Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Those are gorgeous pictures CL ..... wish him good luck and lot's of happy piccy taking!

My piccies yesterday and today are simple ipad piccys I'm afraid. Yesterday was three lovely proscuitto varieties and prawns and anchovy and some sourdough ... and today was more prawns with some fresh flatbread made with khorosan and rye flour with nigella seeds, fresh thyme, tomato and some thick green olive oil.

Jeff

Added: Fellow Brits what a train wreck Top Gear was ......

027B0BE7-343B-4ED1-8603-0D9B61D0DAB3.jpg

DD0340A9-6467-49BE-9E2B-799DC9EBE95D.jpg

022003F2-D3CF-4858-8721-AD4A4A66D2F2.jpg

90FDD9E2-F6F7-4742-AEA0-A87C2A97A9BD.jpg

30220CC7-EB3F-47C9-A3FF-B35EB1646E4F.jpg

BF922073-13AF-44E4-B01A-41A5E6A2BF85.jpg

Greetings Coolers! Beautiful pictures to wake up to. CL...those flora photos are breath-taking! J.....your food photos are always drool-inducing. That bread looks amazing! Mary...I'm tackling the weed issue today. I don't like my odds though.

Have a great day all!

I think it was because he is canny enough to know it was a disaster and he was nervous. He always shouts at the audience when he is nervous.

They made all the wrong choices.

What Evans has demonstrated is how clever and how much skilled work it took when the previous three made it "appear" spontaineous and unrehearsed. They worked at it very hard, and in their own way they were "like us" in their confusion at complicated car controls etc. That is why Clarkson lost his rag after a very hard day at the office. Evans tries to be a "big kid" but he no longer is, so he is equally unattractive to those that like the last three and to a you ger audience. He misses all marks. It was over contrived and poorly executed and it seems that whereas most sort of liked the three these two are unlikeable. I think most people dislike Ramsay. And why bring on a bloke who doesn't like cars? Why did they not edit out the reading of the prompter?

He tried (badly) to replicate the previous winning formula.

Game over. :(

Jeff

The images are straight out of the camera, he was testing close-up capacity on tiny flowers. He says it's a significant step forward from the d300s in terms of difficult focusing scenarios, very low light situations, and resolution.

Appreciate and love the wonderful pictures from that new Nikon D300 camera. Looking great!! Plus, the nice food pictures from Jeff. Been busy with a number of work and home projects, but will be trying to catch up on "things" later this week.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!! In the U.S., today is a major holiday that recognizes who have served in our military and made the ultimate sacrifice. Very important holiday here!! Plus, it is kind of the start of the summer season with outdoor grilling, vacations, etc. More later.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 144,692 views for this posting.

I think it was because he is canny enough to know it was a disaster and he was nervous. He always shouts at the audience when he is nervous.

They made all the wrong choices.

What Evans has demonstrated is how clever and how much skilled work it took when the previous three made it "appear" spontaineous and unrehearsed. They worked at it very hard, and in their own way they were "like us" in their confusion at complicated car controls etc. That is why Clarkson lost his rag after a very hard day at the office. Evans tries to be a "big kid" but he no longer is, so he is equally unattractive to those that like the last three and to a you ger audience. He misses all marks. It was over contrived and poorly executed and it seems that whereas most sort of liked the three these two are unlikeable. I think most people dislike Ramsay. And why bring on a bloke who doesn't like cars? Why did they not edit out the reading of the prompter?

He tried (badly) to replicate the previous winning formula.

Game over. :(

Jeff

Well observed.....all true. Ramsey is a pain the er er thumb:D He's a bag of nerves and a big kid, always looking round for approval....or does he worry someone may throw something at him.

I really enjoy Clarkson & Co. We now watch all the old shows on various free view channels. :o

Well observed.....all true. Ramsey is a pain the er er thumb:D He's a bag of nerves and a big kid, always looking round for approval....or does he worry someone may throw something at him.

I really enjoy Clarkson & Co. We now watch all the old shows on various free view channels. :o

Thanks. :)

They took a double whammy with Ramsey as he came onto the show to solely it seems to boast about his wealth and cars. Dafter still ..... all scripted. Fancy bringing that key with hi. You know what pretty much every viewer was saying under their breath through that piece. You think he would have seen how that might play out and said "No, I want people to like me".

If I caught it correctly he has invited Sharleen Spiteri on? He use to invite her onto TGIF and my "understanding" is that he asked her out a few times apres Billie Piper, and she told him to "go away" (but in Scottish) .... he seems to be inviting anyone he knows that will talk to him. nPerhaps he is still inpursuit! ;)

It is all such a shame that the beloved beeb seems to have lost it's touch.

You don't have to answer, but where on the coast are you? We enjoy the same weather!

Jeff

Near Lymington :)

It turned cold a couple of hours ago...but brightening up again now.

Where are you??

North of Salisbury and next week Devon. :)

Why turnip eater? Probably a daft question! You like turnips?!

Jeff

edited: Lymington is gorgeous. You are lucky.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

North of Salisbury and next week Devon. :)

Why turnip eater? Probably a daft question! You like turnips?!

Jeff

edited: Lymington is gorgeous. You are lucky.

Well, when I had to choose a name, all the ones I came up with were bounced:mad:.

Turnip is my own little expletive! Goodness knows why I said 'eater', perhaps I was peckish. :D

Now then, are Turnips orange or white? Depends which part of the country you are from!

Are you moving to Devon? Or just on holibobs?

