Buying spray sunscreen: Orlando airport or Port Canaveral terminal?

kay1864

We can't check bags, and we can't pack spray sunscreen in our carryons.

That means buying it in MCO before we catch the shuttle, or buying it at the terminal.

Only options I see in MCO are Hudson News/Gifts in the concourse after we land (I don't see any shops near ticketing that would carry it)

As near as I can tell, there aren't any gift shops in the cruise terminal (the Port Canaveral website isn't much help).

Anyone bought sunscreen at either one?

The shop in MCO really is just more of the books and magazines and I really doubt you'll find much for sunscreen there. At the port you don't really have anything either so onboard is probably your easiest option. Yes it'll be more, but consider the hassle of the other options too...

What I'm most curious about is how you are going to be going on a cruise without any sort of checked baggage on the airline! :D

The shop in MCO really is just more of the books and magazines and I really doubt you'll find much for sunscreen there. At the port you don't really have anything either so onboard is probably your easiest option. Yes it'll be more, but consider the hassle of the other options too...

What I'm most curious about is how you are going to be going on a cruise without any sort of checked baggage on the airline! :D

We pack efficiently :D Shirts/shorts for the cruise, one pair pants for formal night for me, one nice dress for her.

Plus you get one carryon and one "personal item" per passenger, so that's two carryons and two "makeup bags" (a little bigger than backpack-sized) total.

I know that there is a Ron Jon's store in the terminal at MCO, they should have it there.
Excellent, thanks!

(Just checked...$15.99 on their site...oh well, still cheaper than paying for checked bags ;))

Can you pack some small travel size bottles of sunscreen lotion? Honestly, we used spray for the first time on our last cruise and all got burned. You may be better off with the lotion. Good luck. :)

Yes, we are doing that. Lotion is for face/neck, spray for the rest. I might want to go completely that route now that I've seen the prices :)

That means buying it in MCO before we catch the shuttle, or buying it at the terminal.

Only options I see in MCO are Hudson News/Gifts in the concourse after we land (I don't see any shops near ticketing that would carry it)

As near as I can tell, there aren't any gift shops in the cruise terminal (the Port Canaveral website isn't much help).

What do you mean you can't check bags?:confused: Why can't you bring some?

What do you mean you can't check bags?:confused: Why can't you bring some?
Return flight is too close for comfort. In MCO if you check bags you have to check in 45 min before, with carryon it's 30 min. Plus I don't like paying the airline baggage fees.

You can get travel size sunscreen spray cans for under $2 at Wal-Mart. Just get several cans and put them in your carry on. That should work right? Unless there is a limit as to how many travel size cans you can bring?

Edited by webzila

We pack efficiently :D Shirts/shorts for the cruise, one pair pants for formal night for me, one nice dress for her.

Plus you get one carryon and one "personal item" per passenger, so that's two carryons and two "makeup bags" (a little bigger than backpack-sized) total.

Aren't there 3 of you? DD can have her own purse with sunscreen in it. Or just ask another passenger for a squirt and explain you'll get some when the shops open. Cruisers are the friendliest people.

You can get travel size sunscreen spray cans for under $2 at Wal-Mart. Just get several cans and put them in your carry on. That should work right? Unless there is a limit as to how many travel size cans you can bring?

Ah. Very helpful,thanks! I thought it was that aerosol was not allowed--but you're right, it's that it's over 3.4 oz.

In the Airport there is a Ron Jon Surfshop which may have sunscreen. In addition, at the port there is a small Ron Jon that recently opened which may also have sunscreen. Finally there is a new observation tower at the Port which, I also believe has sunscreen. Hopes that this helps.

And you can always check Hudson News. They carry more than just mags and newspapers and disposable toothbrushes. It'll cost more than your local CVS/Wahlgreens but probably less than Ron Jons.

Yep, initially I thought that was my only option. But it seems that "shops in the concourse" in general would be more expensive than "shops that are by ticketing", since there's a captive audience. Ron Jon is (sort of) competing with local drugstores, but Hudson has almost no competition.