Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

We did our votes on Friday, the day the envelope arrived, and shoved it straight back into the mail. Now I guess we sit and wait - glad we'll be in the north of Norway when the result comes out..........

Turnip Eater - It's easy to maintain weight on a cruise there is always access to the right stuff like salad and veggies. I never eat bread, potatoes, rice, pasta or desserts basically because I don't like any of them. Wine however is another matter;)

Mary

Don't like salads....well lettuce really. My downfall is wine and cocktails.:o

not too fond of pudding ...well except Crepe Suzettes(sp?):D

Don't like salads....well lettuce really. My downfall is wine and cocktails.:o

not too fond of pudding ...well except Crepe Suzettes(sp?):D

I didn't need one, but I couldn't resist it.

I have just ordered a cone waflle maker for icecreams. I know I'll use it once and store it, but how could I resist? And I'm on a diet. It just kept saying "buy me, buy me, buy me ....":)

Jeff

It's quite easy to go carb free(well apart from the booze) on the cruise which will keep the weight off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll find out when we return....don't want to undo the good work, so that will be at the back of my mind.;)

Jeff, will you be making you own ice cream too? Ice cream is the big diet killer. Magnums are between 12 and 14 points!! Mary will understand.

Just off to Southampton for a hospital appointment, then if course some retail therapy!

Edited by turnip eater

Words fail me!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do so hope not Jane! :D

You'll be surprised at how often I get a new ice cream into my head. It starts off with something simple like "what could I add to caramel to make a different ice cream". Into the kitchen I go and before you know what has happened it's something like that picture. Ice cream isn't fattening per se. It is the quantity that is fattening. And it is the first couple of mouthfuls that is the most enjoyable. So I am quite able to take the "tub" out of the freezer and take a mini scoop and put it back. I love my Gaggia. :)

Jeff

Here we hope to hang chavs instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

File:Chav_scally.jpg800px-Chav_scally.jpg

:D

Jeff

If it's because of that well known plaid pattern which is everywhere, including my DH raincoat, er, trench coat, I can understand the impulse.

The riff on that plaid is like the other initials, also everywhere.

Here's to the old days, when a Vuitton was really a nice bag, not a statement.

She said tongue firmly in cheek or is that check, or even cheque?

I do so hope not Jane! :D

You'll be surprised at how often I get a new ice cream into my head. It starts off with something simple like "what could I add to caramel to make a different ice cream". Into the kitchen I go and before you know what has happened it's something like that picture. Ice cream isn't fattening per se. It is the quantity that is fattening. And it is the first couple of mouthfuls that is the most enjoyable. So I am quite able to take the "tub" out of the freezer and take a mini scoop and put it back. I love my Gaggia. :)

Jeff

All in moderation. :)

Hello Coolers......Lots of activity going on here which is lovely.

Jeffers l remember your ice cream offerings...I'm not a great fan of the stuff...have to be in the mood although l did see some kids enjoying a Mr Whippy today and was tempted ......But...resisted as I too am watching my weight having lost well over a stone earlier this year!

We are having beautiful weather here in North Wales....had a ladies lunch out today at a local garden centre and managed to bag up some fabulous Cheshire Potatoes along with local back bacon which was still almost oinking.....[emoji6] a couple of eggs with that tomorrow will make for a very nice summer lunch....pity there's no runners about yet!

TA trying to re organise our voyages for late 2017, they are currently on The Wind and not too happy.

Happy Weekend

Sophia [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TA trying to re organise our voyages for late 2017, they are currently on The Wind and not too happy.

Soapy hope the news from your TA friends is OK and it isn't a cruise issue.

What on earth is that ..... :eek::D:eek::D

Ice cream made from custard and all the ingredients on the Gaggia!

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

It was a lovely invention!

Hope you got to the beer festival in Southampton yesterday. Hundreds of lovely British beers!

Jeff

Beer! Blah!

No. We were in Southampton yesterday evening. Enough traffic for the week!

Back to the sticks for now. Out for lunch tomorrow, Wedding Anniversary!

Congrats, turnip eater - I bet you won't be having turnips for your lunch today.

UK coolers might be interested to watch a programme on BBC2 on Friday at 9 p.m., about wealthy holidaymakers - apparently it includes a piece on Seadream. The Times today is not very complimentary, however. There is a second one next week.

Lola

Congrats, turnip eater - I bet you won't be having turnips for your lunch today.

UK coolers might be interested to watch a programme on BBC2 on Friday at 9 p.m., about wealthy holidaymakers - apparently it includes a piece on Seadream. The Times today is not very complimentary, however. There is a second one next week.

Lola

Thank you Lola...We're off to a cliff side restaurant, but unfortunately the weather isn't good for sitting outside.

We'll record the BBC2, sounds interesting viewing. Thanks for the tip.:)

Thank you!

Had a wonderful meal.......kept to the fish...delicious...looked after so well by Kirstie...she goes to WeightWatchers too!

Couldn't manage a pud, so had a Amaretto!....3 points:D

Thunderstorm forecast for later this afternoon

Good afternoon Coolers ..

Happy anniversary TE! I feel that anniversaries are the most important thing to celebrate if you are a lucky one. How many years? Ameretto .....(sigh) ..... you know that pour it on top of coffee flavoured icecream is a marriage made in heaven which is appropriate for an anniversary? :)

Things are quite on the cooler recently. JP abandoned ship. Fletch gone awol. Soapy planning better things. Even Terry no longer talks to his audience from the rostrum! Spins gone for even shorter sentences! And all others! GONE!!! Still us with long sentences still to do are still here! :D

This voting stuff. Cameron seems to have done bad on Sky but it seems the feelings are Gove did better. The interviewer was aweful. I don't know why but I still feel that the result could be a suprise. Everyone says it is certainly "remain" but I can't tell whether my judgment is befuddled by wishful thinking but I think it could go our way. It just might. I don't know.

Today was a simple veg stir fry 'cos we are missing Singapore.

Jeff

DC8503BB-3031-4E2A-93C7-8AC97FF4CFCC.jpg

Cooeeee Jeff. Basking in the afterglow of the vino and the glorious Amaretto:D

Don't like coffee unless it has summat in it to mask the flavour....Cointreau or Amaretto.... Or Brandy! No wonder I have to go to WeightWatchers:eek:

Had scallops and summat for starters, then a huge portion of Turbot (had to bring some home for the hounds). Was delicious. Spousie had smoked haddock chowder, looked good, followed by Skate...good too. Couldn't manage pud, but Kirstie......server, as our N American cousins would call her, bought us a plate emblazoned with Happy Anniversary and a dod of Rum 'n' Raisin Ice Cream with berries....enough for the two of us:D