Edited by turnip eater

Well, when I had to choose a name, all the ones I came up with were bounced:mad:.

Turnip is my own little expletive! Goodness knows why I said 'eater', perhaps I was peckish. :D

Now then, are Turnips orange or white? Depends which part of the country you are from!

Are you moving to Devon? Or just on holibobs?

It's funny how you choose a name .... you never give it more than a moment's thought and then you are stuck with it and wished you'd thought for five more seconds!

No, it's a second home. I bought it when we were "working" and it was used partly for breaks and to think and work out what to do next, and partly to take clients down and away from their mobile phones and away from their staff for the purposes of " strategic planning". A lot planning was done on the beach. You'd be surprised. Normally I'd take people who said "they couldn't afford the time" away for three nights and they would say afterwards that it was the most useful time they had spent. To completely detach yourself and think is so important. You'd be surprised at how creative you can be by the sea and away from phones. A few cunning corporate plans were done when the mind had lost it's inhibitions over a bottle of champers or three. It was a nice way to earn a few crumbs.

We see it now as basically a balcony where we sit and eat, overlooking the sea with a house attached to it. It isn't somewhere we could retire to.

Jeff

Hello all.

Monday almost over, and on to Tuesday.

Food looks good Jeff.

Love the photos from catlover, just gorgeous.

Finished retiling two bathroom floors in DH office.

I am beat. Started yesterday.

Wish I could teleport some of Jeffers food, if there are any leftovers. And if he'd part with some.

Too tired to cook today, and all smells of BBQ wafting thru our neighborhood. YUM.

And we are on into June.

So fast.

Great pix and lovely food - yum

Spins very ambitious on the tiling - something I've not tried (yet!)

Weeds beaten into submission now it's the turn of the grass except where to put the clippings as the wheelie is full from last weeks effort as is the composter. Sigh.

Jeff - we're going on the Whisper from Copenhagen as far as the North Cape - we so enjoyed it in 2011 but are visiting different ports this time. Lots to do before then though with organizing everything for the lady who looks after furry four legs!

Mary

Good afternnon Coolers!

Thanks TE, we will do. If it is sunny I might post some piccies from the balcony!

Mary that cruise sounds wonderful .... will you get to see the Northern Lights?

Spins ..... thanks ... today I've been bored and making some bread. A couple of mega byalis ie sort of onion rolls/mega bagels! Made them in the bread/pizza oven using khorasan, rye, wholemeal and Canadian with some onion seed, honey and red onions. Appropriately for a Cooler they are cooling now!

:)

Jeff

EC90DF20-8B94-4DF4-A1EF-8D06AF39FBC2.jpg

132A859A-4DC4-4AD2-A642-054296BAE917.jpg

Tea and rain here as well! I have lost around seven or eight pound over the last couple of weeks .... and I mustn't slip! But that bread does smell good and I cannot sit here much longer without cutting some and giving it a tasting! It was an experiement so it'll be interesting. And I'll be overdosing on Indian food next week and the week after ... so ....:)

Jeff

Had a busy BH weekend, playing golf (for the first time in 25 years) in a charity competition for a local scout group. Incredibly £8000 was made through raffles, donations, golf fees and an auction.

How did it go? After an air shot on the opening tee, a scuffed shot into the rough fairway and lost ball..... then repeat from the next shot, I was almost ready to give up as a bad idea and a poor second hole didnt help. Surprisingly, I didnt lose another ball and got round with a stapleford score of 34, which all things considered was (IMHO) excellent.

In the meantime, Ive booked a return to the Wind on the 12 June for the wife and her parents for lunch. (Well applied - i havent got the approval yet!)

I'm quite looking forward to that!

Boy was the weather nasty here in London today! It was like winter.... grey wet and miserable.... but...

From my office window, I looked out and to my disbelief saw a seal swimming in the Thames between London Bridge and London Bridge pier. Dunno what type. It was jet black in colour. All sightings shown on line seem to be for seals grey in colour!

Weight Watchers are brilliant that's how I initially lost 10lbs about 4 years ago and have managed to maintain it by sticking to the points system.

No rain in Shrews! Although mighty chilly - it was OK when I was mowing but since I came inside the temp seems to have dropped - just had to put a sweatshirt on.

No Northern Lights I'm afraid this time - land of the midnight sun! Last time we were there we cruised past the North Cape at midnight and there were beams of sunlight coming through the clouds! It does make for interesting sleeping though but fortunately curtains do their job.

Mary

Good that you've kept the weight off Mary,how do you cope on a cruise!

Tuesdays are bad, I crave 'high pointed food'. Wednesdays are bad as I satisfy my cravings. :rolleyes:

Les,My husband says that he used to see a seal near Canary Wharf when he worked there....perhaps your seal has moved from there. :) He used to see Silversea ships from his office window, on their way to and from Tower Bridge.

Great pic Jeff. :D

Les,My husband says that he used to see a seal near Canary Wharf when he worked there....perhaps your seal has moved from there. :) He used to see Silversea ships from his office window, on their way to and from Tower Bridge.

Yes, Canary wharf has lots of sightings, but past Tower Bridge is quite rare.

http://sites.zsl.org/inthethames/#Public sightings

I can watch the ships berth at Tower Bridge and watch the tenders cross from Tower pier over to the Belfast. It upsets me seeing that bit and not being on one! lol

4 times this Summer for the Wind and then 5 times for the Wind and one for the Cloud next Summer.

I will need a season ticket in 2017! :p