Drink packages.

Wok

Forget about the 'vanilla lattes' or 'caramel macchiatos', a straight flat white that doesn't resemble a cup of brown water made from a combination of ground wood shavings and coffee beans is all that I need (sorry if I have offended, but I can not stomach the stuff from the buffet)

Do you think buffet coffee is that good:cool:

If I buy the drinks package on Dawn Princess and buy a bottle of wine with the 40% discount, is my wife allowed to share the bottle of wine with me if she doesn't buy a package.

Yes, but you have to consume more than half or it is considered her bottle.

Only joking.;)

On Celebrity Solstice from Honolulu end of next year. Have done the maths... He, (who thinks he must be obeyed) can have the premium package and I will pay as I go. However He can order a bottle of wine for dinner and I will drink it. :p

On Celebrity Solstice from Honolulu end of next year. Have done the maths... He, (who thinks he must be obeyed) can have the premium package and I will pay as I go. However He can order a bottle of wine for dinner and I will drink it. :p

Like your style.:D:D

A question for RCI cruisers....do they charge the full amount for drinks packages for longer cruises...say, 14 to 18 days? I will probably wait till we're on board before I decide as we have 6 port days in a row and know we won't drink much on those days. Just curious I suppose. TIA

A question for RCI cruisers....do they charge the full amount for drinks packages for longer cruises...say, 14 to 18 days? I will probably wait till we're on board before I decide as we have 6 port days in a row and know we won't drink much on those days. Just curious I suppose. TIA

Yes it is per day. So if it's $50 per day then for 14 days it's $700.(I'm using round figures to make the Mathis easy).

Thanks for the calculator --if I have been correct in inputting the data , the calculator is telling me that I would have to have 8 drinks per day EVERY day to justify the classic alcoholic package

Now , I am a fairly reasonable drinker - but 8 drinks per day every day??? Seriously -- call it a "holiday or not -- but to do that would seriously damage my liver and anybody who drinks that kind of quantity regularly has a problem.

But - it's your life -- make it as short as you care to!!

Barry

Thanks for the calculator --if I have been correct in inputting the data , the calculator is telling me that I would have to have 8 drinks per day EVERY day to justify the classic alcoholic package

Now , I am a fairly reasonable drinker - but 8 drinks per day every day??? Seriously -- call it a "holiday or not -- but to do that would seriously damage my liver and anybody who drinks that kind of quantity regularly has a problem.

But - it's your life -- make it as short as you care to!!

Barry

That's about right. I always say around 6 a day. But does that include soft drink (soda) specialty coffee and bottled water? they can make it well worth while.

But I always say do the sums or some it's great others naaah.

That's about right. I always say around 6 a day. But does that include soft drink (soda) specialty coffee and bottled water? they can make it well worth while.

Only if you'd buy them anyway.

But as you've got equivalents of fruit drinks, tea/coffee and similar, and water throughout the ship that are free, they also don't need to be purchased either.

As said, it's more about personal preference.

Has anyone seen a calculator for the AU Princess drinks package? I have seen the US ones around but I was wondering how the AU package stacks up in comparison? Though it covers drinks to $14 how do the numbers look at $59 if you are a light drinker but were to offset with the other items mentioned ie coffees, cans of soda, bottled water etc?

Has anyone seen a calculator for the AU Princess drinks package? I have seen the US ones around but I was wondering how the AU package stacks up in comparison? Though it covers drinks to $14 how do the numbers look at $59 if you are a light drinker but were to offset with the other items mentioned ie coffees, cans of soda, bottled water etc?

Well coffee about $3 soft drink $2 water $3 (those are way old prices so probably a fair bit more now) you may only need one or two cocktails to break even, add in a few wines with meals at about $10.

But as someone said above that's only if you would buy them without the package.

To me the convenience and not having to think "Do I want to spend an extra $x" adds value by itself.

Edited by GUT2407

I haven't seen a Princess calculator sheet but I imagine if you plan to have more than 10 drinks(alcoholic and non-alcoholic) a day it is worth it.:D

Personally as not a big drinker if bottled water and canned drinks would/could be included into an expanded non-alcoholic package I would buy that in a heart beat, but obviously there isn't a market for that customer base..........

This actually changed in April this year

This is a post I read back then and paid for my Apr 2016 cruise drinks package before the price increase. The calculator I attached earlier already has the increased prices ie. $65 for premium

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

The following changes will be:

• Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

Just checked my cruise personalizer and noticed that the Drink Package is available there now, but it appears to have gone from $59.00 to $64.90.:eek:

I just checked mine and saw it listed for the first time. I am not sure it is the AU package though, it might be the US one listed with the price converted to AUD. The description has drinks to $10 though the AU package is advertised as $14?

I think $100 AUD per day is ok and I love the convenience of not worrying how much each drink is as I have already paid.

To me a holiday is kick back and enjoy and not watch your bill everyday because you may have overspent and then have to cut back to stay in budget - that is not a holiday to me.

Some friends just went on P&O out of Sydney around the Pacific & spent more than that.

Yes $100 x 18 days for my next cruise is a lot x 2 (my wife) but as I explain to other friends if is only a lot because of the multiplier effect (days per cruise)

eg.if you were on a 7 day cruise you wouldn't even question $700.

Considering this includes nice coffee,bottled water,nice OJ for breakfast, a cocktail, a glass of red with dinner and of course a beer or two and I am in front everyday. The free coffee and fruit juice are terrible.

My calculations are as was in the calculator, I only need to have 3 beers a day plus a couple of coffees,oj,water, maybe a cocktail etc and I am in front.

You don't have to have much for it to soon add up.