Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

The sad thing about all this, is that if the pompous EU twits had simply allowed David Cameron some wriggle room on EU immigration then none of this would probably have happened.

Jeff

This ^^^^^

Cameron came away with nothing and we were then told nothing was the best he was going to get.

The sad further part is they would probably prefer the pain that everyone will now go through than concede things that would actually cost very little in the bigger picture.

And of course certain countries sign up to things they have no intentions of honouring. Oui?

Les,

Steady on .... we must try and look magnanimous in victory! ;)

What has yet to hit home yet, is how the rest of our fellow citizens we leave behind in the EU will react when they have to share our funding contributions against the background of the EU holding back their next accounts until after our vote. This really is just a matter of time before a viable party offers a referendum to citizens in another country before the domino effect starts. Hooland may be next. Or France. Or even (heaven forbid ...) Germany.

All the EU needs to do (yes I know I did say "all".....) is accept that the subsidiarity aims was a con and unacceptable. Then they will survive. But they won't.

Just to position some f these other things for our American cousins, if you take the population of Scotland and Wales COMBINED it is around the same as the population of Greater London.

Jeff

Bitten by a horse S? Egad! That must have been painful! They have HUGE teeth! We love New Zealand too! And the wine is no slouch either! :)

M....my first visit to NZ was quite an experience....before arriving in Auckland our ship was bobbing around in the Aussie Bight for three days of the most horrendous storm l have ever encountered at sea....I didn't realise how bad this all was until l met up with my first cousin who had just emigrated there and was waiting to meet me.....media reports were that my ship was lost...and she cried when she saw us

dock!

I was lucky enough to get some leave to stay with my cousin for a while and enjoy some sightseeing....I had ridden this horse along some beautiful scenery but on dismounting the bugger bit my backside....yes it was very painful and l had to get a tetanus from the ships surgeon so a double whammy......great memories though! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Les,

Steady on .... we must try and look magnanimous in victory! ;)

Quite tight Jeff.

Maybe the remain camp should be re-branded as the 'runner ups' and congratulated on 2nd place. :D

A petition is actually quite pathetic IMHO.

The nation voted. The nation decided. It really woudnt matter if every person n Scotland voted In. On the basis of that argument, why should England and Wales be held back? There were lots of very dirty tactics going on to gain votes towards the end. Its pretty clear for example the late rush to register was from young people who really had no interest in politics until foreigners like the facebook owner, president Barrick Obama amongst others poked their nose in. Or the use of an MPs death to aid the campaign was pretty low in my opinion...... but despite all of that the leave voters would have accepted the outcome had it gone against, which i thought it was going to.

Im not sure why "labour" voters or older voters somehow not allowed a vote or right to a voice.

On the subject of the threats from the EU..... its precisely this sort of disgraceful behaviour that has cost them our membership. They are not elected representives and have no concept of democrisy. I fully expect other member states to call for referendums and win them.

Maybe we could have a common market and have good trade arrangements..... oh wait!

Appreciate your further explanation. One quick question..... could you explain why "labour" voters or olders voters were not allowed a vote or right to a voice? Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you posted.

Thank you!

P.S. Jeff, maybe next time you can take a photo. We now make proper shepherds pie rather than cottage pie. We find the lamb more digestible than beef. Sadly, we have reached the time of the year when it is too warm to use the oven in the house - I'll have to wait until the Fall.

Edited by Travelcat2

P.S. Jeff, maybe next time you can take a photo. We now make proper shepherds pie rather than cottage pie. We find the lamb more digestible than beef. Sadly, we have reached the time of the year when it is too warm to use the oven in the house - I'll have to wait until the Fall.

I didn't make this one I'm afraid, ... have to confess!

I also prefer shepherds pie, so much lighter. I use a soffritto base and add some dried oregano and mint and a slug of Noily. The problem is that I make it in batches and freeze but the freezer is full of stuff.

I wish I'd made some now.

Jeff

Jeff

Appreciate your further explanation. One quick question..... could you explain why "labour" voters or olders voters were not allowed a vote or right to a voice? Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you posted.

Thank you!

Everyone over 18 is entitled to a voice and a vote. No ones vote has any more or less relevance or value. That was the point I made. Others disagree. I think you misread my post.

I have to admit that I did not recognize many names on the line-up J. However, Adele is a definite stand-out! I heart her! :) And you are never too old! That is a societal convention that needs the old heave-ho! And to be fair, our parents did not think much of the music we enjoyed. Time to let your hair down and boogie til you drop from fatigue. It will keep you feeling young at heart.

Sadly I am no Adele fan. Sorry. I just don't get it. Although she is a Tottenham girl .... she is on at the moment. Swearing like a drunk trooper. :rolleyes:

I am so looking forward to Earth Wind and Fire on the West Holts Stage tomorrow. It will be sad without Maurice White ..... I'm sure they will tribute him. I have a silly fantasy that I wanted to see Niles Rodgers and the band together .... a marriage really made in heaven.

I've been offered some tickets for them at the London O2 on 1st July and it is a temptation for a night in London. It sort of sounds poetic ... Earth Wind and Fire and a curry and in whatever order one likes ...;)

Jeff

J...you absolutely NEED to follow the temptation and do it! It will prevent any further stodginess from setting in! :) Take that as a prescription! Just DO IT!

And did you just "bleedin" apologize????? Heresy!

Edited by mysty

You know you're getting old when half the time you're not sure whether it's a musical group or just a misspelt word.

I think you are old when you really feel sorry for our kids who are simply not provided with the continuous quality of really good music that we had week in and week out. Today, even with all the technology so much of it is simply talentless and inventiveles.

Adele, is supposed to be one of the top world acts of the moment, but there is simply nothing "excellent" about her performance. She is way outclassed by her band and I wish she'd stop wailing so I could listen to them. When she isn't wailing she is swearing away. We have a comedian here called Peter Kay who does a female called Geraldine. Adele is impersonating Geraldine. :D

She has just stopped mid-song, swore and is now starting again and she is messing it up again.

Think I'll go off and cook a sausage.

Jeff