Considering a Princess Cruise- Solo Traveler

colocop004

Hello all,

I am considering a cruise on Princess to try out a new line. I am a solo traveler, but I can not find anything on their website regarding traveling solo and the single supplement. Does Princess charge the 100% single supplement?

Thanks in advance!!!

That used to be around 160% for inside cabins but recently that is changed. Now they seem to be charging the full double rate, 200%, even for inside cabins.

I did manage to snag a solo fare (inside cabin) on a brief dip to 160% recently, but it was only that for a short time, then went back to 200%. When I am cruise shopping, I check the Princess web site daily for changes.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately, I just realized this change.

I am shopping for Alaska 2016 and can't find anything less than 100% :(

Are you shopping for balcony or above? I haven't seen solos on them at less than 200% of double occupancy fare in quite awhile. When I have seen (and booked) 160-170% recently, it has been for insides and OVs only.

Are you shopping for balcony or above? I haven't seen solos on them at less than 200% of double occupancy fare in quite awhile. When I have seen (and booked) 160-170% recently, it has been for insides and OVs only.

Inside cabins only and they are priced at the double occupancy price plus taxes and fees for 1....:confused:

I have booked them for 150% to 170% recently too but not for Alaska. I have heard that HAL doesn't discount insides for Alaska sailings so maybe Princess has changed....

Inside cabins only and they are priced at the double occupancy price plus taxes and fees for 1....:confused:

I have booked them for 150% to 170% recently too but not for Alaska. I have heard that HAL doesn't discount insides for Alaska sailings so maybe Princess has changed....

Not sure about Alaska--perhaps the demand is high enough there that they don't have to go below 200% for solos.

I booked a solo for a CA coastal on Princess a few months ago for 160% in an inside cabin. I check the website daily when ready to book (usually HAL or Princess), as they use yield management algorithms similar to the airlines. The single supplement can vary from one day to the next, just like the fares themselves. I suspect that if a sailing gets too many 3 or 4 passenger-per-cabin bookings, then they lower to supplement to bring in solos and "balance out" the head count.

Be sure to look at the bottom line when booking a solo. I'd rather pay 200% of a $1000 fare, than 150% of a $2000 fare. So the fare itself matters as much as the supplement :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78
spelling

Hello all,

I am considering a cruise on Princess to try out a new line. I am a solo traveler, but I can not find anything on their website regarding traveling solo and the single supplement. Does Princess charge the 100% single supplement?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry no can't do.

Be sure to look at the bottom line when booking a solo. I'd rather pay 200% of a $1000 fare, than 150% of a $2000 fare. So the fare itself matters as much as the supplement :).

Absolutely :)

It is hard to imagine that Celebrity is so much cheaper. At full 200% it will be over $800 less to sail on the Millennium :eek:

Knowing that Princess will drop their fares later really doesn't matter now. I waited this year but even the last minute fare wasn't much lower than the current price on Celebrity. So I won't have to wait to book, can pick my cabin, and reserve my FF seats on Delta in about 2 weeks :)