Prepaid tips Anytime

lance32

I have never tried Anytime Dining on Celebrity. First does prepaid tips cost more than suggested tips of 12.95 pp a day. We have 3 people in balcony and saw charge of 345 pp? This must be wrong . also wait listed for second seating and ship not full. We are existing cruises I do not like wait lists any suggestions

Thanks in Advance tried searching first

Lance32 aka Jon P

I have never tried Anytime Dining on Celebrity. First does prepaid tips cost more than suggested tips of 12.95 pp a day. We have 3 people in balcony and saw charge of 345 pp? This must be wrong . also wait listed for second seating and ship not full. We are existing cruises I do not like wait lists any suggestions

Lance32 aka Jon P

Tips are assessed per person per day and vary according to the cabin class you have booked. Select Dining always must prepay grats with final payment. You can have your TA keep checking to see if you can get switched to late dining from Select but if that doesn't work then once you get onboard see the Dining Room Maitre D' and ask to be switched. Sometimes they're able to do that but only if there is availability.

We are in standard Cabin non suite non concierge will we be charged extra for anytime Dining and if we are switched will balance of prepaid tips be refunded or can we adjust pet service actually be adjusted for non anytime dining?

Thanks

Jon P

We are in standard Cabin non suite non concierge will we be charged extra for anytime Dining and if we are switched will balance of prepaid tips be refunded or can we adjust pet service actually be adjusted for non anytime dining?

Thanks

Jon P

You are not charged "extra" for Select dining. You will pay the same tip amounts as everyone else in your cabin category, regardless of if the have set dining or Select dining. But you have to pay it in advance at final payment instead of at the end of the cruise. Not more, just the same in advance.

FYI: we prepay our tips in advance even if we don't have anytime dining. It is just one less thing to have to pay for on the final bill at the end of the cruise.

Edited by sloopsailor

Thanks

Jon P

Tips are assessed the same whether you have fixed time or select dining. You are charged according to the cabin you have not what kind of dining you have. Only difference is that those who are booked in Select dining have to pay their tips with final payment whereas those with fixed dining (early or late) are charged each day to their onboard account. If you are switched to fixed dining once onboard your tips will already be paid and won't be refunded.

Lance32 aka Jon P

It is becoming common practice with Celebrity to force passengers too pre-paid their gratuities, it avoids the many that once aboard cancel their tips.

What I can't understand is when select is supposed to be the most popular option why is it not waitlisted rather than 1st or 2nd dining. I smell a rat...........

No rat, sometimes Select is sold out, sometimes Early Traditional is sold out (especially when there are lots of families on board) sometimes Late Traditional is sold out (especially when there are lots of Europeans and South Americans on board). Each cruise is different

Also many in Blu and Lumina make the "Select" choice when they book, not knowing that it isn't required to do so

It is becoming common practice with Celebrity to force passengers too pre-paid their gratuities, it avoids the many that once aboard cancel their tips.

What I can't understand is when select is supposed to be the most popular option why is it not waitlisted rather than 1st or 2nd dining. I smell a rat...........

Where you get the idea that it is common practice by Celebrity to force passengers to pre pay their gratuities, I don't know. The only people who have to pre pay are those in Select Dining and that has been consistent since Select Dining was introduced, as a matter of fact it was in the press release. Don't know of any other case where Celebrity requires pre payment of tips.

Where you get the idea that it is common practice by Celebrity to force passengers to pre pay their gratuities, I don't know. The only people who have to pre pay are those in Select Dining and that has been consistent since Select Dining was introduced, as a matter of fact it was in the press release. Don't know of any other case where Celebrity requires pre payment of tips.

How can a cruise more than 18 months to sail with less than 30% cabin reserved cabins have both 1st and 2nd sitting waitlisted and Select Dining being a Mandatory choice. That is why it smells.....................!

For the cruise I identified both USA and UK websites the Select option is mandatory but in Europe the 1st and 2nd sitting options are available for the same cruise, very strange, if that is not forcing people to choose Select option and force pre-paid tips, what is ?

Edited by jody75

How can a cruise more than 18 months to sail with less than 30% cabin reserved cabins have both 1st and 2nd sitting waitlisted and Select Dining being a Mandatory choice. That is why it smells.....................!

For the cruise I identified both USA and UK websites the Select option is mandatory but in Europe the 1st and 2nd sitting options are available for the same cruise, very strange, if that is not forcing people to choose Select option and force pre-paid tips, what is ?

I see that the UK tip conspiracy theory cultists have found their way to yet another tip thread. :D

Edited by sloopsailor

I see that the UK tip conspiracy theory cultists have found their way to yet another tip thread. :D

Not a conspiracy when the Facts speak for themselves. Maybe you can explain the reasoning......................?

Not a conspiracy when the Facts speak for themselves. Maybe you can explain the reasoning......................?

I gave up trying to explain tipping policies to UK posters. It's like trying to push a rope uphill. :rolleyes:

The definition of insanity according to Albert Einstein applies: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."