Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Just a heads up and warning to anyone who has been using the My Flights App we discussed some time back. This has now been forced to close.

Amadeus, the main global flight booking database, has blocked external access to its data – coincidentally on the same day that it launched a new version of its own Check My Trip app.

Check my trip by comparison is rubbish and has only a fraction of the functionality of My Flights. You would get a notification from My Flights within a few hours of any change to your flight (seat number, aircraft type, cancellation, time change) and you would be at the front of the queue to get yourself rebooked.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to anyone who relies on the app and think it great.

Jeff

No, the main thing about my flights is that it constantly monitored in real time all the following:

• Passengers and Frequent Flyer numbers
  • E-Ticket numbers
  • Airline and Flight numbers
  • Flight arrival and departure dates and times
  • Airports and terminals of departure/arrival
  • Seat allocations
  • Special Meals
  • Class of Service
  • Fare Booking Code or Fare Basis
  • Aircraft
  • Airline confirmation numbers
  • Booking comments, restrictions and reservation office

This meant that it would tell you proactively if the airline had changed metal or changed your seat or flight times flight cancellations etc so that you could be ahead of the queue for taking action. Many people really relied on it. I use Award Wallet for everything else.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Hmmmmm.

We recently had notification of a flight change. When I investigated, it had changed because of a plane type change....which in turn meant seat change.

Just as well I keep an eye on things like that. :roll eyes:

Just off to the weigh-in. :(

J...I loved that My Flights app! I got it last year at your suggestion and it worked very well for us. There were many changes on our outward bound trip to Miami and we were able to address them quickly with the airline. Sorry to lose this app! Thanks for the heads up.

J...I loved that My Flights app! I got it last year at your suggestion and it worked very well for us. There were many changes on our outward bound trip to Miami and we were able to address them quickly with the airline. Sorry to lose this app! Thanks for the heads up.

If you wish to help the campaign to reverse the issue, may I suggest you follow the lead and post your itunes feedback for "checkmytrip" to highlight that it is a useless app and that it isn't anywhere near as functional as My Flights, which you will see is taking on a head of steam. Hopefully Amadeus will respond by either adding the functionality to checkmytrip or reinstate the link for My Flights. This "enhancement" has put many people back to the situation where they now have to routinely and regularly check all their flights manually for changes.

The consequenece of not doing that is that you find when you arrive at the airport that they have changed metal without telling you and you and your better half have been placed apart on the new flight.

We don't want to go backwards and Amadeus might respond.

Jeff

Great piccies Les ......... when do we see the Lesorama?

Cheers

I have no idea what the app you mentioned is, but sounds good. I just tried the Amadeus one and I can't even figure how to log in! (I've been on their website too)

Am I the first UK Cooler to have voted?

:)

Jeff

Yes... Did you get the t-shirt? "I'm out today" :p

In the meantime, the peace and quiet at my office will be broken by the firing of a 62 gun salute from the tower at 13.00 today. The Belfast is firing southwards tomorrow some "yachting guns" whatever they are... And on the 10th (the day before the wind returns)... Phil gets a 62 gun jobby too from the Tower.

The glass shakes from the shockwave.... And you always know it's coming as it hits a second after you can see th smoke from the canon being fired.

Might pop over today. Would make and interesting time lapse! Lol

Edited by les37b

Yes... Did you get the t-shirt? "I'm out today" :p

In the meantime, the peace and quiet at my office will be broken by the firing of a 62 gun salute from the tower at 13.00 today. The Belfast is firing southwards tomorrow some "yachting guns" whatever they are... And on the 10th (the day before the wind returns)... Phil gets a 62 gun jobby too from the Tower.

The glass shakes from the shockwave.... And you always know it's coming as it hits a second after you can see th smoke from the canon being fired.

Might pop over today.

I found myself wondering over the last day or so with the various memorial services why they call them "guns" and not "cannons".

Have you also noticed how over the last ten years or so what use to be called "ground" as in "he fell to the gorund" is now called "floor" even when outside? Am I right in thinking it was always "floor" when inside and "ground" when outside or am I simply going barmy?

I put my tick in the box with a great sense that this was the most important vote I have ever taken and ever will. I see that current odds seem to be around 7/2.

Jeff

We did our votes on Friday, the day the envelope arrived, and shoved it straight back into the mail. Now I guess we sit and wait - glad we'll be in the north of Norway when the result comes out..........

Turnip Eater - It's easy to maintain weight on a cruise there is always access to the right stuff like salad and veggies. I never eat bread, potatoes, rice, pasta or desserts basically because I don't like any of them. Wine however is another matter;)

Mary

When will the results be known?

Is there a potential for a recount?

If you're talking about our EU vote, then although postal votes have to be returned by 10pm on the 23rd, in practice most of the votes will arrive with the postman in the morning of 23rd June. I think we'll know by early hours of 24th .... and I see you are kindly sending over your Mr Trump for the result. Hoobleedin'ray! ;)

Although they are still offering odds off 5/2'ish I still harbour the irrational hope or belief it is much closer than those odds imply. Today we have been told that butterflies are at risk if we leave the EU. People are fed up with this rubbish.

The terrible dishonest thing about the current state of our politics is that both Corbyn and Cameron are known to be in their heart wanting to leave the EU but they are pretending otherwise. History. We are intrinsicly a great and up to now independant nation and whatever people say is the uncertainty of an out no one can take that part of our makeup away. Fingers crossed.

Today was fish goujons and vin du boite blanc avec un tap plastique.

:)

Jeff

Jeff keep hoping. My water tells me it's much closer than we think. The press is partly with us (well more for than anti) which I hope will help. Still think it's all to play for. Heard on the radio this morning that the gamblers on the pound are anticipating out. Just waiting for the bookies to turn. Think Cameron is finished. We have an ex Tory minister in the road and he's voting out!! Jane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jeff keep hoping. My water tells me it's much closer than we think. The press is partly with us (well more for than anti) which I hope will help. Still think it's all to play for. Heard on the radio this morning that the gamblers on the pound are anticipating out. Just waiting for the bookies to turn. Think Cameron is finished. We have an ex Tory minister in the road and he's voting out!! Jane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jane,

I can't bring myself to punt a bet. This is because if I lose, I'll lose out twice. I did however read of a punter who has voted "out" but gambled in on the basis that either way he wins something. I get that. :D

Jeff