2016 sailing, also on the Jade. New Itinerary is Oct 31 - Cartagena , Spain 10am-7pm, Nov 1 - Malaga, Spain 8am-6pm, Nov 3 - Funchal, Portugal 7am-2pm, Nov 8 - Royal Naval Dockyard - Bermuda 9am-5pm, Nov 11 - Miami, USA 8am-5pm, Arriving Tampa, USA on Nov 13 at 8am. Everything else is sea days. Kept my drink package and got a price reduction of about $500 Canadian for the shorter cruise, so I am a happy cruiser. :)

My experience was the same, except I called the special line last week to ask some questions. The ONLY price/amenity protected option for people booked on the Jade in the cancelled 2016-2017 season from Houston is to move the cruise up by 9-12 months and sail in the 2015-2016 season. I specifically asked about moving over to the Jade out of Tampa, and was told I would have no protection unless I moved my cruise up to the upcoming season.

This is exactly what happened to us. I don't understand why NCL has such limited options for those that were booked on the Jade out of Houston. I'm glad others are having an easy time re-booking their cruise but that has definitely not been our experience. The only good thing today was that I didn't have to wait on hold for nearly as long as I thought I might, it was definitely less than an hour.

We were booked April 2017 on the Jade and had booked during the 3rd & 4th guests free promotion. When I called NCL today the rep that I talked to told me flat out that we could not get price protection and our promotional packages, unless we wanted to sail a year and a half earlier. All I wanted was to re-book on the Jade out of Tampa for the same dates with the same pricing and amenities. It's the exact same itinerary; I just don't get it, the other cruises that were cancelled seem to have much more flexible options for price protection. I tried to negotiate with the NCL rep on the phone and even their manager but they said there was nothing they could do. They couldn't even tell me what the new prices would be for the Jade in April out of Tampa because of issues with their booking system today. I feel like this should be simple but it's not, very frustrating, NCL should have a better handle on this.

Edited by Kortehgehn

After about 1hour and 45minutes of holding, and killing my bluetooth, finally got through and was able to move my 16day Oct 29, 2016 on the Jade to the 14 day October 30th, 2016 sailing, also on the Jade. New Itinerary is Oct 31 - Cartagena , Spain 10am-7pm, Nov 1 - Malaga, Spain 8am-6pm, Nov 3 - Funchal, Portugal 7am-2pm, Nov 8 - Royal Naval Dockyard - Bermuda 9am-5pm, Nov 11 - Miami, USA 8am-5pm, Arriving Tampa, USA on Nov 13 at 8am. Everything else is sea days. Kept my drink package and got a price reduction of about $500 Canadian for the shorter cruise, so I am a happy cruiser. :)

Nice!! I am switching to the Epic and those aren't available for switching yet. Were you always booked in Canadian dollars? I'm wondering if I can switch that piece when I make the move over.